No announcement yet.

Dead or Alive 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tournament Sign up Here : http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread...850#post707850

Comment

Don't fight with Mardigan...he's a bloody menace!

Comment

Apologies for that game I ended up hosting earleir with the fight like a series of screen shots, that was some awful lag. Seems to be when I am the winner it just grinds to a halt in a busy lobby... rubbish!! Will need to get on the phone to NTL tomorrow and get it sorted cause am not letting this spoil the game for me.

Got some great games earlier against Keith and Bleeders, some nice stuff. My Hyabusa is getting there as the boys will testify but still needs a bit of work to reach the big time, hehe.

Got a couple against Yoshimax aswell and they ran superb with me in charge but think it was cause it was just the 2 of us... finished 2-1 to me in battles and got some great fights.

I disconnected from that game because it was making it **** for you boys, sorry if it caused any firther problems guess will just have to restrict it to 3 in a lobby when I am in charge for now. Should be on later for some if lads still around... Hyabusa wants more blood

Comment

thats why I disconnected sadly

Comment

No worries at all Mardigan; it ran pretty smoothly afterwards with just me, Godzooki, Spatial and PerfectSmith. Smoothly, that is, until I tried to invite someone else just before starting a match, and then had the Xbox Guide thing freeze on me. I could still see the fight, but I couldn't move, giving Spatial the easiest win anyone's ever had, ever.

Hope you get your connection sorted though; it's a twat that you can't join in bigger games. Although going by the matches I played with you earlier, I don't want to be fighting you at full speed anytime soon.

Mike: Yeah, figured that the screenshot-a-thon put you off. You probably wouldn't believe it but it was nowhere near as bad either before, or after that fight.
            Last edited by Keith; 11-01-2006, 21:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
              Smoothly, that is, until I tried to invite someone else just before starting a match, and then had the Xbox Guide thing freeze on me. I could still see the fight, but I couldn't move, giving Spatial the easiest win anyone's ever had, ever.
              Cheers mate, I owe you one

: pats his hard drive holding the fight replay :

And it got me my 10 wins achievement as well. When it said Achievement Unlocked at the end of the fight I almost wet myself laughing

Actually I'm going to have to make the most of it as I'm never, ever going to have the announcer tell me I'm the `greatest` again unless something similar happens.

If it's any consolation, your voice message afterwards crashed my system in some kind of revenge attack

Comment

Actually, that game where I hosted in you boys lobby was the only one I had last night that fell on its arse. Later I set-up a cracking little lobby with MrDark and PerfectSmith and we played winner stays on for about an hour... was absolute class.

I didnt have my headset on so couldn't taunt them as we played Had some fantastic games though. One I had with Mr Dark I think it was with his Nina nailing me with every reversal in the book, made me look like so silly and was lovely "Perfect" for him, you got some sweet characters man, your Nina was solid.

Smith you got some tasty fighteers aswell and as for the first win you got with me teleporting behind you only to be finihsed by a low kick... I was ragin till I heard you both laughin at it deserved it for my dissappearing acts, hehe.

Think the fight record finished...

Perfect Smith - 11 fights 7 wins for me
                MrDark - 34 fights 22 wins for me

or something like that... the stat tracking in this game is fantastic.

Gonna work a bit on Hyabusas reversals as its the only thing am really missing from his arsenal.

Wont be joining any of the bigger lobbies till get connection sorted but thankfully our late session last night re-assured me I can still play you boys with it running normal, just need smaller lobby

And Keith, the first fights we had ran ok did they not?

Looking forward to some more tonight. Christie is getting proper unleashed tonight aswell after last nights warm up session, hehe.

Also got my 50 online wins acheivment, well happy with that one.
                Last edited by Mardigan8; 12-01-2006, 08:11.

Comment

Oh aye, the fights we had earlier on were spot on. But I was well and truly own'd, which is what I meant when I said I didn't want to fight you again.

Only kidding though; looking forward to many more fights in the future.

Comment

Honestly, last night that one game where the lobby was busy was the only one I had with lag... until a random yank slowed things down in my lobby later but that soon got sorted after I stripped his B+ ass of some points

Gonna try get on for some more tonight. Most likely will be another late sessions set-up for anyone who is still about.

I got a few beatings myself later on once the boys started to suss the Hyabusa teleports moves a bit. Thats the thing, a decent player will play a you a couple of times and maybe get beat but over the piece it will even out as they adapt to how you fight I know I did it fighting Mr Dark with his superb low counters from my rising attacks. I ended up just getting up normal without attacking to ensure I didnt get countered tricky boy that one, he got the reversals tuned up nicely.

Started mixing things up with Christie a bit later and she proved as lethal as I thought she was gonna be... she compliments Hyabusa and his teleport manouvres nicely... she is just in your face from start to finish!!

Finished the night with some good Random character matches with MrDark and they were quite good aswell.

I cant find a fault with this game when it is running as it should... I will be whoring this for weeks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                      Smith you got some tasty fighteers aswell and as for the first win you got with me teleporting behind you only to be finihsed by a low kick... I was ragin till I heard you both laughin at it deserved it for my dissappearing acts, hehe.
                      Mate your Ryu is nasty I fear him as much as Keith's Zackage, I was aiming to get some practice in with Christie last night, but you were owning us so badly I was getting fed up That first win with Hayate was just pure luck on my side. Normally when you teleport behind it fouls up my attacks, but that time it just so happened that a kick that probably would have been blocked caught you off guard. Did make us chuckle though

I'm just glad I finished on a straight C last night after having reached the lowly depths of D+ earlier on.

Highlights of the night were Spatial's greatest win against Keith (shame you can't send replays ) and the Ayame - Kokoro match where two peeps were playing tennis with the revolving door on that dojo level.

Gotta say, though, I don't fancy our chances of getting a tourny going with the amount of lag thats kicking about at the moment. I reckon 10 or more people in a lobby is going to cripple it Of course we'll have to give it a go to find out.

Can't get on tonight unfortunately, but I will be on Friday and most of the weekend.

Comment

Haha, the "tennis match" was me and Godzooki if I remember rightly. I'm glad that the "Greatest win" match was against Spatial though; it wouldn't have been at all funny if it was some random American.

Comment

Gamertag = fadedfilm

I see myself playing this a fair bit the next few days.

Anthony I sent you a friend request, anyone else who wants to add me go ahead. I'm a bit **** at this.

Comment

I actually just caught the "Tennis match" when I joined your lobby, was great... the hilarity you can have with that revolving door is great, back and forth, back and forth, like a slapstick set piece

I think the 10 in a lobby stuff will make it crawl but worth a try. Am finding a 3 or 4 man lobby much more of a success as the lag is pretty much non existent and you aint waiting about too long on a game.

Toward the end of our late session the wins were getting spread about pretty fairly. The teleport stuff is lethal but I started making the wrong decision with my teleoport move or stance changing at the wrong time and it cost me dearly... then MrDark decided he was going into super counter mode and was tossing me about like a ragdoll in a few matches. The ****er won a whole fight using counters only and I didnt get a hit... I had to bow at this feet for that one

Hopefully the lobbies will improve but if you get 3 or 4 decent players in a lobby am finding it much better and a good laugh.

I could hear you boys but didnt have the headset in... was chucklin away to myself at some points...

Favourite game was one with MrDark and he was at teh other end of the screen, saw me goingt to teleport stance and his Hayate started shaking trying to block, move and attack at the same time cause he knew what was coming, hehehe.

The enjoyment this game has brought me last night alone has been worth the cost, immense fun.

Will ensure headset is present in future for mid battle banter

Comment

Ack, looks like I won't be getting my stick until Monday now, rather than tomorrow! I was hoping to pose at least some sort of threat over the weekend too.

Ah well, practice is in order. I only just realised that you can look at your stats against other people you've played...was ashamed (but not suprised) to see my record against Mardigan being 8 matches, 0 wins.

Comment

I am very tempted to pick up the stick now too

Comment

Working...
                                X