Chrome Hounds - This is WAR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for all of the questions...

So is it that the lottery slots are basically how many parts you can apply for as a team at any one time? Is the amount of parts you can actually win unlimited? Is there a way to check what parts people on the squad are applying for so that we don't duplicate?

Do you only win the one item or it it like a blueprint that you can re-use if your mech gets destroyed?

Comment

Probably been answered elsewhere, can you obtain better parts for your mech by exclusively playing the game online?

Comment

Originally posted by Edame
        Sorry for all of the questions...

So is it that the lottery slots are basically how many parts you can apply for as a team at any one time? Is the amount of parts you can actually win unlimited? Is there a way to check what parts people on the squad are applying for so that we don't duplicate?

Do you only win the one item or it it like a blueprint that you can re-use if your mech gets destroyed?
        its in special items, history. im pretty sure thats the limit. we had a list of 6 people on there when the squad started with the squad screen saying special items 6/6. now it says 8/8 and it shows a list of 8 things.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
          They need to do something like that because shots take far too long before you know whether you HAD the right distance or not as they'll have moved on if you missed.
          I thought the point of the big guns was to knock out the enemy HQ's from affar. Guess like regular artiliary you would need someone spotting your shots for you, so you can get your distance spot on and then let leash. Need a defender / spotter with each heavy gunner to me though !

Comment

I was talking with Brats about this yesterday, I think.

At the beginning of the round, you can tell exactly how large the battlefield is in meters. Through this, you can work out the exact distance between say, A1 and A2.

If you can position yourself directly north, south, east, or west of a point you want to bombard, it's simply a point of reading the coords, calculating the distance with the viewfinder and letting rip, or using a little bit of mathematics to calculate diagonal distances.

Hell, I think I might just create a heavy gunner.
            Last edited by Silvergun X; 14-07-2006, 14:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
              I was talking with Brats about this yesterday, I think.

At the beginning of the round, you can tell exactly how large the battlefield is in meters. Through this, you can work out the exact distance between say, A1 and A2.

If you can position yourself directly north, south, east, or west of a point you want to bombard, it's simply a point of reading the coords, calculating the distance with the viewfinder and letting rip, or using a little bit of mathematics to calculate diagonal distances.

Hell, I think I might just create a heavy gunner.
              Its not that simple. The map/postioning of the HQ symbol isnt particularly accurate and considering the hq probably occupies a space of 10m x20m(?) its incredibly easy to miss. Im sure theres tonnes of other factors that come into it.. build of your mech, weather, elevation, surface etc. You still need a spotter. For example the shot you spotted for me last night should have roughly been in the right area , it wasnt.. you telling me it wasnt helped me get it right though

Comment

Or even a heavy gunner with the smallest NA maker, then you'd be able to tell exactly where the enemy were and then bombs away

ps. Why are we Sal Kar now?

Comment

Yeah I'd thought of using the map grid but it doesn't seem to work (bloody stupid) - I know elevation plays a big part dunno if there's wind or anything to consider ???

Comment

Looking forward to tonight, still not found a real nice combination of weapons and mech parts. Seem to dish out a load of punishment without getting the kill, while the enemy have weapons that can take out a third of my mech in one shot.

Comment

Looks like you boys are needed in Gazi, MORSKOJ are on the offensive it would seem, and from what I can see Gazi gives them a direct route to the captial. HOLD THE LINE, or this war is going to be over before I get to fire a bullet 8)

Wonder if the game has stagnated a bit since TARAKIA fell, the whole map was burning yesterday, but according to the web map there is only one region now under contention !

edit : Can you change affiliation when the war end ? or do you still have to wait out the two weeks !

Comment

just redid my mech, its got a crotch gun now!

Comment

He has aswell!

Automatic victory to us.

Comment

Chopemon, where are you.

We need you on!

AND I HAVE A HOMING MISSILE! Oh ****! ^_^
                            Last edited by Silvergun X; 14-07-2006, 18:22.

Comment

Huh there are homing missiles? where do you get them from.

Comment

Heavy Arms.

Comment

Working...
                                X