X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N?rburgring Nordschleife GT4 challenge

hi all,

simple rules for this one ... post your fastest time on the Nurburgring, with car used, modifications made and cost of all (car plus mods)

the results will be incorporated into a feature ... so the fastest and cheapest can expect an email in the future

cheers for your time

john

*edited to make it easier - use any car you desire*
    Last edited by John Beaulieu; 02-03-2005, 10:54.

to get the ball rolling ... with my shoddy time

9.33.388 ... Honda Civic Type R '97 ... (will update with mods and costs later)

Comment

is there a closing date John ? (don't forget us PAL people)

Comment

right, i've just had a little go on this. but its a little hard to know how 'bad' a car i should use. i've also got no idea how much these cars cost or what mods i have done. i could find out the mods and guess at the cost if neccessary, but i wont be in the running to win anyway.
        i will put down the 'ps' though, which might give some indication to how good the car is.

my first attempt was predictably with an FD.
        Mazda RX7 type RZ '93 (575PS).....7.52.488

then i chose something less powerfull, but i thought it would handle a little better.
        Subaru Impreza WRX (441PS).....7.47.002

i guess i'm choosing cars that are too good

Comment

david ... no closing date for the challenge, but there will probably be a deadline on the feature i am planning

fuddle ... use a cheap car ya wuss .. mine has cost about 20,000 including the mods i have

Comment

they are the worst cars i have...i sell everything i dont need anymore

i'll have to buy something else later

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
              mine has cost about 20,000 including the mods i have
              how did you get it that cheap?
              is this because the asian and japanese versions have different currency?

seeing as you went with a Civic Type R, i decided to try an Integra Type R.
              mine is the '95 model, older than yours and has no mods at all...not even an oil change. and it cost Cr 779,700

time 9.02.233

Comment

1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex (bog standard from the 80`s garage, no oil changes etc) - Cr 537000 - 9m04.869s

Always hated this car, but I gotta admit it hustles.

Oh, and I got 5m13s in the F1 car, and that didn`t cost me anything at all. Does that count?
                Last edited by SonicMarmite; 27-02-2005, 19:08.

Comment

1993 Mazda RX7 (bog standard, no oil changes etc) - Cr 1,390,000 - 8m06.008s (244PS)

Comment

1985 Mazda RX7 (bog standard, no oil changes etc) - Cr 591,400 - 8m36.482s

Comment

managed a 7.33 in the Lister

Comment

What can i not choose a fast car to do this?

Comment

choose whichever car you feel like ... just take into account that sonic can get nearly a sub-5 minute time with the f1

Comment

The true cost of an F1 car (check by trying to trade it) is very high.

John I had a little play with a spreadsheet and came up with this table (factoring in the higher cost of stuff in the Japanese version). I would say that seconds per thousand credits is the thing to look for. So far we have:

SonicMarmite - 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex - 101.465
                            Fuddle - Honda Integra Type R '95 - 69.544
                            SonicMarmite - 1993 Mazda RX7 - 37.157
                            John Beaulieu - Honda Civic Type R '97 - 28.669

The Sprinter is going to take some beating. I assumed the 20,000 for the cost of your Civic.
                            Last edited by Bassman; 02-03-2005, 11:52.

Comment

What about my older RX7 lap - that should score way higher than the Trueno?

And, heres one, of what will over the next few days become many, GT4 videos.

If anyone wants to see a certain track in a certain car, let me know and I`ll try a video on MGV. I`ve only got one Ring lap capped atm, and thats the Sauber C9 superlicense lap, clocked sub-gold, but its 200mb (with a 70mb smaller version) so expect it to be uploaded in the morning.

Enjoy. ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X