Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Pacman Plug 'n' Play

hi guys,

I have the namco plug n play pacman (with other games on it also) and am totally addicted re-living days of table top gaming!!!

anyways my bf scores about 70,000 and gets really frustrated that my highest score is 157,000 and he cant get even close! The level I can get up to is the 5th set of the key where the ghosts do not change colour when u pop a pill!

On level 1 i can also score 14800 which I thought was the highest (all ghosts, all 2 fruit) however last night my bf got 15,000 by leaving 2 pips and running around until more fruit appeared (good idea, y me not think of thatft: ) any how I did not see him do it .

What I want to know is what is your highest score? or highest score on first level? do you know how many levels there are? and is it just keys? is there an end or max score you can get? like i heard it was 1 mil???? anything really Im really interested!

Also anyone noticed the glitches? like when u walk thru a ghost ! has anyone worked out how exactly they work and uses them to get out of a sticky situation? any tips to improve my score???

please note this is only about pacman on the namco plug n play machine!

If ur score beats mine take a pic and post, would love to see!! next time i get 157,000 or close i will pic and post

I haven't played the Namco plug and play Pacman - but the arcade crashes at the turn of level 256 (see link). The reason I post this is because last year my girlfriend bought me the Taito Space Invaders tv plug n play game, which also included Qix - one of my favourite old school games. But none of the strategies for trapping the sparks worked - so it was virtually impossible to get off the second level.

I wondered if you'd noticed any significant differences between the arcade and the plug n play machine - I'd hoped that the Taito one was an emu of sorts, but it clearly wasn't.

http://www.ggdb.com/GGDB/Details.asp?VID=2009

EDIT: Just found this great resource that might help! http://www.mameworld.net/pacman/PacGuide.pdf
    Last edited by Widegoat; 18-11-2005, 09:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Widegoat
      I haven't played the Namco plug and play Pacman - but the arcade crashes at the turn of level 256 (see link). The reason I post this is because last year my girlfriend bought me the Taito Space Invaders tv plug n play game, which also included Qix - one of my favourite old school games. But none of the strategies for trapping the sparks worked - so it was virtually impossible to get off the second level.

I wondered if you'd noticed any significant differences between the arcade and the plug n play machine - I'd hoped that the Taito one was an emu of sorts, but it clearly wasn't.

http://www.ggdb.com/GGDB/Details.asp?VID=2009

EDIT: Just found this great resource that might help! http://www.mameworld.net/pacman/PacGuide.pdf
      i had a look at the second link and was quite excited, learning there are 255 levels and then it jams and the highest score is in the region of 3,333,300, there was also neat ticks and patterns to try, however,.......

..... once again this is for an emulated PC version or indeed the original arcade machine. not the plug n plaay. i have myself found alot of similar stuff for pac man but none of it works on the plug n play eg the secret hiding place or the patterns.

i have some excellent patterns and techniques which i think each individual needs to master there own in order to be success full, but mine only get me to level 18! or 5th key.

knowing escape routes, predicting ghost behaviour (easy up to 5th key) helps.

I wanna get to level 255 if this is the highest for the plg n play. It is def different from other platforms, so perhaps the programming has been slightly altered?

ANY info would love to hear!!!

thanks widegoat for ur interest and links!! omg that first link...the big pacman arcade machine wouldnt mind that as an xmas pressie

Comment

Working...
      X