Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Phantasy star (xbox)

Ok used to play this on the DC, great game

I just got the xbox version (pal) today second hand. When I try to sign up for a license however it prompts me to download an update (as normal for new games) however when it goes to try to download the update, it says "Xbox Live not responding try again later" There are no connection problems I have been happily playing all my other games online, but PSO seems to not work, I was thinking it might be maintenance?
    Last edited by decktotty; 15-09-2005, 18:44.

Could be, PSO usually has maintenance to upload new quests etc to servers. They usually last around 4 hours. If by tomorrow it's not up, then it's something else wrong!

Comment

Whoa now I'm really pissed off!

Another guy on my freinds list is playing phantasy star online and I still can't get the friggen update that will let me play online!!!!!

Comment

Weird - I was gonna say they've proably decommissioned the servers by now - People are still playing ? I may have to pick up a copy.

Comment

heh, yes, they are still playing, although to be honest, if it's PSO you want, I suggest an Xbox to PC pad converter, and PSO Blue Burst. Episode 4 is neato.
          Oh, and btw, the only servers that ever got shut off are the American DC ones. European and Japanese DC PSO servers are still running.

Back on topic, I have heard of people not being able to download updates before, however I do not know the problem. Good luck!

Comment

MEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!

Erm, is it possible to play PSO (PAL) on the Xbox without having to go online and thus creating an account? I don't have internet for the Xbox (can't be bothered), but want to play offline. I used to do it on the DC & GC...

Should I delete a certain file from the game so it doesn't check for the account?

Edit: found a patch on Eurasia, hopefully this'll get it fixed
            Last edited by Shinebi; 20-11-2007, 10:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinebi View Post
              MEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!

Erm, is it possible to play PSO (PAL) on the Xbox without having to go online and thus creating an account? I don't have internet for the Xbox (can't be bothered), but want to play offline. I used to do it on the DC & GC...

Should I delete a certain file from the game so it doesn't check for the account?

Edit: found a patch on Eurasia, hopefully this'll get it fixed
              If my memory serves me correctly (this is a mega bump lol), you have to have an Xbox Live account on your system, whether active or not. But you DO need an account on the system to be able to play it offline.

My advise would be to maybe take it to a friends who's got broadband, set up an account with a free trial just to get the Xbox Live account on your Xbox, then you can play it offline as much as you like at home.

Comment

Working...
              X