Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is PES4 so laggy and what can I do about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is PES4 so laggy and what can I do about it?

I know its a bit of a moot point with PES5 just round the corner, but what's the problem with PES4 on live? Played a few games over the last day or so and they've all been a nightmare. Oppo has run rings around me while my players seem to be running in treacle and there's a huuuuuuuuge delay from me pressing buttons to the players actually carrying out the moves.

Now this in itself is fair enough, I could just be having bad luck with who I choose to play against, but without a visible PING stat (or connection quality stat) beforehand, by the time you get into a match its too late to do anything about.

So frustrating and I really hope they fix it for PES5.

Are you talking XBox or PC version?

I've been in a PC league for 11 months now and lag is not a big issue for most of us. vWe do ensure that we turn off all net apps and also play with commentarty off and normally on the training ground stadium.

Comment

Sorry, its the Xbox version. Maybe the PC one is the way ahead for online play?

Comment

Xbox version is a bit of a hog when it comes to bandwidth. As already said, you need to make sure that all net apps (on both sides) are disabled not running. I've found that even having my PC switched on whilst trying to play pro evo 4 can cause slowdown.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
          Sorry, its the Xbox version. Maybe the PC one is the way ahead for online play?
          In my humble opinion the PC version of PES 4 knocks spots off all other versions.

Once you get online with it (there are some router issues) there is no truning back.

I know that Bleeders disagrees with me though

Comment

Answer: It's badly coded balls

Solution: Buy PES5 (probably) :/

What I have noticed is that the host has a massive, MASSIVE advantage lagwise, way more so than other games. I don't have that much of a latency problem, but on quite a few occasions I've desynced with the opponent leading to 10-0 scorelines both thinking we've won

Comment

Hmmm, so maybe PES5 on the PC is the way to go then?

You're right though, I've never seen lag give the oppo such an unfair advantage in any game before. Whoever you're playing must be thinking they're up against someone who is blind or at the least, the local village idiot who's never seen a console before. Very annoying.

Maybe i should change my Xbox order to the PC version and get a dualshock adapter????
              Last edited by ascender; 15-10-2005, 21:42.

Comment

PC version ?17.99 and PS2 USB adapter is ?6.99.

Both from Play.com

Comment

Thanks Mr Ono, I'll go and buy them just now.

Comment

The Xbox version uses a host-client system, so all the lag is on the challengers side, the host has no lag at all. Bandwidth isn't going to make much difference at all, it's latency that matters, but there's not much you can do about it.

Comment

Play with mates and always swap host/client i.e like playing a home then an away game.

Works for me but yes - it's piss poor.

PES5 details have been awful quiet - anybody know ANYTHING about the live component this time around ? I heard murmurings of 4 player matches.

Comment

Working...
                      X