Dropping the ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropping the ball

So the new patch is out and its worse than the previous version. Loads of people rolling back to version 1.0 [including EA!] as the server has a huge memory leak...

I dont know if its just me being lame, but everytime I log into my multiplayer account, it automaticaly takes me into a game rather than into the multiplayer browser. Only happened since 1.1 :|

Comment

Mine did that too before, logging me into the last server I played on. Haven't tried it since the patch, so I don't know if it's still there...

Comment

Naargh.

This is such a great game, but EA are so desperate to **** up everything. So frustrating.

Comment

And you're surprised?

Comment

I've no problems now at all, especially with ASE joining working.

Comment

Erm could this explain the reason it was so bloddy laggy last night.

Comment

<generic EA bashing>

Comment

First off, a HUGE thanks to all of you who emailed me in regards to the memory leak found in the update we released earlier this week (v1.01). Your emails found their way to our production team and they're in the process of evaluating what needs to be done in order to get this fixed. In the meantime, and since the 1.01 update is causing memory leakage on some systems, we recommend that you reinstall the game and NOT the v1.01 update we released earlier this week. Reinstalling Battlefield 2 will not affect your in-game medals or ranked server statistics. EA and DICE are committed to getting a fix for v1.01 as soon as we possibly can and will continue to keep you informed through this web space in the coming days.

Comment

Originally posted by wush
                    <generic EA bashing>

Well, they're asking for it aren't they? Heh.

I've got a copy waiting for me when I get home from the US - not sure if I can be arsed if it's not actually working properly :/

Comment

Not really, I think the blame for coding a dodgy patch lies with the developer (DICE) rather than EA the publisher, you won't see many people bad mouthing them though.

People taking swipes at EA (and Microsoft while we're at it) all the time just because it's the cool thing to do is very tiresome.

Comment

I honestly cba to uninstall just to roll, back, wish I read up before patching :|

Comment

Originally posted by wush
                          Not really, I think the blame for coding a dodgy patch lies with the developer (DICE) rather than EA the publisher, you won't see many people bad mouthing them though.

People taking swipes at EA (and Microsoft while we're at it) all the time just because it's the cool thing to do is very tiresome.
                          Well, yeah - but never underestimate EA's ability to rush out unfinished / untested code. :/

And no I'm not just saying that to be 'cool'.. after all, it has to pass through EA's QA before it hits the web.
                          Last edited by Lyrical Donut; 09-07-2005, 15:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanza
                            I honestly cba to uninstall just to roll, back, wish I read up before patching :|
                            Same here mate, i was getting pissed off last night with getting dropped and the like and i really cant be arsed to do all of that for it. I'll probably wait until they release a patch that actually does some good.

Comment

no DICE produced the patch, EA QA'ed the patch and missed this glaring obvious one...

Comment

Working...
                              X