Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter XBOX 360 NTSC-UK players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting mine tomorrow.

Word on it so far is that it looks darn tasty (solid 60fps I heard) and most of the achievements obtained, are done through the LIVE portion of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
      Anybody picking up Burnout ?
      I'm hoping mine will be at home when I get there. See on the starting grid mate...(go on, you knows you wants to. )

Comment

Started a thread in general gaming to try and garner some impressions to stop us clogging this thread.

http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=56107

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that I find CoD2 a far better live experience than GRAW - not to detract from it but I'm just disappointed that after a week I kinda feel like there's not much fuel left in the tank.
        Last edited by Yoshimax; 16-03-2006, 11:09. Reason: Add URL

Comment

GRAW is starting to lose its edge already, I mean MP Vs isn't great, the Co-op aspect is much more fun but just now is very limited. Although I dont really like CoD online because of the even ****tier lobby system and disgusting lag, if they patch it and improve I reckon I'll migrate over to that eventually.

Why didn't they give us a Round Option
          Why Didn't they give us an Assault Variant
          Why didn't the give us 5-6 Co-op Maps (like previous GR)
          Why do they let a monkey design there Menu's
          and
          Why the **** did they Omit Heli Hunt, or at least some Heli's in the Co-op missions

Comment

Why didn't they give us a Round Option - They Rushed It

Why Didn't they give us an Assault Variant - They Rushed It

Why didn't the give us 5-6 Co-op Maps (like previous GR) - They plan to sell them to us via the marketplace

Why do they let a monkey design there Menu's - He's been designing them for them for donkeys now

Why the **** did they Omit Heli Hunt - Jesus that's the million dollar question - imagine how good it would be with the night-vision Easily one of the best modes in summit strike

Comment

I agree that it does feel a bit like it is lacking in modes. The maps aren't that exciting either. Don't get me started on the menus... I mean, they are so disorganised and rubbish.

Still, what with COD2 being even worse in terms of Live implementation, I'm going to stick with it. I think it has a very good Vs game lurking in there.

As for Assault, you could probably do with with a 1 base defend type game. Just pretend that capturing the base = planting the bomb. Put the capture time to 10 seconds and turn respawns on but with a respawn time of 15 seconds. That might be good...

Edit: I fear that it won't be until Halo 3 that I'm fully happy. People can say whatever they like about Halo, but I think its online options are faultless. Matchmaking, automatic host chosing, the party system, joining games mid way through, host changing if the original one leaves etc.

After Halo 2 (which still plays well 1.5 years after its release) my expectations have been raised...

Will BF2 be any good?
              Last edited by Soi; 16-03-2006, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerry Helmet
                GRAW is starting to lose its edge already, I mean MP Vs isn't great, the Co-op aspect is much more fun but just now is very limited.
                I'm not enjoying this in MP at all. Although I do like co-op. No where near as good as I'd hoped. Halo3 where are you??!!

Comment

I assume everyone has finished the four coop missions? I'm still lagging behind

Sorry for me ignoring invites for the past few nights, been trying to get through single player!

I honestly think that BF2 will take over as the multiplayer title to play next month, GRAW is a little bit limited.

Comment

I see BF as the next live migration - I expect my friends list to light up with that the same way it does just now with GRAW.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not getting rid of it just yet there's plenty to see & do yet - I just don't see it lasting that long.

And yes - I suspect Halo3 will be the next thing to pwn the backside off of us all - I look forward to that Bungie better deliver the goods at this years E3....

Anyone unsure about CoD2 we'll get some giltch games with a decent host then we'll see who's complaining

Comment

i need BF2...

i expect halo3 to be equally as genius regarding menu system and mutliplayer options...

i also want to play more COD2 online with you lot...

Comment

theres planety of life left in co op I reckon but yeah I aint feeling Vs at all. Standard Deatmatch is crap. I dont mind the zones stuff but to me the only real recon vs mode worth anything is last man standing.

Comment

Halo 2 has been pretty much the standard for online options - it's faultless IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by gibbon
                            theres planety of life left in co op I reckon but yeah I aint feeling Vs at all. Standard Deatmatch is crap. I dont mind the zones stuff but to me the only real recon vs mode worth anything is last man standing.
                            I have found Co-op the best mode so far, but I am willing to give the deathmatch some more time.

Co-op was best when we were ****! We had some tremendous games when we didn't know where the enemy was coming from.

Now we know the maps well (I quite like their design) it can be a case that the people just snipe all the targets before they appear, and that makes it a bit boring. Therefore I think I'll try it without drone.

The co-op does have some life left in it, but is sad we got so few maps.

Either way, it's provided me with some good memories and some great games. I haven't played BF2 since GRAW, but now my PC is starting to call again!

I'll still be up for some CO-OP.

Comment

Just agree with most of this really.

Definitely going to stick with this for a while. I guess maybe it's something to do with my previous rainbow six obsession but I find this type of gameplay very satisfying. Has it's problems though

Maps although pretty just feel bland in their design. I guess it is because they are mostly built around large open spaces, which combined with the fact their are only 14 -16 players running around feel limited tactically. There are a couple of exceptions, can't remember their names, but I think it's Rocky Cove and Desert Gulch.

No Heli Hunt

Ubisoft menu systems and bugs

and some good points

Co-ops fantastic, even better with less people, worth the price alone just need more of it.

It looks pretty when I blow stuff and I get to shoot lots of AI guys when I have no friends

Not sure on the alternatives.

COD is a lot of fun in short doses, not sure it will stand up if they fix it and we have some long sessions. I find the shoddy weapon balancing annoys me after a while and the lack variety isn't doing it any favours. Can't knock it for the odd blast, so def keeps it's place in my collection.

BF2 looks increasingly like a slightly updated PS2 game, not impressed for 40-50 quid. Might get it if everyone else is enjoying it but want to demo it first. Will always have the feeling there's a better version sitting on my PC.

Spoilt by Halo I guess, fantastic party system and a big bag of custom options. Don't see why we still don't have a few sessions nxt gen or not.

Well thats my bored at work post for today. Looks like the snow is going to have melted before I go home Arse

Comment

I see your point about Halo 2. It may be old, but 1 flag CTF on Zanzibar will always be fun. And it looks spanking on my new telly.

Plus, with my new connection we could have 16 Halo players lag free. Big custom games anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X