• Show
Clear All

So: 156289

Comment

Ch City: 249232

Comment

Nice vid David

I'll try to give some advice:

1) You missed a few of the bigger enemies near the start. Make sure you take them out.

2) You dodged around the last of the huge spinning ships. I always use a bomb on that one.

3) The enemies that leave a trail behind them can provide a decent amount of points. Try to shoot as many of the spinning things as you can and collect all the coins they drop.

4) Get used to tapping the fire button as and when you need to (e.g. a short blast for each enemy in a wave), rather than just holding the button down. Should help improve your valor bonus.

Hope that helps a bit

Edit: 5) Update that leaderboard quick while I'm still number one on Mitsurin!
        Last edited by Vestan Pance; 17-08-2005, 21:57.

Comment

thanks Vestan, do normally tap fire button but was aware of the video camera and trying to keep the DS in focus/on screen etc, will try other bits out tonight, saw your number one on MJ well done, great score - don't suppose you know breakdown of valor etc ?

One improvememt from me since last update:

Sekihi Belt - 906,181 - first ever score over 900,000

Will update leaderboard when I get to work.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean about the video camera. I had a quick go at recording myself last night, but just couldn't keep the screen in view and play well at the same time, so I reckon you did pretty good considering

My score breakdown was something like this:

Initial Score: 503,000
            Wave Bonus: 10,000
            Valor Bonus: 38,000
            Ship Bonus: 9,000
            Bomb Bonus: 0

For ages I was getting scores of around 550,000, and it was really the valor that made the difference, as my usual valor score was around 30,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestan Pance
              My score breakdown was something like this:

Initial Score: 503,000
              Wave Bonus: 10,000
              Valor Bonus: 38,000
              Ship Bonus: 9,000
              Bomb Bonus: 0

For ages I was getting scores of around 550,000, and it was really the valor that made the difference, as my usual valor score was around 30,000.
              Ta, mine;

Score: 460,950
              Wave: 10,000
              Valor: 23,104
              Ship: 6,000 (I get bored destroying boss (as in above video) so suicide and use secondary homing weapon on new life to finish him off much quicker without any points loss )
              Bomb: 3,000
              Total: 503,054

It must be worth suiciding somewhere during the level, where an extra bomb could be used to gain more than 3,000 points - on the one not destroyed rotating big ship ?? trouble is it seems to take about 5 seconds to die and get your new life on screen.

PS. When you gonna move onto the other levels
              Last edited by VR46; 18-08-2005, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
                It must be worth suiciding somewhere during the level, where an extra bomb could be used to gain more than 3,000 points - on the one not destroyed rotating big ship ?? trouble is it seems to take about 5 seconds to die and get your new life on screen.
                I've tried this out in a few places, but always seem to come out with less points rather than more, so I don't bother anymore. Could be worth looking into it again though, as I don't think there's much else I can do to improve my score now.

PS. When you gonna move onto the other levels

I've had a quick blast through the other levels, but only got average scores so far. My original plan was to work slowly and methodically though them, not moving on until I was at least in the top three for the current level, although considering how long I've spent on Mitsurin Jungle alone, I'm gonna have to put some serious time into the others if I want to get anywhere near the top of the championship.

Still, I've booked this afternoon off work, so I might find time to get working on Mokuzu Depths later
                Last edited by Vestan Pance; 18-08-2005, 09:41.

Comment

No time to capture a better video last night but did improve my MJ score to 515,904, getting all coins, 9,000 life bonus and 22,000ish valor, only missing out on a couple of enemies (which I can?t seem to destroy without missing a wave) so am giving up on MJ for now.

Will capture few video?s (of different stages) over next week or so though and post links when uploaded.

Struggling to improve any stage scores at moment, so one more serious go on each stage then I?ll probably be moving onto another game ? still pleased with being ranked 28th out of over 800 entrants.

Stage 4 (Hibashira Plains) is one level I am determined to improve though, knowing 1.2 million is possible and I can only get 828k (upto 52x500) is really niggling me.

Comment

Which enemies are you missing?

There's a couple of guys snapping at my heels on Mitsurin now, but I'd like to get some decent scores on the other stages before going back to that one again. I didn't get round to playing at all yesterday though, and by the looks of it, won't get much chance at the weekend either

Comment

Mitsurin Jungle: 334,591

Comment

Originally posted by Vestan Pance
                        Which enemies are you missing?
                        thanks, will look at the video I uploaded and point them out clearly tonight/tomorrow.

Comment

Struggling to improve any stage scores at moment, so one more serious go on each stage then I'll probably be moving onto another game - still pleased with being ranked 28th out of over 800 entrants.
                          I think I've had enough as well. It's been fun, but it seems my sudden competitive streak has vanished. I've been knocked off the top spot for Mitsurin, and I don't exactly relish the thought of fighting to get it back again, nor do I want to spend hours on the other stages to get anywhere near the top.

I'll probably hang on to the game though, and work through some of the challenges

Comment

not touched a challenge myself, but will not sell the game, still "pop back" to it's 2 year old predecessor Iridion 2 now and again. (www.iridion2.com). It's been great fun and sure I'll be playing it again before the end of the week ,,,,,

As for taking lots of time to get good scores, Madvin got upto 4.6 million within 48 hours of release (unless he got it early)

Comment

What's the little mountain symbol button do? It brings up a bunch of grey squares that don't do anything for me.

Comment

Charles it takes you to the picture gallery (pics unlocked by comleting chalenges).

Anyway been playing again, will power of a slug me

Stage 8 Zenshsoh Station: 220,465
                                Stage 3 Sunahara Desert: 715,272

Thought I'd have a quick black (turned out to be 50 mins) late last night and improved Stage 3 score by over 88,000 points, when thought I'd reached my limits on most levels, my interest in this game has just shot right back up

Comment

Working...
                                X