Ridge Racer 6 - cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ridge Racer 6 - cheating?

I fired up RR6 at the weekend for the first time in ages (been busy 100%-ing Condemned) ... decided to try and unlock a few more online cars, so went for some online battles.

Now I recently got an iPod, so thought I would try playing my music through it. I know RR6 hates streaming music from PC, but figured it would be OK with the iPod (no network traffic). However, I forgot that it is simply the presence of a PC connection that screws things up, not the actual streaming of music.

I played three online races before this dawned on me. All three of them stuttered badly, and were almost unplayable, but to avoid bad rep for quitting, I played them to the end.

The first race was when I was trying out the iPod.
    The second race was after disconnecting the iPod.
    The third race was after rebooting the console after disconnecting the iPod (this is when I finally remembered that I had to disable the PC connection).

In the three races, I was 6th, 7th and 2nd (well, I could barely control the thing what with the lag and all), but in ALL THREE, I was "lag-promoted" to FIRST PLACE. The icing on the cake was that the third race was ranked, and one of the players was a "crazee-skillz" Jap player, who beat the rest of the pack by a good 12 seconds or so. I'll bet he was not pleased.

Would I be right in thinking that there MUST be some unscrupulous people out there exploiting this???

(And, as an aside, I think it's shocking that this bug hasn't been fixed by now)

phillai is a dirty cheating lag-racer too.... (joking).

it is very odd though, i've raced a fair few people and they've been way out last yet on them crossing the line they're and 2nd/3rd... dunno what the deal is, it's almost like they're racing alone.

Comment

Yeah its happened to me as well. Many a times i have won a race only to be told i came last And that last came first. 2x

Very stupid.

Comment

There is some glitch where people don't move from the start line, the game decides they have lagged out so D/Cs them and gives them 1st place on their screen, but as they have not actually lagged out, it can cause them to finish ahead of your place too.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
          There is some glitch where people don't move from the start line, the game decides they have lagged out so D/Cs them and gives them 1st place on their screen, but as they have not actually lagged out, it can cause them to finish ahead of your place too.
          been a while since i played this online but yeah i've had a few races where i've had 2 or 3 people sat on the start/finish line throughout the race... on occasion the car will disappear below the track but you can still crash into them and mess up your race. it seems that it doesn't happen for everybody either, some people will see them as racing......... it's VERY strange.

Comment

Working...
          X