Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Pro Evo 5 Knockout Championship (XBox)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NTSC-UK Pro Evo 5 Knockout Championship (XBox)

Okie dokie fellas, anyone wanting to partake in this on Sunday, drop your forum name, gamertag and chosen team in the thread. ^^

If anyone else can think of any other amendments to the rules, feel free to speak up!

NTSC-UK Knockout Championship

Date - Sunday 6th November 2005
    Time - 2:00pm

Rules for NTSC-UK Knockout Championship
    • The following sides are forbidden from the competition; Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, Inter Milan, AC Milan, Juventus and Barcelona.

• Team selection is on purely a first-come/first-serve basis.

• Participants are to play 1 game against their opponent (player discretion whether both participants play friendly matches against each other before deciding on their "legitimate" game).

• All games will be 15 minutes followed by extra-time and penalties should the score after "90 minutes" of regular play be a draw.

• Player conditioning to be set to "Normal".

• Once the game has finished, the winner will be required to post the result in this thread, which is then to be confirmed by the opponent.

The Draw

Final

Goldbricker 1 versus 0 Mardigan8

The Players

Mardigan8 [Mardigan8] ** Deportivo La Coruna
    Bleeders [Bleeders] ** Lyon
    Widegoat [Widegoat] ** Liverpool
    Gerry Helmet [Gerry Helmet] ** Celtic
    Legendary [Legendary 10] ** Valencia
    Marmite [Marmite NTSC UK] ** Roma
    Goldbricker [goldbricker] ** Olympiacos
    Gradius [Gradius57300] ** Athletico Madrid
    Last edited by Bleeders; 11-11-2005, 08:04.

Teams

Why ban teams? I think you should be able to pick any team, the opposition can always pick a strong team to balance proceedings.

Too draconian if you ask me. Not that you were, but ...

Comment

I want to take part. Gamertag Widegoat, if you relax the rules I'll be Arsenal, if not I'll be Liverpool! How is it that we only play one game?

Comment

Well, if everyone else wants the big-hitters re-instated, fair enough. In my experience, I've always thought the better games were the ones when the less-exceptional sides were on display, since they usually only maybe have 1 or 2 influential players in their ranks, making it an intriguing tussle.

I'm easy whatever way the majority decide to swing though!

We could do it over a course of 2 games (Home/Away legs), but since the game now alternates the host at half-time, thought only one game would be enough?

Comment

Oh sorry. I'm talking at cross purposes. I was wondering how on earth we could have a knockout comp, playing only one game! I'm being an idiot. Clearly you mean one game to decide who progresses. Sorry. Jesus - I must be going senile. Will you announce the final decision on the rules before Sunday then?

Comment

No problem fella, yes, final rules will be decided by Sunday.

Comment

Awesome! Looking forward to this!

Comment

The big teams are exluded as it makies it more interesting. If not we would have 6 Inter milans, 3 Chelseas and a Real Madrid or something.

I vote for there only being one of each club in the tournament, so the 3 choson so far are gone... that a bit much.

Also, go for 15 minute games?? Make them more interesting and plenty of team to feel each other out since it is an important game cant ****ing wait!!
                Last edited by Mardigan8; 03-11-2005, 14:19.

Comment

Id like to play as well. Not sure on my team yet though - will get back to you before sunday!

Off Topic: Also, i may need to figure out a way of splitting the broadband connection so that we can have the internet on at the same time as me caning Pro Evo Live. Can i do this cheaply and easily, and more importantly, will it feck my connection if i have two things running at once? Im sure i need a router or something, but not sure where to start.

Comment

I like the idea of a 15 minute game myself, I must admit.

Marmite - you can use a router, yes - are you on ADSL Broadband or Blueyonder Broadband?

Comment

I think keeping the teams to the non uber teams in a good idea, then everyone can pick one team and stick with them. Makes it more UEFA cup like and stops a the cup being Inter/AC Vs Real/Chelsea

Comment

Blueyonder.

Comment

Ah brilliant, even better. I'm on BY and I'm using a Netgear router I grabbed off EBay for about ?30, lets me use the connection solely for LIVE.

However, as long as you switch off MSN etc. on your PC, connection should be fine mate. I've been playing various players on 2Mb connections and the lag has been minimal.

Comment

I cant ****ing wait to get this on gonna spend tonight and tomorrow getting Deportivo firing on all cylinders!!

Need a minimum of 8 to make it really interesting so everyone get their details down and team entered.

Only one person can go a specific team?? Is that a flyer??

Comment

I will be about from tomorrow evening and most of the weekend giving my Lyon outfit a bit of a run-out.

Comment

Working...
                              X