Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatial101
    Some truly excellent games this evening - multiplayer is top notch stuff (co-op in particular).

The kicking thing is really annoying (only happened to me twice in a row last go off, but it was happening to others constantly). I wonder if it's anything to do with setting the limit on the number of players that can join the game? Once a limit had been set it didn't seem to kick anyone (tho that could have been coincidence).

Also sorry to anyone who sent me an invite when I was mid-game and I didn't respond. The game is so immersive I couldn't tear myself away
    ^ Ditto. Once you start it's so bloody hard to put down.

Comment

Hmmm.... loved co-op missions on this yesterday evening, but after an hour or so with no problems we just couldn't stay in a game. Booted left right and center to the extent that we gave up.

It seems online in this game is as glitchy as the single player

Comment

The random kickings seem to happen when people set the player limit too high.

The thing is, they're just not learning from that. Everyone and their mother is thinking YEA, 16 player game! *Everyone gets booted*

Comment

A group of us were playing private games with 6-8 players and all was fine between 8pm and 9:30, then it all went tits up. Tried different hosts, different game types, NAT settings, the lot so I think there's more to it than that to be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
            The random kickings seem to happen when people set the player limit too high.

The thing is, they're just not learning from that. Everyone and their mother is thinking YEA, 16 player game! *Everyone gets booted*
            Yeah. Sweet spot seems to be about 8 people on my line, I think Soi has an uber connection, so he may be able to host more without probs.

I'll set max players to 8 from now on, see how it goes.

Hooah.

EDIT: The comments about only joining friends games seems spot on too. Joining random games is a mare, but again maybe this is due to folk trying to host on standard BB lines with poor "upstream" perfomance.

Comment

The problems will be because some people set the max players too high.

On my old 1mb down, 250k up connection I could host no more than 8 to get a lag free game of say Halo 2 or RS3 on the xbox. Co-op GRAW will, if anything, need more upstream bandwidth as their is more to transmit (cross cam, positions of loads of enemies etc). My new connection is loads better (1.3mb up), but no network is every perfect.

Basically, if you are playing on a random server, the game might be laggy and you might get dropped as you don't know how good the host's upstream bandwidth is. So, when playing with people you know, make sure the guy or gal with the best connection hosts.

I still think it is **** that no one has copied Halo 2's amazing system of automattically picking the host on the basis of the connections. Saves so much bother.

Anyone around for the next hour for a game or three?
              Last edited by Soi; 12-03-2006, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi
                I still think it is s**t that no one has copied Halo 2's amazing system of automattically picking the host on the basis of the connections.
                This might be due to the Master of Ceremonies achievement.

Comment

The online games are getting better and better, we unlocked two achievements tonight, and had some fantastic games, so thanks to everyone for that.

I can't wait till the next one.

Comment

Its taken me a day or two, but I've adjusted to the mutiplayer. I've completed all of the online campaign levels (and achievements)...Now I'm waiting for the next update

Comment

Really liking this game but had major crash issues all weekend. I lost count of how many times I got dropped from games, I seem to spend more time looking for games than I do playing them. I've also had about 3 lock-ups where I had to power down the console.

The co-op games have been great though when they work.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                        The online games are getting better and better, we unlocked two achievements tonight, and had some fantastic games, so thanks to everyone for that.

I can't wait till the next one.
                        That was 2 very very ejoyable CO-OP games Marty. Teamwork, Steath, action, surprises, challange.

Brilliant.

Those matches made this game push towards the magic 10/10 in my mind. The single player game is continuing to impress too. Shame about the bugs, but even with them, What a game!!

Comment

I was trying to play some games last night, I'm constantly being kicked out of the game randomly. It was rubbish

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                            I was trying to play some games last night, I'm constantly being kicked out of the game randomly. It was rubbish
                            Pants mate. I tried to join random online matches, and half the time I get kciked from them too. Shame about these issues. ft:

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                              That was 2 very very ejoyable CO-OP games Marty. Teamwork, Steath, action, surprises, challange.

Brilliant.

Those matches made this game push towards the magic 10/10 in my mind. The single player game is continuing to impress too. Shame about the bugs, but even with them, What a game!!
                              those were some great games last night

i think the coop games with a good group are the epitomy of live

i'm glad i've got a good list of friends off here, everyone wants to work as a team and have fun

Comment

Picking this up today; add me if I'm not already on your list.

Comment

Working...
                                X