No announcement yet.

Sega Rally Saturn PAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I've got a 51 or a 52 on the desert course, but I'll check tonight and hope their saved on a cart. I think thats with a manual.

Comment

My old saves are wiped (you-don't-need-a-memory-card-unlike-the-ps my ass), but after a night trying, these are my times in the Desert Course:

-Lancia Delta, MT, In-car view, 53:35
      -Toyota Celica, MT, In-car view, 53:34

It's amazing how the digital control in this game can rival the best of analog controlled games.

Comment

Originally posted by amorenod
        it's amazing how the digital control in this game can rival the best of analog controlled games.
        definitely, there's so much depth to the handling it's untrue, and the difference to laptimes such slighty different entries into corners can make is unbelievable. u can be half a second up on a lap time, think it's goin alright, an lose it all on the last corner without noticin.

Comment

the last corner on the desert track is really annoying me now, I just can't seem to dial it anymore, I got to within 30th second of my previous best times when my brother caned me using the nights pad ft:

Comment

49s were not uncommon back in the day.

I remember the leaderboard in CVG.

****, some of those times were immense .

Myself, I certainly broke 52 on desert...but only ****ing just. 52.92 was my best. Manual, of course.

Anyone still running automatic, ditch it now. You don't have a chance

Classic ****ing game though...

(Anyone got Sega's official wheel? I've never had one, but I seem to recall it being vital if you really wanted to challenge the best.)

Comment

Just noticed this thread.

I hope you are all aware of the "grass trick"...

I'll have to pull up my times at some point, but I'm sure they're pretty good.

Comment

Comment

Just checked my old times...

Celica MT

Desert Course: 0'53"14

Delta MT

Desert Course: 0'53"23

Comment

desert:

0'54"42
                    0'52"89
                    0'52"98

2'40"29

...using the Delta, MT + Steering Wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Madbury

whats the grass trick?

Comment

Driving over the grass actually increases your speed. So for example on the desert course stick to the strip of grass on the left hand side before the final corner and you should be able to build up good speed before cutting in sharply to take the corner.

Same goes for the forest course, just before the tunnel there is a strip of grass (quite thin) which runs along the wall on the left, get a couple of wheels on this and your speed increases.

Apart from that it's all about getting the car travelling straight as quickly as possible.

Comment

Working...
                        X