Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soi
    I'll be on for a bit tonight. Happy to host.

Pistols is good way of playing everynoew and again. No point camping with a pistol either.
    Would be the perfect "Tie Breaker" for a competion too!

Comment

Hmm - Like the sound of pistols only - I like the pistols in this game almost as much as the COD2 ones - there's a satisfaction you don't get from the scoped/longer range guns. Much more up close & personal

Comment

I thought pistols only was awful

You cant camp on last man standing, theres no respawns!!

5 zones would work as would the one zone objective game. I think we'd just have to agree to a gentlemans agreement of no spawn camping.

Good idea though, how would we sort the teams out though? We've got a good idea now who'll be on regularly enough for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gibbon
          I thought pistols only was awful

You cant camp on last man standing, theres no respawns!!

5 zones would work as would the one zone objective game. I think we'd just have to agree to a gentlemans agreement of no spawn camping.

Good idea though, how would we sort the teams out though? We've got a good idea now who'll be on regularly enough for it.
          I made a thread where folk can sign up. So no worries about teams just yet. We are all NTSC-Uk'ers anyway. So we can arrange teams once we have an idea of numbers. If you are up for it, sign up. We will have a chance to practice.

If anyone has a friend/account on RLLMUK maybe they could do something similar, and then the winners of each tournament could play each other?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
            Deffo gotta be last man standing anyway, it really is excellent fun. And how about a pistols only one too!?

I'll be on for an hour or two at 10pm tonight after work.

Almost forgot, how did you all like my supreme pistol skill last night!? Taking the whole team out alone with my pistol! Great fun!
            Were great games man... I was all over you like a lampshade in a few though that head shot from the middle of Rocky Cove will go down in the history books, hehehe.

Comment

Isn't spawn camping actually quite difficult I think there is a region in which you can choose your spawn point and if you are playing solo you can actually spawn anywhere on the map you want.

Also there seems to be a delay between when you join the fight and when your character stops being invulnerable. I could be wrong, but I always had the upperhand when there was a guy hanging around the spawn point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pump
                Isn't spawn camping actually quite difficult I think there is a region in which you can choose your spawn point and if you are playing solo you can actually spawn anywhere on the map you want.

Also there seems to be a delay between when you join the fight and when your character stops being invulnerable. I could be wrong, but I always had the upperhand when there was a guy hanging around the spawn point.
                you are invulnerable for a short time after you respawn. Theres nothing to stop someone sniping from further away though or waiting just round the corner form the spawn point. One game the other night a few people just surrounded our spawn area. Eventually you fight em off but its as low as it comes

Comment

you are invulnerable for a short time after you respawn. Theres nothing to stop someone sniping from further away though or waiting just round the corner form the spawn point. One game the other night a few people just surrounded our spawn area. Eventually you fight em off but its as low as it comes
                  I think it could be a legit in this game as it gives you every chance to fight them off and it isn't heavily weighted in the attackers favour. If you have the opportunity to fight back then isn't spawn camping, you just need to work out your tactics, maybe get your grenades and smoke out.

I'll certainly stay away from other peoples spawns if it is an issue and I could find myself on the receiving end and regret everything I've just said. Just reckon it is open to discussion as it isn't the game breaking evil it was in Rainbow Six.

Particularly loving the fact that it zooms in on where ever the shot that kills you has come from so you don't ever have to worry too much about those camping snipers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pump
                    I think it could be a legit in this game as it gives you every chance to fight them off and it isn't heavily weighted in the attackers favour. If you have the opportunity to fight back then isn't spawn camping, you just need to work out your tactics, maybe get your grenades and smoke out.

I'll certainly stay away from other peoples spawns if it is an issue and I could find myself on the receiving end and regret everything I've just said. Just reckon it is open to discussion as it isn't the game breaking evil it was in Rainbow Six.

Particularly loving the fact that it zooms in on where ever the shot that kills you has come from so you don't ever have to worry too much about those camping snipers.
                    you dont get that big an opportunity to fight them off though. That coupled with being spawned out into the open means it is still weighted in the attackers favour imo. I think it was 3 lads doing it against 8 of us the other night, we eventually cottoned on to it and fought them off with numbers more than anything. If one team set out with it as a delibrate tactic I can see it being a real issue. Best to just say no

Comment

****'s sake...after getting kicked and being invited back, the 360 made a weird noise and froze.

Still, good fun couple of games there with Fallows, Gibbon, Gerry etc; have to play that one again...

"Achievement Unlocked"...heh.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                        Anyway, tonight my other half is out, so I am going to host some CO-OP, and then zero spawn Team Objective matches. looking for stealthy based players up for that then. Be 8 plays max Co-Op (Will avoid Old Town) and 14 for Team based. Server will go online 19.00 UK time, and it will be friends only, so pling me if you're not on the list, though I think everyone pretty much is now! Friends only seems the most stable way to go.
                        I missed the boat tonight, but I'm up for stealth play and not charging in.

Send me a friend request for next time, mine's ROBOSLIDER, unless I send one first.

Comment

Good games last night lads - was exhausted so just watched the Apprentice and then went to ma kip - be on for the long haul tonight though !!!

Anybody picking up Burnout ?

Comment

burnout should be at home as we speak will be on that tonight

Comment

I'm tempted to pick it up myself.

Goddammit I really didn't want to - Anybody got any impressions was hoping HaHa would have posted some up in first play !!!

Comment

hmmm might get it meself Yoshi, decided Im going to trade in a few games rather than them being sat collecting dust. May pick up burnout and the outfit with the credit

Comment

Working...
                                X