No announcement yet.

Dead or Alive 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest the stat tracking is one of the best I have seen on live.

Viewing the record for every player you have ever played is great... also the number of leaderboards is insane... your individual rank, your connection rating, a record of the character success rate, its all there in abundance. Really good seeing your win ratio against each player though. How many 100% records will remain intact over the coming weeks, hehehe.

Tongiht will be bit quieter but wil be hitting this HARD over the weekend and hopefully pick up stick at the end of the month, cant wait to get the stick hooked up.

Comment

How many 100% records will remain intact over the coming weeks, hehehe.
      At least one won't, if I have any say in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
        At least one won't, if I have any say in it.
        Hehe, good stuff matey. Will be watching out for your vengance fuelled combos this weekend then

Even after all those games I played last night I still have hardly any points to spend in Zacks shop... there must be some other way of earning the points for spending in there as 2 hours of solid combat doesn't seem to have done much good.

Comment

I know what you mean, Zack points are practically impossible to stack up. Still, there's not really anything worth buying with them; my Piggie-in-a-top-hat is all I really want for the lobby.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the tournament winners will receive big zack dollars.

RE the lag - I'm sure ti's down to the two players at any given time. I'd be interested to see how it deals with a tag game as that's 4 of you all "connected" at one time.

They've built it to cope with 16 - I'm sure we could manage it if everybody was UK based and most had 2mb + connections.

Comment

I need to get rid of that little wanky Blue Ninja... need some kind of ludicrously dressed farm animal in there or that alien dude, he looked quite cool... why oh why did I not buy him first

To buy a new lobby will take around 500 games or something, it doesn't really make sense for it to just be online you get the points, especially if they are drip fed this slow.

Comment

Anyone in here got a rank higher than a rank B?

Want to play someone with a nice high rank so I can try and strip all there points from them, lol. Not gonna hide it... high rankers, get the **** out here and show yourselves

Actually the rank is bothering me less and less now... its all about the actual win / loss ratio for me, thats where it really matters as you can float about the ranks from fight to fight depending on your opponent. I think I single handedly rescued Smith from his C- last night with the few he beat me in... anytime mate, hehe.
                Last edited by Mardigan8; 12-01-2006, 12:17.

Comment

Cheers mate Friday night you can bump me upto a C+

Comment

Originally posted by Mardigan8
                    Actually the rank is bothering me less and less now... its all about the actual win / loss ratio for me, thats where it really matters as you can float about the ranks from fight to fight depending on your opponent. I think I single handedly rescued Smith from his C- last night with the few he beat me in... anytime mate, hehe.
                    That's the spirit: You could easily get your rank right up by getting lucky with really easy wins; wouldn't make you good though.

That said, I do not want the "Rank D" achievement, along with the "5 consecutive losses" that you gave me.

Comment

At the end of the day who has time to reach A/A+/S/SS ranks ? I played an A- Hayabusa last night and he was simply farming all the C grades in the room - it was piss. Those freaks should stick to their own kind - Same set of 3 or 4 combos over & over - By the end of my shot I was countering/blocking his high/high/low but as soon as he saw I'd sussed it he moved to something else - I don't know any characters well enough to adapt like that constantly.

I just like picking a character (ANY character) and having a laugh, maybe finding some new moves or combo opportunities and learning as I go - always done that with fighters never really been one to home in on a specific character and learn them backwards (exception - Jacky Bryant in VF but I couldn't have picked someone easier to do it with )

But I don't wanna be a D

Anyway, I'm down for Kasumi now in the tourny so I'll spend some time on Sparring with her - she has some nice counters including a teleport behind them and smack them in the arse one - which is nice.
                      Last edited by Yoshimax; 12-01-2006, 14:35.

Comment

She also has a lovely throw teleport thing where she stuns you, jumps in th air and then kinda teleportst hrough you leaving you squirming then re-appers on the ground behind you... I got stung with that many a time last night.

Actually, some of the best fights I got last night were when me and MrDark randomed the characters, had a very interesing Bass V Ayane battle.

If you select your opponents well you could whore the points and get right up the ranks but that aint what it is about. Just getting a cracking fight then coming in to talk about it is good enough for me and I am sure what ever we do with the tournament, we will get some superb battles.

I have Hyabusa and Christie reasonably well prepared but nowhere near the top end. If you got a good variety of characters you can go then you are always gonna have more fun with the game. Hayate and Bayman are getting investigated aswell as they have a nice range to them. Bayman aint what I accustomed to with a big focus on holds but in the right hands he looks like a solid customer.

Thankfully (Touch wood) I have managed to avoid the D rank and 5 losses achievment and since you get 0 points for it am guessing its just there so people can see what happend to you, lol

Comment

I got the 5 loss one Had had a few cans at the time so I'm excused.

My other problem is my mates are coming over tomorrow night and I'm not sure if I should let them loose on live with DOA4 - I know it'll mean the end of giving a **** about rank but I don't want my stats ****ed up to that extent.

Maybe just offline team battles but I know they're just gonna want to fight real people......

Ain't gone below C yet - have managed to straddle the C+/B- line for a couple of days now though - didn't help my new to the game C ranked mate taking me a couple last night - first one he got a 250 point handicap off me - bastard.

Comment

Hehehe, if they going on make sure they are briefed on the importance of victory

It aint the rank you wanna worry about but the win / loss ratio, that will get hammered if they get let loose, hehe.

Its weird, you can play all night winning 80% of your fights but still come away with less points than you started, thats why I aint bothered aboutt eh rank so much anymore. The individual win/loss ratio for everyone you have played is the one am gonna look after as it truly reflects your skeelz. Am all for the ELO stuff but it makes it hard to make any real progress at a certain point when you wanna fight your mates and when the win ratio thing is done so well you dont need to look anywhere else.

Gonna try squeeze some matches in early tonight after work if anyone is about around 5.30.

Comment

You get a free gold live trial for every profile you make Yoshi.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
                                You get a free gold live trial for every profile you make Yoshi.
                                No **** man - sweet as that's what I'll do then. Is there not a bug just now though that'll revert ALL profiles to silver when the free one runs out ?

Also, I was worried the multi-profile thing was what was causing people to "lose save games" which they were then blaming on bugs - I guess I'd hope I'm smart enough to savvy what's going on !

Comment

Working...
                                X