No announcement yet.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's annoying, hoping Ubi get something released sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
      PS Sorry for the Nade TK Spatial & Sargent! It was didgy collision detection, honest.
      You keep saying that, but I'm not so sure - I think you went renegade on us

Some more excellent games last night - thanks to everyone invloved.

Highlights include, rather than resetting the map when to many people got kicked, turning Treasury into a team killathon. Nearly pissed myself when the decision was agreed and as everyone went to fire on someone next to them, someones Grenadier (think it was Kevvy) blew us all up

That and me on the Temple level not being able to hit a barn door with an automatic rifle (even though the guy was right infront of me and oblivious to my presence I still got killed).

Old Town does seem to cause the most problems on co-op. It seems to kick either at the start when the chopper goes down, or at the bit when the friendlies are under fire in the market. I think it's because at those points there's just so much going on (what with player, enemy and friendly AI all moving and firing).

Comment

Originally posted by MJ
        A friend of mine has a 10MB download and 512K upload and sometimes it drops people.

It's a shame this dropping problem is so common.
        Are you sure they only have 512k up? My line is 6500/750 and wasn't SOI something like 10000/1500 ?

Anyway for 750 up, my rule of thumb:

All Co-oP Missions except Old Town: 8 Players max.
        Old Town: 6 players max.

Co-oP Eliminator/ Teams: 16 players max.

What is the average speed on UK BB then? 1024/256?

Comment

^^ Avergage speed is probably 1mb dl / 250k ul (some are 500/250). But even people with more DL often have only 250 up. 8meg connections are often 400up, and 10meg are 500up.

My actual connection speed (as in I've tested it, not just what my ISP says I have) is 13mb down, 1.3 meg up.

Last night we had 14 players, all UK based playing vs and I didn't hear anyone complaining of lag. Except for EvilBoris, who got lag and dropped out everynow and again. But he's been having network problems and sometimes only has something like 400dl,100up. No one else (as far as I could tell) got dropped. So I think that it isn't just the host connection, but a combination of the host and all the players. My guess is that if the host doesn't have the upstream bandwidth or the other players don't have the downstream bandwidth, then the player gets dropped.

Let's assume that a coop game with 16 players needs 1.2meg up (just for argument's sake -I have no idea what is needed). The the host would be pumping out 1.2meg and everyone else would be downloading this. If they have less than 1.2meg down, then I guess they are dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Soi

Let's assume that a coop game with 16 players needs 1.2meg up (just for argument's sake -I have no idea what is needed). The the host would be pumping out 1.2meg and everyone else would be downloading this. If they have less than 1.2meg down, then I guess they are dropped.
            Yeah, that sounds like it could make good sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
              Highlights include, rather than resetting the map when to many people got kicked, turning Treasury into a team killathon. Nearly pissed myself when the decision was agreed and as everyone went to fire on someone next to them, someones Grenadier (think it was Kevvy) blew us all up
              Yea dude, that was me. It was strangely satifying to waste all my team mates

Had some great games last night with everyone involved. got almost all the Co-op campaign achievements when playing with Camcom Suicide and dotsandloops and everybody. And had some vs. games on Yoshi's server, Loved defending those generals with my teams drone overhead. could see ya all comin'

But then our team got well and truely pwned on the beach map.

I love this game loads. offline and online. But the kicking is ****ing so annoying.

Myself, BornemouthYay and Rossco seemed to have the worst luck.

I've got a really health connection - 10Mb down, 384k up but i'm also using wireless cuz plugging into the modem just isn't an option. BroadBand sockets arn't as common and power sockets and the modem is at the other end of the flat. With my wireless router, i get a full connection constatly so don't see what the problem is.

NEVER had any problems before using wireless on xbox, x360 and my PC
              Last edited by Kevvy Metal; 14-03-2006, 10:18.

Comment

I'm thinking of upgrading my NTL 2MB to 10MB for an extra tenner a month. Not sure what the upload is on it but it must be better than the 2MB and hopefully
                it'll help me getting chucked out of games all the time. It really is annoying!

I use wireless from the router downstairs to my PC, and then ICS from my PC to 360 and it always works fine apart from this game. When I download, it always maxes my connection throughout so its not like its unstable or anything.

Games were fun last night anyway, I should be up for more of the same around 9ish tonight.

Comment

Don't know about ntl but with blueYounder, the 2Mb connection and the 10Mb connection have the same upload. It will prob say on their site.

Comment

I had to go offline quickly last night as the mrs was moaning. Some great games though, hopefully you will be online agin tonight so i can kill you some more.

Comment

Pass me an invite please

ta muchly

Comment

Good stuff last night lads - Noticed a few people got dropped when I hiked it to 16 player (we were doing adversarial) but seemed fine at 12/14 - Some fantastic games I really enjoyed it - I'm sure my upload is only 384k too (10mb down) but I do plug the 360 directly into the modem no fannying about with routers etc.

Soi's connection FTW for now though - the games with him hosting were flawless and a serious amount of fun - once we're familiar with game modes etc it should be excellent - for now last man standing and the search & rescue modes seem real good fun

Off today so will be on in the next 1/2 hour or so for the duration

Comment

Hadsome great co-op games with some Americans tonight. Awesome stuff, but i could not believe the drop in the graphics from single player!

Oh well. Still amazing fun, and is now my fav online title, finally beating Ridge Racer!

Comment

Whoops! Double post

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
                              I'm thinking of upgrading my NTL 2MB to 10MB for an extra tenner a month. Not sure what the upload is on it but it must be better than the 2MB
                              As far as I know NTL's 10MB upload is 512K.

I have their 1MB service and it's 1024000 bps download and 100000 bps upload (PC and 360 connected to a router).

So much for 16 player co-op, even when high uploads are hosting.

Comment

Thanks for the invites from various people yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't take any of you up on your offers. I am still getting to grips with the game at the moment but if anyone is online tonight I think I will take the plunge and go Live.

Comment

Working...
                                X