Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matchmaking Updates and Stat Reset (Today, 04/05/2005, should be the day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matchmaking Updates and Stat Reset (Today, 04/05/2005, should be the day)

Today is the day of the Matchmaking Updates and Stat Reset:

Originally posted by Bungie.net
    Tomorrow, Wednesday May 4th, we'll be resetting stats and more importantly, updating the Matchmaking Playlists to include the new maps, adjusted settings and new game variants. All this will happen sometime mid-morning Pacific Standard Time.

The new playlists will include a couple of really obvious changes ? the addition of a two vs. two option (called Double Team), as well as a "deluxe" playlist (called Team Preview) that will allow players who've paid for Turf and Sanctuary to play them in matchmaking. Both playlists are heavily weighted towards the new maps, although you will play on older maps too.

NOTE: Now that almost all the playlists include the new (free) maps you MUST download the two free ones (Containment and Warlock) to enter ANY matchmaking playlist. You do NOT need to pay for Turf and Sanctuary unless you wish to play in the new "deluxe" playlist.

Stats will be reset to level one for everybody and it will be a level playing field once again. It'll take several games before skill levels begin to even out again, so initially, players will be matched against folks who're a lot better, a lot worse and everything in between. As you start to level up, you'll also level off, and find yourself playing against similarly skilled players once again.

Cool - lets see if i can finally surpass level 14!!!!

Hopefully theres more chance of landing on a new map with the MM to begin with. I dont want to do assault on coag multiple times before i can do it on sanctuary etc

Comment

I logged on around 17:45 and I haven't received an update yet and there was nothing new in the download section.

Comment

Eccos
        I logged on at 18:50 and I haven't received an update yet and there was nothing new in the download section.

Comment

Anybody ???? This is the only reason I'd likely be on tonight !

EDIT : Just checked bungie.net - My Rumble Pit, Team Skirmish and Team Slayer stats have reset but my Head to Head and Big Team Battle have not.

Ain't tried logging on yet - it's either PC or XBOX for me.
          Last edited by Yoshimax; 04-05-2005, 17:56.

Comment

oh yer same here.... I'll have aother look on halo in a sec, just give it 15mins.

Comment

Fack it I'm gonna have a game of SC:CT with Gerry and play some Spikeout - Apprentice on at 9 can't miss that - Catch you guys on matchmaking tomoz - looking forward to 2v2 !!

Comment

Well its out, and all stats reset.

You dont need to DL anything its just on the matchmaking list.

Comment

I wouldn't jump straight into the game too fast. Not to avoid higher level players, but the servers seem so messed up. I've played old and new styles of games and the levels don't all seem to be reset yet.

If you can wait, do so, just let those servers stablise a little.

Comment

yup - just hearing the "**** Sake" from everybody when Ivory Tower comes up etc - we wanna play new maps more often please!

Randomly Lock out team slayer on preview playlist!

Comment

Matchmaking 2vs2 Multi Flag on Wizard and Midship?. Great?

Comment

yeah i lost at that too tonight! ha! Multi flag on midship i mean!

Comment

I had multiflag CTF on Warlock. I mean, how bonkers is that?

Comment

Flag into teleport... win... or not.... as the case maybe...

also as the map is so small people can get the flag back in the time it takes to respawn.

Comment

I had a thoroughly crappy evening. Every game I got into - and bear in mind I was level 9/10 with intermittent play before reset - the Americans would leave after five minutes when they realised they were better than their team and whinge about "not ranking up fast enough".

"This is a waste of time, I could rank up way faster elsewhere".

Really got to me. Was playing Team Skirmish - a nice game of 1 Flag CTF Cov on Zanzibar (ie Covenant vehicles) and Battle Rifles default on, you know, that one with the ribcage whose name escapes me, made more sense... until my entire team quit on me.

So I'm well up for ranking up/playing 2v2 with some of you lot...

Comment

Working...
                              X