Halo 2: Maptacular Monday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
    Rob - Just update the expiry date on your card and you should be fine !
    Not got the last 4 digits to edit it

Comment

that also heppend to me, phone bank thay have em

Comment

Ok, got them now

That patch last week made the game a lot better: everything seems to be a lot smoother and the weapon tweaks etc make the games much more exciting!

With the packs, there are 2 downloads (each of which contain 2 maps each). Each pack has 1 vehicle based level and one for more close up action.

The free pack has what I assumed was a remake of Sidewinder off Halo, but it is actually pretty different- if it were not for the snow it would be completely different. It's a pretty massive level and has a lot to do (but also features some annoying invisible walls). Not played much on the second free level yet, but it seems to be a good level with few places to hide and muchos crampness.

The pay packs are decent- one level is is the city, which for some reason reminds me a lot of Half Life 2 (the pics I've seen) and Counter Strike, there are loads of places to hide and the level seems to go up just as much as it stretches out. The other level is set in a kind of ruin, and looks very natural and seems quite large for a non-vehicle based level.

Despite only having played them for a short period, these are all great levels and I can see them offering huge replayability for the game. The levels are very dark however, and seem to have a very subtle graphical effect which makes the lighting seem 'smudged' or this may be my brain playing tricks on me. I'd say it's totally worth the ?3 for the 2 levels, and can't wait to sit down tonight and play them online for a few hours!

Comment

Good lord! I wish I could go straight home!

As it is you will probably see me online later as a drunken fool!
          (No change in skill level obviously)

Comment

T'was fun tonight folks, cheers.

T'will be even funner once the lag calms down, but them maps are pretty nice. Well worth 3 quid.

Comment

Yeah, I was impressed with the new maps; Containment is excellent, and I hope a few more strategies develop for it - we played a lot of one flag and I'd love to see a simultaneous attack/defence game, maybe multiflag or assault.

Turf and Sanctuary are both great, too; Turf is tight, twisty, a fun game of hide and seek and surprisingly good on territories (and Swat Team). Sanctuary's quite nice because it's big and open and so you can get off lots of opportunity shots.

Haven't played Warlock; apparently it's not so hot...

But yeah, definitely worth the ?3 for those maps, as they're damn good.

Comment

have to say i was expecting something a little bigger from turf and warlock is a remake of one of the worst (IMO) maps from halo.

containment is great and i can't believe gerry found a way to get on top of it almost instantly

Comment

Yeah - Great maps. Containment & Sanctuary definately the standouts but I was surprised how much fun Warlock was - I was ready to hate it like I did Wizard but the game of Ninjanaut we had was tremendous and I'd imagine oddball (3 balls?) would also be good.

The matches on Containment & Sanctuary easily the best - Particularly that last single Bomb game on Sanctuary - is fantastic having fresh maps and being able to try out some fresh strategies without any pressure (nerk).

Comment

Turf also worked really well with Juggernaut, with its winding alleys and plenty of hiding places, although it might be a bit pointless with smaller parties.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Randy Dupre
                      Turf also worked really well with Juggernaut, with its winding alleys and plenty of hiding places, although it might be a bit pointless with smaller parties.
                      I see you and Gerry are on now!

Did you guys take the day off work or something?

Comment

Gerry's on an extended leave of absence, due to Halo related stress. The thought of being locked in here while there was new Halo content to be ripped apart was too much and he went into meltdown. We expect to see him back in work 2 weeks before the release of Halo 3, then he will be off again

Comment

Hell i need a case of that!

Comment

I've just got a bad case of unemployment

Comment

Nobody needs that!

Comment

Working...
                              X