Any free MMORPGS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any free MMORPGS?

really want a MMORPG too waste my summer on but dont wanna pay the monthly fee of WOW and cant be bothered to get guild wars. gimme some downloadables

thaks in advacne
    Last edited by Slasher; 27-06-2005, 01:42.

Don't want much do you

try looking on 3dgamers.com or good old google I suppose unless someone knows of free one off top of their head so to speak.

Comment

Guild wars doesn't have a monthly subscription, you still have to purchase the game: http://www.guildwars.com/faq/default.html

Comment

I think Anarchy Online is offering a year free trial, or its totaly free, then their is also Guildwars, not really a MMORPG, but it is fun!

Comment

anrchy? i google that right now. and plus ik not really keeen on buying guildwars when im trying to gather up all me money onw in canada (on holiday) so that VG+ can be raided

Comment

Yeah they need the monthly subscription for online Rpg's to run the massive server's and also to keep the development team's on the game creating new content and fixing all the bug's and hack's.The only non fee based online rpg that is recent I can think off is Homeland for the Nintendo gamecuube but that is only out in japan and is all in japanese.

I used to play Star Wars Galaxies alot and I thought that was quite good if you liked Star wars but it costs quite a bit a year.

Comment

another MMORPG looking good (not free by any means) is Auto Assault (www.autoassault.com), but it's not out until Sept 05 I believe.

Comment

http://gunzonline.com/ might be worth a look if you don't mind an open Beta. Seen a mate playing it and it looks quite decent if a little weird!

Comment

Runescape is free, but it's very basic.

I played it for a little while, but got bored of people asking me for stuff, and the graphics suck quite a bit (but apparently they've done it up since I stopped playing).

Comment

just pay for wow and become a crack whore like me

its the best few quid i spend each month

Comment

I've been playing Gunz for about a week now and although it's a bit basic and really just a upgraded FPS it's enjoyable and best of all free. Good graphics though. Thanks for the link Segages.

My daughter (11) has been playing Runescape for months now with quite a few of her friends, again basic and poorish graphics but she enoys it.

Comment

SOE's Planetside has just started a year long free trial (Planetside Reserves):

Demo players will be able to download the PlanetSide Reserves demo and will be able to play for free through Battle Rank 6. Once they reach BR 6, they will be able to continue to play the game, but will not accumulate additional experience points unless and until they upgrade to a paying account.
                        I haven't played this since beta/early retail, it was ok when it wasn't crashing constantly, the battles did get quite epic though. Client is 2Gb, currently downloading at a staggering 28KB/sec (will have to try later I guess).

Comment

Working...
                        X