No announcement yet.

Dead or Alive 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came across what people are reporting as save games going missing last night and it is just people not understanding what is going on.

Sometimes if you are already logged in to your profile but are offline and THEN connect to live it messes your profile about telling you there is a problem and you must recover your profile. This happened to me and I thought I had lost all my DOA stats, etc as the profile I was logged in with had no record of any of my fights... BUT... when I switched all the **** off, ensured the connection was in before booting the game and logging in it sorted itself. Aint really a problem just Live messing up when trying to move from your offline to online profile... should be ok as long as you restet your machine after th guest is done and ensure you log in with live when you boot back up, but it done this automatically for me so sorted itself really... hope that sheds some light on it... no loss game saves just profiles getting mixed up... well for me anyway

Comment

Think the crux of it's caused when there's more than one pad attached - For example, I was surprised & annoyed when we tried to play 2 player Mutant Storm and it wanted another profile for player 2.

Similarly, having 2 pads connected and attempting to use the 2nd (top right quadrant) pad can result in it requesting you sign in but then not allowing you to use the profile (as it's already signed into pad 1)

Easy enough once you get your head round it !!

Comment

And re the Gold trials:

Apparently there is a problem that results in "proper" gold members getting reverted to silver, but only if they're both logged in at the moment the trial runs out.

Comment

Yeah I heard that (alluded to it last page but vaguely) - Apparently they're fixing that right now so shouldn't be a problem in future.

Ah - the things that get through testing eh ?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
            the "tennis match"

I'd forgotten about that.

Out through the door...
            ...In through the door...
            ...Out through the door...
            ...In through the door...
            ...Out through the door...

Off the roof! >_<

Plus I'd also like to nominate the comedy `fighting over a Rhino` sequence for another memorable moment of last nights games. Especially which it came to an end with the Rhino getting punched smack bang in the arse

As for rankings, I'd be a bit wary of some peoples rankings at the moment. Apparently people were reporting there was a random bug floating around which allowed people to jump rank pretty quickly - going from C to SS for no reason

Comment

Ah, I'd forgotten about that!

Stupid Rhino totally made me lose that round though.

Comment

Great matches with Mardigan and Riskbreaker. So should have saved that all counter round of Mardigan's. Learn so much of people's bad habits just from watching them fight before hand. Like always low sweeping and Hayabusa's triple air kicks = low throws. Think I try to throw a bit too much though. You better watch out next time I see you as I'll want to even out the stats, now that I've warmed up.

Was quite laggy at first with random people joining but it smoothened out at the end. Made me stayed up later than expected as it was so tense. Hopefully my 4Mb connection should be up for the game as my older connection wasn't good enough for DoA Ultimate. Other thing that stopped me playing was the save bug which corrupted my save with everything unlocked.

Comment

still haven't managed a game with any of you guys yet, hopefully over the weekend you can school me.

Managed to get a streak of 8 wins going before a random button mashing stranger defeated me

My win to loss ratio is still rather pitiful though still I am having a right laugh playing the game so thats all that really counts imo

Comment

Originally posted by MrDark
                    Great matches with Mardigan and Riskbreaker. So should have saved that all counter round of Mardigan's. Learn so much of people's bad habits just from watching them fight before hand. Like always low sweeping and Hayabusa's triple air kicks = low throws. Think I try to throw a bit too much though. You better watch out next time I see you as I'll want to even out the stats, now that I've warmed up.

Was quite laggy at first with random people joining but it smoothened out at the end. Made me stayed up later than expected as it was so tense. Hopefully my 4Mb connection should be up for the game as my older connection wasn't good enough for DoA Ultimate. Other thing that stopped me playing was the save bug which corrupted my save with everything unlocked.
                    Wer some great games Dark. I had to change my rising attacks to counter your counter holds. I was getting picked up too many times with it rising from the ground so some times I was going to straight to a block or throw while you were trying to counter a hit that didnt come... the mind games were rife in the later matches we played, hehe, some superb battles and Hyabusa will be getting mixed in with a lot more other characters so he doesn't become to predictable

You got the counter stuff sorted mate... I am the opposite and am mostly offence so we both need to stike a balance to get the most out of characters. Some fantastic battles to end the night though!!

Comment

cheers mardigan, you and that other guy really schooled me

need to learn Ryu's launch moves I think

Comment

That Ryu is a BASTARD

Comment

it wasn't his Ryu though, it was Christie, and as for the other guy well lets just say I think he spends all day on the game as he knew almost every character like the back of his hand.

Managed to beat him twice though

Comment

Argh, my stick arrived today and I've barely had any time to play with it.

It's lovely though

Edit: (To justify this being in the online thread...) I hope you Live boys are worried!
                            Last edited by Keith; 13-01-2006, 21:40.

Comment

had some nice, if lagtastic games with dark just now. Hopefully sooner or later i'll start getting the hang of this game.

Christie for life.

Comment

I am giving up on this. Every game bar one has had lag and therefore I can't play and have had my ass handed to me. On a bloody D+ rating due to this ****ty lag

Comment

Working...
                                X