Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray! My copy finally arrived!!

Boo! Mrs G is watching a film and I've sold all our other tellies except for a 14" SD set which I can't bring myself to use having been playing on 32" of HD goodness recently.

Hooray! I have the next two days off work!!

Boo! I will probably have to sleep and eat at some stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
      Firing a long distance 'nade into a squad of three or four enemies and seeing their bodies scatter in a Havoc generated explosion just has a timeless quality about it.
      Pardon my being anal but I think you'll find they've used AGEIA PhysX not Havok

Comment

THIS ****ING SUCKS SO MUCH!!!

It just wont let me and my mate play togther, been trying for about 50 minutes now, to join games together and it just wont work. Once it let us join, then loaded, then kicked me out straight away before it even finished loading!

Its so shocking. I was playing online for a few hours last night with loads of people and it was working perfectly, and it was great fun! But if it continues to act up like this, I'll be finishing it on hard and selling this game as the online coding sucks so much!

They BETTER release a patch for this!

Comment

Rossco - Whoever accepts the invite to the game should already be in multiplayer - not the single player or initial screens - may help !!!

Comment

Any tips on getting the Committed achievement?

One of my Friends left it on the same co-op campaign all day with auto start activated and himself set to observe and he got this achievement. I tried this today for over eight hours and didn't get it.

Comment

What's the importance of the achievement ? Seriously I'm at a loss to understand this mentality.

Comment

I'm going through a similar patch of plain old anger with the game myself. After picking my settings for custom game, the majority of rooms that showed up had games that were already underway and I couldn't join in

Now I'm not what you'd call someone with flawless vision, but nowhere did I see the bit where it said "This game is in progress. Do not join this room unless you want to wait 30 minutes to play"

Why does it even bring up games that are in progress? I know ubi soft have their reputation for lousy lobbies, but this seems to take the biscuit. All it needs now is Pandora Tomorrow's 10 second crash out and you've got something REALLY special.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                  What's the importance of the achievement ? Seriously I'm at a loss to understand this mentality.
                  I just thought I would try and get this one as there seems to be a way to do it without actually playing for eight hours straight. I don't get that much time to game anymore anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ
                    I just thought I would try and get this one as there seems to be a way to do it without actually playing for eight hours straight. I don't get that much time to game anymore anyway.
                    it probably has stuff in place for checking to see if the player's are in a legitimate game, i.e. they are shooting and moving. i was planning on getting this achievement last weekend but stuff kept cropping up and i didn't get a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                      Rossco - Whoever accepts the invite to the game should already be in multiplayer - not the single player or initial screens - may help !!!
                      Yeh we were both in multiplayer waiting for the invites but it just wouldnt work at all when accepting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon
                        I'm going through a similar patch of plain old anger with the game myself. After picking my settings for custom game, the majority of rooms that showed up had games that were already underway and I couldn't join in

Now I'm not what you'd call someone with flawless vision, but nowhere did I see the bit where it said "This game is in progress. Do not join this room unless you want to wait 30 minutes to play"

Why does it even bring up games that are in progress? I know ubi soft have their reputation for lousy lobbies, but this seems to take the biscuit. All it needs now is Pandora Tomorrow's 10 second crash out and you've got something REALLY special.
                        It seems like another oversight, shouldn't have been too hard to filter games by whether they are in progress or not.

What you need to look out for when you're scrolling through the list is 'SETUP' in the game details, which indicates that everyone is still in the lobby. This still isn't perfect though as very often you end up joining seconds after they've started the game.

The other thing I have found is that you don't get this problem nearly as much on ranked games because you can't join them in progress, nearly all available games will be in setup. No co-op in ranked mode though, PVP all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                          Bah, every game I joined tonight quit back to the menu after a few seconds of starting.
                          I'm getting this too now. Was running fine Friday evening and Saturday morning but last night and tonight so far I'm getting major lag and then dropped from the game. I've yet to complete any one of the six or seven games that I've started tonight, not impressed .

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
                            Yeh we were both in multiplayer waiting for the invites but it just wouldnt work at all when accepting them.
                            I gotta say bar one incident where my 360 froze up and everybody else thought they'd been kicked from the game it has ran like a dream.

6-8 players on both co-op and adversarial which tells me I could probably squeeze in another few bodies for vs matches !

Hopefully get on later tonight for a game - Feeling much love for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Edame
                              It seems like another oversight, shouldn't have been too hard to filter games by whether they are in progress or not.

What you need to look out for when you're scrolling through the list is 'SETUP' in the game details, which indicates that everyone is still in the lobby. This still isn't perfect though as very often you end up joining seconds after they've started the game.

The other thing I have found is that you don't get this problem nearly as much on ranked games because you can't join them in progress, nearly all available games will be in setup. No co-op in ranked mode though, PVP all the way.
                              I take it you lose rank as well as gain it in these matches? Not sure I'm confident enough in my ability yet to partake in ranked games.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                                Can't believe so many people piss around with routers and all that wireless nonsense. Get your line and plug it DIRECTLY into the 360 from the wall - it's the only way to be sure.
                                Um You need a modem

Comment

Working...
                                X