X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
    Some magic games of this yesterday with (among others) :

S1NGHO, Silvergun X and Hazuki X

A few absolutely boss sessions throught the day ending about 1am - great games lads - really, really enjoyed them.

Oh - not much lag either even when the lobby was up to 7/8 !!

Re the lag I find that you know as soon as you're on the character select screen whether it's gonna be nasty or not by the responsiveness of your character select box !!!
    You and me sir, we need to do a tag team.

I've been experimenting with 2 vs 2 tag team matches today, and they're proper good.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet
      I love it, it's the only stick I have ever owned so I do not not what to compare it too though.
      Awesome! Is the box nice? And its officially licenced by Microsoft isn't it?

Also, is it wireless? If so that's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
        You and me sir, we need to do a tag team.

I've been experimenting with 2 vs 2 tag team matches today, and they're proper good.
        Ya Silvergun am deffo up for that - Played a few before but they were spoiled by peeps with crap connections - Plus it actually justifies the lobby system somewhat - Funny how it doesn't tell you anywhere about that (i.e manual)

Comment

Apparently there's a patch coming out Mid-February - I dunno what it's for I'm hoping that being from Itagaki it will simply measure your up/download speeds and refuse to let you play online if they're not good enough

Comment

I hope we don't get to the point where developers rush their games out early because they think they can just fix any bugs later on with a patch. I'm all in favour of patches that give us lovely new features to play with though

Comment

well the lag is terrible today, first day I buy a game and am truly disappointed with the online side of it, RR6 has intermittant faults but this crashed 3 times and was playing in a lobby with Friction and it was bloody terrible jerk-a-mation.
              Is it always this bad?

Comment

I'd say I've had more non-laggy games than laggy games. Usually it just takes one person with a slow connection to enter a lobby and it slows everyone else down. As long as everyone in the lobby have reasonably fast connections, you should get a lag free game.

Comment

It had it's moments where it speed up a bit, but it never lasted too long sadly.

Still great fun and I am sure would be even better when they fix the lag issues!

Comment

I'm afraid the lag issues are down to peoples connections not the software (or at least not to the extent people seem to think)

Itagaki has previously stated that the code is utterly optimised but that he can do nothing about current broadband infrastructures - I bet you won't hear many people in the US or Japan complaining about the lag !!!

Still - I gotta say I've had WAY more lag free games than laggy ones - If you think DOA4 is bad you obviously never experienced Ultimate on the xbox1 !!!!

Comment

Had a few fantastic games against Silvergun and Mardigan tonight! Both taught me a few things!

Comment

Agreed, absolutely superb games.

Helped me perfect my Anti-Brad Wong tactics aswell!

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                          I'm afraid the lag issues are down to peoples connections not the software (or at least not to the extent people seem to think)

Itagaki has previously stated that the code is utterly optimised but that he can do nothing about current broadband infrastructures - I bet you won't hear many people in the US or Japan complaining about the lag !!!

Still - I gotta say I've had WAY more lag free games than laggy ones - If you think DOA4 is bad you obviously never experienced Ultimate on the xbox1 !!!!
                          Interesting stuff!

I have a 2 meg connection (admittedly piped to my room via router and switch) but this is fine for all my downloading, browsing and every other game bar DOA4 I play online?! How would I test to see if it's my connection or someone elses?

When playing earlier it had it's moments where it picked up and was ok.

I'd love to have lag free all the time!

Comment

The only way I think you can really tell, is if you're having a lag free game, and then somebody else enters the lobby and it slows down. Then you know it's them

Comment

I apologiuse for my permanent Bullet time lag

Comment

Doh makes perfect sense when you say that.

I should try hosting tomorrow and see what happens!

Comment

Working...
                                X