No announcement yet.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea how the ranking system works at all. I've played a few games and highest I've probably placed is 3rd and I'm at level 2. I played one game where a clan of 6 (I think they all had SOE prefixes) seemed to be power-levelling. They were all levels 4 and 5 and moving non clan members to the other team and then wiping the floor with everyone in sharpshooter. There's wasn't even time to read the match stats, they'd just start another game straight away.

I've had a few Americans comment on my rank of Lance Corporal, they all seem to be Privates. Not sure if rank changes with level or stats, I wonder if the ranks vary by region at all.

Comment

THis is taking the piss now, got a few games going there that worked well without lag or anyone getting kicked out but straight away it just started being crap again!

Must have wasted 2 hours overall today just trying to start and join games!!!

Comment

Its traditional for UBI games to be buggy as hell, more often than not there is a patch out before the game!

Comment

Can anyone spam me an invite please? Can't join any sessions

Comment

My connection has been fine apart from a few games today, but mine doesn't seem good enough to host many players.

I thought Ubisoft said they had tried to optimise the online service for the best experience possible?

Originally posted by chopemon
            it probably has stuff in place for checking to see if the player's are in a legitimate game, i.e. they are shooting and moving. i was planning on getting this achievement last weekend but stuff kept cropping up and i didn't get a chance
            I actually managed to do this legitimately in the end today, but I'm not sure how because it didn't register until around 12 hours. I didn't play solid for this time or eight hours, but I was in various multiplayer games throughout the 12 hours, including local play, while staying in the multiplayer menus. Strange. Still, it was a good test of my 360's endurance and there were no problems of any kind, just the usual hot disc when I removed it.
            Last edited by MJ; 13-03-2006, 22:03.

Comment

*Shouldn't be playing this online until he can tell who's on his team, and who isn't*

No-one else have this trouble then?

Sincere apologies to all of my teammates who died by my hand. Seemed I was a perfectly good marksman as long as it was my team members that I was shooting...but I couldn't hit the snipers on the other team, despite them sitting perfectly still.
              Last edited by Keith; 13-03-2006, 22:24.

Comment

some good games tonight, everything started off well, but people started dropping like flies in the last half hour

thanks : akido (treasury will live long in the memory), capcom, kevvy et al, just so much fun guys when it all works fine its astonishing fun.

tbm.

Comment

gg

Comment

I am so hooked on this game, it really is unfortunate that our connections drop all the time. Stayed on a bit later with Chopemon and Sgt with Chopemon hosting and we were quite stable. Usually have the best success rate with MrSuicide but Chopemon tells me Soi's connection is fantastic.

If anyone can host with a really good connection let us please know in here, I am sure we will all appreciate it.

Big shout to all the damn nice players I have met from NTSC on xbox live.

U know who you are.

Regards

BournemouthJAY

Comment

AH I didn't realise you were dataDave!

Good games.

I eventually managed to play a campaign co-op game tonight with 1 of my mates, and finished it without being kicked out! And also got 4 kills in 4 seconds by just machine gunning 4 guys in a line right next to each other and the 30 kills without dying because my mate kept dying and I survived all the time and we just kept restarting when he died!

Excellent fun though. Really great stuff.

Comment

If anyone wants a co-op game just give Dazzyman a shout. I finished the single player on saturday and been playing the co-op missions since (found a good few USA players now as well). Seems it drops like crazy if the host doesnt have a very good upload speed (can be as bad as more than 4 get dropped on 256k). Was talking to a lot of people with the same problem (I dropped everygame when I tried about 4am Saturday morning for about 2hours and messed with my router incase which solved nothing) and in the end we all put it down to the host not having enough upload to support all the players (as say 8 would stay but randomly the rest wouldnt) these all seemed to be UK hosts (as I kept leaving a room when I heard a USA host voice for fear of lag) so I then tried a USA host with 4mbit upload and I stopped with there game for 3hours with no fault. I ended up sticking with the same 3 people for last two days in USA and we didnt have one drop.

I did play a massive 16player team dm on sunday and noone dropped (seems for once where better playing on USA hosters as he had 4mbit upload). I managed to host a solid 4player coop today fine (3.5mbit download and 384k upload), will be getting into the rest of the modes gradually like CTF etc.. (I aint a DM solo fan). Im about everyday from around 12pm onwards anyway.
                        Last edited by Guest; 14-03-2006, 01:26.

Comment

JUst got the game today so i can't wait to give it a go. Sounds Amazing.

Comment

Hey guys,

I had a bit of a breakthrough in the early hours of the morning, I subscribed to a 10mbit cable upgrade a few weeks ago and couldn't for the life of me figure why I couldn't host games without dropouts and have been cursing NTL all weekend, well I did a few speed tests and thought WTF it was still 2, so I headed over to the nlworld website and went through my account and my modem update had failed. So I unplugged it all, restarted the pc and re-registered the upgrade and woo-hoo, it's working.

I played a 16 player campaign with nothing but americans(zero lag), unfortunately when I built a room and opened it up to 16 and loads of americans flooded in(only me and 2 brits there) half dropped out, so I lowered to 8 and we played for a few hours with zero dropout, this was a mix of UK and USA players.

Marty, Capcom, TBM, Chopemon, well everyone on my list from here really, if you are on GRAW tuesday night help me by joining a room so I can test the connection to see if I can max out just UK connections, I know 8 players will be no problem, just wondering if I can squeeze more out of it.

BournemouthJAY

Comment

Originally posted by JapsEye
                              Hey guys,

Marty, Capcom, TBM, Chopemon, well everyone on my list from here really, if you are on GRAW tuesday night help me by joining a room so I can test the connection to see if I can max out just UK connections, I know 8 players will be no problem, just wondering if I can squeeze more out of it.

BournemouthJAY
                              That won't be a problem mate, always glad to test!

Akido, your actions in Treasury were legendary!

These net drops are a real achilles heal of GRAW.

The worst map is "Old Town" I can't host more than 6-7 on that one. Host 8 and 1,2 or 3 will drop. FRUSTRATING!

The other maps are fine with 8 players (mostly!)

So, stability comes at a price, and that is sad as I had a fair number of people wanting to join, but there wasn't slots. I think SOi has the fattest connection, I wonder how many he can host on Old Town?

Anyway, thanks for some great games. Playing in a team that are up for playing properly is very cool.

PS Sorry for the Nade TK Spatial & Sargent! It was didgy collision detection, honest.

Comment

A friend of mine has a 10MB download and 512K upload and sometimes it drops people.

It's a shame this dropping problem is so common.

Comment

Working...
                                X