No announcement yet.

Dead or Alive 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wouldn't be able to tell me how to do this would you?

I'm not sure if it'll help as I don't notice bad lag problems most of the time but I guess it's worth a try.

Comment

I find it incredible how many people complain about the lag then happen to mention they've got x,y,z downloading on their PC in the background (probably torrents to boot so their upload it being obliterated) - Almost as bad as the PAL-50 monkeys !

Comment

What the **** does Unofficial match mean?? I got it every time I beat HumanEnergy tonight in the points window instead of getting my points, BUT 2 times he beat me it gave him my points, but wouldn't let me win them back... anyone shed any light on this ****ing mess?? Was absolutely raging!!

Comment

Originally posted by Diggler
          Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but many peeps (me included) have fixed our lag by giving our machine's a static IP, then putting that IP in our router's DMZ.

Makes Ridge Racer hella smooth too.
          I would recommend this to everyone. Most routers support uPnP or manual port forwarding but I've found with both my Netgear and Belkin brands (Ive recently upgraded for VOIP) that even when the Xbox360 dash reports your NAT as open it isnt always the case.

Putting your 360 IP address as a DMZ solved it for me and now its perfect.

Comment

How do you find out your 360 IP address mate?

Comment

You can actually set the IP manually in the network settings. Just need to make sure it doesn't clash with anything else. I think when it does the wizard it shows you the IP, so try going to wherever the check network settings thing is.

Discovered that you need a crapload of points to get to A-. Screw it, I cba, B+ it is then. Though I did have some hilarious games with two random A- types last night. I was B- at time, they go "Meh, only a B". Cue Leon, cue 2000 points from two matches. Needless to say they started using the cheap tactics to preserve their points from then on (excessively teleporting Hayate for sir?). Still, least I swtiched characters all the time. Bass unfortunately didn't get a win, but I managed to win with Bayman, get a great with the Spartan, then switched to quicker peeps which threw the peeps old tactics out the window.

To sum up: I RULE

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                What the **** does Unofficial match mean?? I got it every time I beat HumanEnergy tonight in the points window instead of getting my points, BUT 2 times he beat me it gave him my points, but wouldn't let me win them back... anyone shed any light on this ****ing mess?? Was absolutely raging!!
                I'd like to know too, because at my end everything seemed normal and I didn't get any "unofficial match" messages at all. Trust something like that to happen when I actually manage to win a couple of matches! I've emailed Microsoft's Xbox 360 Live support, so hopefully they can shed some light on it, cos if it keeps happening nobody is gonna want to play me!!!
                Last edited by EJG1980; 02-02-2006, 08:07.

Comment

So this IP addy thing then...will it help people who are just wiring their 360s to their PC, rather than using a router and an adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
                    So this IP addy thing then...will it help people who are just wiring their 360s to their PC, rather than using a router and an adapter?
                    You can set the IP manually even if you're using a router. You just have to log into your router and turn off the DHCP function (which is the service that hands out IP addresses to all the devices that connect to the router).

Once you turn off DHCP in the router, you then have to manually enter the IP address in all the devices that connect to the router, like your PC, Xbox 360, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy
                      I'd like to know too, because at my end everything seemed normal and I didn't get any "unofficial match" messages at all. Trust something like that to happen when I actually manage to win a couple of matches! I've emailed Microsoft's Xbox 360 Live support, so hopefully they can shed some light on it, cos if it keeps happening nobody is gonna want to play me!!!
                      dont you worry mate, you got the points when you won but for some reason I couldn't get any back when I won.

Glad to pull tou back from that E- you were sitting on mate... sadly I would have probably put you back down there if I had got the points for my wins but that Unofficial match kept appearing, was not a happy fighter.

Still up for games with ya matey, could try it again tonight see if it sorted?

Comment

Originally posted by HumanEnergy
                        You can set the IP manually even if you're using a router. You just have to log into your router and turn off the DHCP function (which is the service that hands out IP addresses to all the devices that connect to the router).

Once you turn off DHCP in the router, you then have to manually enter the IP address in all the devices that connect to the router, like your PC, Xbox 360, etc..
                        Sorry mate, I meant if you're not using a router. I'm just using an ethernet cable and plugging it straight into my PC...so can I enjoy some freedom from the lag too?

Comment

I'll be about tonight chaps for challenges.

Comment

I will be too, but I'll not be on form because I've not touched DoA for about a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
                              Sorry mate, I meant if you're not using a router. I'm just using an ethernet cable and plugging it straight into my PC...so can I enjoy some freedom from the lag too?
                              Crap, how did I read that so wrong??? Going mad in my old age

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                              dont you worry mate, you got the points when you won but for some reason I couldn't get any back when I won.

Glad to pull tou back from that E- you were sitting on mate... sadly I would have probably put you back down there if I had got the points for my wins but that Unofficial match kept appearing, was not a happy fighter.

Still up for games with ya matey, could try it again tonight see if it sorted
                              I should be on this evening at various times, so we should get a chance to test it. Lemme know right away if it does the same thing again though, if I get my arse kicked I want people to get the points they deserve

Comment

I will be sacking off my class to day as soon as I get in, pulled a muscle in my back and feel like crap. Why can't I be as hard as the fighters in this game?
                                Anyway, need to upgrade my skills, gonna have to start playing with more than one character as well after I got a TON of abuse for winning a lot with Jan Lee and then getting whipped as soon as I changed.
                                Practice required, hopefully see you all soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X