No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XI 360 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fal we really need to get some BCNM runs in. Im gettin skint now because im keeping my armor sets for BCNM.

Also is our LS getting Rank 4 clocked this weekend, if so what time because i wanna make sure im online. That airpass and 10k will help so i can get my lvl 27 weapon.

I cant wait to start lvlin after lvl 30 as I have always got there and then changed to another job. Drk Night all the way for me this time. Although I do like the look of Ninja but there is loads of them about.

You made a good choice with Paladin because there is hardley any on our server.

Comment

We'll all have Rank 5 come saturday.

I need to get some items from more BCNM/NM drops. I need 80k for waist (warriors belt+1), back and neck(holy phial) alone. I wouldn't mind a new ring either. And that's not counting the x2 Dodge Earrings I want that I hope will drop from a couple of oozes.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
        We'll all have Rank 5 come saturday.

I need to get some items from more BCNM/NM drops. I need 80k for waist (warriors belt+1), back and neck(holy phial) alone. I wouldn't mind a new ring either. And that's not counting the x2 Dodge Earrings I want that I hope will drop from a couple of oozes.
        geek.

Comment

Bad innit.

Now that I'm at lvl.37 there are only around 30 or so other players that play at the same time of day as myself.....

...And there are some right turds!! I know the lot of them nearly. I called a Summoner 'Chief' before (as I call everyone, even IRL) then he got right uppety and threw his toys out the pram at me infront of the other party members, I wasn't standing for that so I just got up, waved to the party excluding him and then did one.

LOL. Try and survive in Garlaige Citadel with no defender, you minging little ****.

I'm always in demand elsewhere.

Last night our leader THF had a benny at one of the WARs for not standing inline for SATA. He wouldn't shut up after around 10mins so I told him if he didn't STFU pronto I'd leave, eventhough it wasn't even aimed at me. Why do some people think they're 'better' than others at this game? None of it requires any skill at all.

Then I had some complete BITCH argue with me about DRG being the strongest job in the game. I just give up.

I think it's time I did one to somewhere reclusive away from the internet and TV. I hate other people more than anything at times, and I can't be doing with my games being plagued by other presences - it's bad enough walking down the street.

Comment

Wow, you sound like me! I got so much anger in me from the bossy c*&ts compensating for their lack of a real life that you encounter in FFXI that I blew some kind of fuse in my brain.

I walked away from one party after refusing to use Aero (1) on garlaige citadel bats as I was being ordered to do. This twat insisted I had to use the 'correct' element despite the damage evidence. As I was walking away I was getting all the usual "let's see.. you're rank 4, level 33... my highest job is level 72 n00b". That says it all really.
            Last edited by Darwock; 03-03-2006, 15:38.

Comment

Yes this eliteness spreads to the 360 fast dammit, I just enjoy myself & help all I can. Thing is I was so frustrate when I started at teh lack of direction or hints coupled with the general rudeness of l33t players I nearly cried and gave up! if they can jsut use the cheetoh dusted fingers to be a nicer community then maybe it would help. Bastock I found to be the worst people have said similar too.

BTW trying to drop an empress band to skip the wait time is a bad idea

Comment

Jesus...

Fired up FFXI for the first time in a month (been busy on other stuff), just wanted a quick mess to get back into the feel of things...

First the PlayOnline update... no biggie, took a few mins.
                Then the actual FFXI updare.... 949 files! Took 10 minutes to 'prepare' them, another 20+ mins to download them (it's still going as a type this! Not even started installing yet!).

That's what happens when you take a break on this game
                Last edited by sj33; 06-03-2006, 06:24.

Comment

LVL.39

Thunder Spirit Pact found on BCNM-20 'Wings of Fury'. Should sell for 60k...

The two BSTs that helped me want some gil out of it too however. How much should I give them?

Got myself a Sphene Ring (Vit+2) and Ram Mantle (DEF:5) at last. Now all I need is a Warriors Belt +1 and Holy Phial. Also need 2 earrings at 60k, not including Grudge Sword and new Shield (Heater Shield).

Also need to find cash to upgrade my armour from Eisen to Kampf still. I'm hoping full Kampf + Iron Musketeers Armet will last me until lvl.50.

Paladin is ultra expensive. I even have another character started to level to around 15 in order to raise gil (+craft skill) from scrappy drops + crystals.

--------------------

Anyone at any AHs in Hydra? I need a Warriors Belt+1 pricing up.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                    Paladin is ultra expensive. I even have another character started to level to around 15 in order to raise gil (+craft skill) from scrappy drops + crystals.

Sorry man, I shouldn't laugh as I bet it seems expensive right now but in all honesty, PLD is one of the cheapest jobs out there.

Comment

Does anyone have any news on this or know where it may show up concerning wether or not we get to keep Characters, a GM I spoke to didn't sound hopeful tbh. I think as much as people worship square they dont give a crap about you. Sounds like sony.....

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
                        Does anyone have any news on this or know where it may show up concerning wether or not we get to keep Characters, a GM I spoke to didn't sound hopeful tbh. I think as much as people worship square they dont give a crap about you. Sounds like sony.....
                        Taken from IGN.

Good news for Beta testers: Square said it is working on helping players transfer their characters from the Beta version to the retail version. There has been no official announcement, but a Square representative said it will "most likely happen."
                        http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/695/695176p3.html

Comment

Google Translation of the FF fan festival.

seems to be that we are going to get to keep them.

Comment

A little more of a update, I decided to have a go with the online chat room technical support to see what they would say.....

FFXI TSR Brendan: You are asking about the XBox version?
                            Darren Tickle: yes thats correct
                            FFXI TSR Brendan: What is your question?
                            Darren Tickle: i read on the Jp Final fantasy fan festival site that we are going to get to keep our characters is this correct as the translation isnt great
                            FFXI TSR Brendan: Yes, it has been confirmed that this will be possible.
                            Darren Tickle: thats fantastic, does this mean that Hydra will stay open or will be be moved to a retail server
                            Darren Tickle: i take it will will have to buy a retail copy of the game
                            FFXI TSR Brendan: We do not have that information at this time. All they announced was that it would be possible to convert the beta accounts. They will announce more information on www.PlayOnline.com when they have more information.

Comment

Looks like I will eat my words now :P hehe I hope I can transfer my character to the PC version I just bought and still get about months play from the beta

ty btw for that info

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle
                                A little more of a update, I decided to have a go with the online chat room technical support to see what they would say.....

FFXI TSR Brendan: You are asking about the XBox version?
                                Darren Tickle: yes thats correct
                                FFXI TSR Brendan: What is your question?
                                Darren Tickle: i read on the Jp Final fantasy fan festival site that we are going to get to keep our characters is this correct as the translation isnt great
                                FFXI TSR Brendan: Yes, it has been confirmed that this will be possible.
                                Darren Tickle: thats fantastic, does this mean that Hydra will stay open or will be be moved to a retail server
                                Darren Tickle: i take it will will have to buy a retail copy of the game
                                FFXI TSR Brendan: We do not have that information at this time. All they announced was that it would be possible to convert the beta accounts. They will announce more information on www.PlayOnline.com when they have more information.
                                I dont know where you found that chat room tickle but all I see in the menu is not repeatable here
                                I'd like to get to the support room as I'd love to know if these characters will be able to move to the other 2 formats, namely PC for me as mines just arrived and I'd rather not waste time on the beta if I will lose my character

Comment

Working...
                                X