No announcement yet.

16 Player Tournement Rockstar Table Tennis Please Leave Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it has been an awful long time so im going to l;et you go through to the next round to face i think its me (instead of dcmk1) im free when ever mate when are you free?

Comment

Originally posted by Myth
      I've never actually noticed that before, he's definitely going to be my character of choice with that meter filling up so fast, if he had a little more power he'd be complete overkill.

And to be fair it'd be pretty stupid of me if I sent the ball to your forehand at all as I'd be popping it straight up. Surely the whole point is to have tactics for certain characters, with Jesper having a weak backhand (compared to his forehand) it's the obvious solution?
      which is why I said fair play but its a bit overkill on the games part, not yours. Just playing to the backhand wouldnt have given you such an advantage, its the combination. Theres not really an answer to it and to be fair to you its the first time Ive seen that done.

Comment

Fair doos, I'd gladly use someone else next time I just have a problem against Jesper where I ALWAYS pop the ball up and the backhand trick seems to work for me.

I picked Juergen because he was the first character I've beaten Jesper with your right it's definitely overkill but to me so's Jespers power.

Don't want this to turn into a rant, but yeah I'd gladly give you other matches using other character where I'll actually play a proper game instead of my dirty backhand technique as it's not the most fun way of playing the game for me either.

Comment

I think you still have to work, certainly against a good player, to take advantage of jespers extra power. I didnt feel that you had to do that , it was just a case of banging it to the backhand until the meter filled up and then boom, you have the advantage by a long long way.

I dont only play as Jesper but I do enjoy him because he does have the power to take advantage of openings where as a lot of the other characters are weak as piss. I think the other s need to be brought up a bit. For instance Mark is only one less than Jesper in power rating but he's much closer to characters classed below him than he is Jesper

Dont get me wrong you won far and square and Im sure theres similar tactics/methods to beat other characters, I just havent seen them yet. Im mainly replying to the dirt Jesper jibe If we do come up against each other again I certainly wont be choosing Jesper
          Last edited by gibbon; 03-06-2006, 21:07.

Comment

ok the semi finals are now set.(if petejs game isnt going ahead)

just had my bout with RDANR and i won in straght sets score 11-0 11-7 first set was just a whitewash but second set was a good balanced matchs with soem long rallys.

Ok so the semi finals are

Cimsonday(Me) VS Distruckt2006

YoshiMax VS Myth JM
            please contact each other to arrange time/ date

Comment

Originally posted by heavenly sun
              ok the semi finals are now set.(if petejs game isnt going ahead)

just had my bout with RDANR and i won in straght sets score 11-0 11-7 first set was just a whitewash but second set was a good balanced matchs with soem long rallys.
              Yeah - took me a while to get going there (I had visions of 11-0, 11-0 for a moment there). Second game was tops, I've never known so many returned smashes.

Anyway, thanks for the game

Comment

tikkaroma won 11-9 11-7 - edit - we just finished a few minutes ago, sorry for the delay!

I've been trying to get good as Kimi as nobody else uses her, but quite frankly her awesome spin ability isn't effective enough since the game responds to the spin of the ball\ change in direction automatically. She can play the slow-game quite well, but as soon as the other player hits Focus she is dead in the water.

Great games though, enjoyed that

Comment

o ok then so could tikkorama please contact distukt2006 then for the quarter finals didnt think your game would ever take place . ye was a good second round first was a bit one sidded ye after set one and then 2-0 in set 2 i could see a 11-0 11-0 game glad that wasnt the case though.

Comment

Sorry for the delay guys my work hours are crazy hence the delay.

Tonight or tomorrow suit distukt2006 at anytime after 8.00pm.

Comment

Hello chaps

If anyone is up for some games please add me:

SharkyOB

I can do weeknights except Weds and I'm around sometimes at the weekend.

Really loving this game, 'tis a bit special.
                      Last edited by sharky_ob; 05-06-2006, 12:05.

Comment

okies cheers for letting me no let me no how the game goes then we can be onto the semi finals 8)

Comment

me vs tikkoroma should be tomorrow night after 8pm i've just contacted him

Comment

alrigt then thats all good let me no the score then were on to the semi finals 8)

Comment

Myth - Sorry didn't get to play last night you good for tomorrow night sometime ? Probably be on about 8:30/9 ???

Comment

Yup sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X