Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simmy
    Twits, but saying that my only weapon of choice at the moment is a silenced rifle from the grenadier section. Think it is something like M468-SD or something, has a lovelly underslung grenade launcher, but more importantly sounds out of this world 8) which is all that really maters
    Me 2! 8) Best gun ever!

Comment

I haven't actually used any weapon other than the default...perhaps I should try out this beast

Comment

I've been trying to hold back playing multiplayer untill i've advanced in single player but i think i might be ready for a baptism of fire tonight if everyones playin! I have been getting invites but they always seem to pop up right at an intense moment and i never get chance to accept/decline them so don't feel like i'm ignoring everyone!

Comment

I'm totally bored witless by the one-player mode.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
            I'm totally bored witless by the one-player mode.
            Baaah, go back to your mindless levelling you fool

Comment

Originally posted by Edame
              I'm more inclined to guess that it's sloppy code, seeing as there are so many reports of bugs and glitches from people (and I got dropped from your games quite a few times even with your connection). I don't ever recall getting dropped often from PD0 online and I only ever play 32 player games on that.

Also, speaking of tactics, not sure if this is common knowledge but I was told that the 'SD' at the end of a weapon name indicates that it's silenced (I was playing co-op with some Americans who insisted on everyone using silencers on Temple).
              Its definately something to do with your connection, I was playing earlier and was doing fine, but the second that we did any kind of co-op where there were lots of enemies I would get kicked. I would happen as soon as I got close to any major activity, I was also playing online split screen with a friend and a similar thing happened at his house.
              IU'm wondering if the game accepts a certain amount of lagging, but then kicks your if it is too extreme? Perhaps to cut down on cheating?

Comment

I'll try and take notes if I'm back on this evening, but I'm sure I've been getting dropped from all kinds of game types. Generally for me I get booted within 30 seconds, not even enough time to move out of the spawn area, let alone get to any enemies.

I'm using a wireless bridge so I might try getting some cable out and seeing if a direct connection to my router will help.

Grenade launcher = key (shame I keep blowing myself up though)

edit: speaking of grenade launchers, anyone know why the reticule is shaped the way it is?
                Last edited by Edame; 13-03-2006, 14:57.

Comment

Have you tried opening ports on your router?

I think it's 88 and 3074 for live.

Had the same problem myself, tried this and seems ok. I haven't had chance to give it a proper test yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                    Its definately something to do with your connection, I was playing earlier and was doing fine, but the second that we did any kind of co-op where there were lots of enemies I would get kicked. I would happen as soon as I got close to any major activity, I was also playing online split screen with a friend and a similar thing happened at his house.
                    IU'm wondering if the game accepts a certain amount of lagging, but then kicks your if it is too extreme? Perhaps to cut down on cheating?
                    I doubt it is my connection. I put it down to Ubisoft being wank. 100%.

Can't believe so many people piss around with routers and all that wireless nonsense. Get your line and plug it DIRECTLY into the 360 from the wall - it's the only way to be sure.

Wireless networks - what a joke, all they seem to offer is a flimsy, unsecure connection all for the benefit of having one less cable. Until audio, video and even power cables also become wireless I fail to see any point at all.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 13-03-2006, 15:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy
                      Twits, but saying that my only weapon of choice at the moment is a silenced rifle from the grenadier section. Think it is something like M468-SD or something, has a lovelly underslung grenade launcher, but more importantly sounds out of this world 8) which is all that really maters
                      That's my boom stick too! In fact, I rarely bother with the gun and just go straight for the 'nades. Firing a long distance 'nade into a squad of three or four enemies and seeing their bodies scatter in a Havoc generated explosion just has a timeless quality about it.

Comment

My copy finally turned up today so I maybe up for some Live action tonight. Go easy on me though I'm a Ghost Recon virgin.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                          Can't believe so many people piss around with routers and all that wireless nonsense. Get your line and plug it DIRECTLY into the 360 from the wall - it's the only way to be sure.

Wireless networks - what a joke, all they seem to offer is a flimsy, unsecure connection all for the benefit of having one less cable. Until audio, video and even power cables also become wireless I fail to see any point at all.
                          Easier said than done

We have 3 PCs in different rooms, the router and phone socket in another, and my 360 in another room. All of the wires end up trailing down stairs and across our main hallway waiting for people to trip over them (and yank the router off it's shelf). There's no easy way to hide these as many of our floors are tiled or wood.

I'm keeping an eye on the network over powerline products that are due this year.

Comment

Who is rocking Fallows boat, my cable + wireless network runs like a dream and is as secure as I can hope, unless someone is really trying hard to get of a home network which is pretty sad if they are. And yes we have 3 PC's, 1 Laptop, a mini server and the 360 or Xbox (depending on what we want to play.) all running external and internally on the network with no issues.

Comment

Last saturday I had a 7 hours MP marathon of this game, and it was totally excellent, we had the best co-op games I had in a long time ! after a few hours we were a bit less Rambo and we really worked together as a team and we finished 3 of the 4 co-op missions ! really excellent stuff !

I hope to join ya guys sometime this week for some furious action !
                              I still have some heavy ammo left to pump into Yoshi and Hazuki !!

Comment

I'm home alone tonight, so will be online 19.00 your time, once the kid is in Z land.

No doubt I'll see some of you later!

Comment

Working...
                                X