Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soi

Let's assume that a coop game with 16 players needs 1.2meg up (just for argument's sake -I have no idea what is needed). The the host would be pumping out 1.2meg and everyone else would be downloading this. If they have less than 1.2meg down, then I guess they are dropped.
    Its gotta be something like that, I only ever get dropped when alot of activity is happening near me (like when you start and everyone spawns together, of if I drop in on a bunch of rebels in co-op) I assume that when the amount of date you receive becomes too high, instead of lagging it just boots you

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
      Its gotta be something like that, I only ever get dropped when alot of activity is happening near me (like when you start and everyone spawns together, of if I drop in on a bunch of rebels in co-op) I assume that when the amount of date you receive becomes too high, instead of lagging it just boots you
      Yeah.

Mr developer please change code:

IF Latency EQUALS >100ms FOR >1 sec THEN = KICK

to

IF Latency EQUALS >100ms FOR >5 sec THEN = KICK

I'd rather a little lag in the busy bits, than kicking!

Comment

Been absent from this the last couple of nights, as I've got a head full of flu atm. Deffo want to get back into it tonight or tomorrow once I've got my brain back in gear. Still need to get through the first two coop levels, so if any one fancies having another go at one of those, then give me a shout.

Comment

Damn it.

My quick race at Ridge turned into a 3 1/2 hour session of this.

Only one Co-op mission left to go, sure I will be playing though them again as they are fantastic fun.

Comment

Thanks for the games last night Soi. Pistols Only was a laugh! Also nice to catch up with some more fellow NTSC-ers. Was a nice bunch! I can't remember who it was, but I had a good old chinwag about the 16bit import days. Apparently a hop in Burney had import games FOR RENT! you lucky lucky people! This is a great thing with playing Live with you guys, we immediately have something in common to chat about. Very very cool.

Anyway, tonight my other half is out, so I am going to host some CO-OP, and then zero spawn Team Objective matches. looking for stealthy based players up for that then. Be 8 plays max Co-Op (Will avoid Old Town) and 14 for Team based. Server will go online 19.00 UK time, and it will be friends only, so pling me if you're not on the list, though I think everyone pretty much is now! Friends only seems the most stable way to go.

I reckon we should be up for a little contest. Looks to me that we have regular players on SOI's games & my games, and that people are getting pretty bloody good too. The time has to be right soon for a little organized competition. I have focused on the CO-OP, but I am hoping we can take the same game play style over to team Vs.

Maybe we could get some teams together and have a knockout? If we had at least 4 teams we could just arrange a simple Knockout ladder.

Could be something for the near future? A Sunday evening perhaps?

I've not played online on consoles before, but I have seen similar things done on the boards in the past for other games.

Perhaps the first thing to do, is find out what game mode & options is best suited for "NTSC Knockout" games, so we can practice with similar settings.

Lock & Load!

Comment

Has to be last man standing and play multiple rounds or the mode with the 5 bases where you have to hold as many as possible.

CTF sucks big ass.

Comment

I quite liked that one where there was one base in the middle. But other than that, the above two modes were my favourite...and CTF is balls in any game.

Comment

^^ No Keith NO - it's the nuts in Halo2 & COD2 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
                    I quite liked that one where there was one base in the middle. But other than that, the above two modes were my favourite...and CTF is balls in any game.
                    If there isn't any objective, isn't there a danger that everyone will just camp?

What is the mode called with a common objective? That sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                      If there isn't any objective, isn't there a danger that everyone will just camp?

What is the mode called with a common objective? That sounds good.
                      Aye, there is that I suppose.

I dunno, CTF doesn't grab me the way it does everyone else, although admittedly I've not given it much time in any decent games.

Edit: Although there was plenty of people camping the other night when there was a common objective.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                        Thanks for the games last night Soi. Pistols Only was a laugh! Also nice to catch up with some more fellow NTSC-ers. Was a nice bunch! I can't remember who it was, but I had a good old chinwag about the 16bit import days. Apparently a hop in Burney had import games FOR RENT! you lucky lucky people! This is a great thing with playing Live with you guys, we immediately have something in common to chat about. Very very cool.
                        Most of the people on last night have been playing Live for a good long while now. GRAW seems the first 360 game that just about everyone has and I think that is a great thing.

As for something organised, why not organise it? Just set up a thread.

Comment

For my money last man standing or the 5 base takeover thing - Last man standing does kinda fall into the camper camp (?) but then the whole game seems to be attracting a fair bit of it.

Time to switch to marksman

Who's on tonight then ? You hosting Soi ?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                            For my money last man standing or the 5 base takeover thing - Last man standing does kinda fall into the camper camp (?) but then the whole game seems to be attracting a fair bit of it.

Time to switch to marksman

Who's on tonight then ? You hosting Soi ?
                            Right then, time to get practicing!

Comment

Deffo gotta be last man standing anyway, it really is excellent fun. And how about a pistols only one too!?

I'll be on for an hour or two at 10pm tonight after work.

Almost forgot, how did you all like my supreme pistol skill last night!? Taking the whole team out alone with my pistol! Great fun!

Comment

I'll be on for a bit tonight. Happy to host.

Pistols is good way of playing everynoew and again. No point camping with a pistol either.

Comment

Working...
                                X