No announcement yet.

Halo 2 Final goodbye games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

?3?! hell i was tempted by ?7 tin version at work but might have to check that out

Comment

Cheers for the invite boris.....when im in frikkin Rome!
      I'm always up for a game of Halo, so invites away whenever i'm on.

Comment

Heading on for a couple of hours now if anyone's about.

Comment

I will be on this for a bit tonight, so if anybody's interested then send me a Friend Request and I'll catch up with you once I can get on Live. I'm ROBOSLIDER.

Comment

right just got this, and getting lots of extra maps or something. not quite getting how to drop a gun when dual weilding them :/

Comment

Hit Y or do a melee attack.

Comment

Wow, someone with an Xbox who hasn't played Halo 2 before. Now I've actually seen everything... :P

Edit: I could give you some tips instead of *just* being a dick, though.

Basic principles:

- Plasma removes shields quickly, bullets remove health - therefore you should combo as much as possible, for example using a plasma rifle in the one hand and a SMG in the other - or take it even further and team up with a partner, each one dealing with one type of projectile.
                - crouching while moving makes you invisible on motion detector, which is a feature not alot of people take advantage of, surprisingly.
                - meleeing someone in the back kills them instantly, and awards you an "asassin" medal as well.
                - Battle Rifle is the best all-around weapon, and you better get used to aiming at head level, as it kills in four shots if every shot hits home. When you're climbing those ranks you'll need those BR skills, trust me.
                - learn the levels to the extent of knowing which ledges you can jump to get around (Lockout is a good example, as the level instantly becomes easier to traverse if you know how to crouchjump), and where the main weapons spawn. You probably won't need to practice by yourself every night until you're a machine, the levels in Halo are all very well designed and easy to remember.
                - grenades are fun. Really fun. Remember, the standard grenade can never kill someone alone, as the blast is only strong enough to remove the shield. Therefore, it is technically better to stand on top of one grenade than to be in close proximity of two. Plasma grenades however, will kill you if you are close enough.
                - learn how the proximity voice works! Basically, everyone (even your enemies) can hear you within fifteen feet (edge of your motion detector, in other words), and when you press the white button (and hear a walkie talkie-type sound) everyone on your team hears you loud and clear in their headsets, wherever they may be at the time. When you finish talking, the team chat closes itself automatically (signalled by another walkie talkie-esque sound) However, your enemies can still hear you when you're talking on team chat, so beware. I remember around Halo2 launch, when people assumed that when they overheard the enemy team talking, the opposing team had forgotten to activate team chats. Yet, they wondered how the enemy were able to hear them even though they were dead certain they pressed the white button to talk. Good times.

Anyway, I'm still playing it vigariously, feel free to add me if you guys are one guy short in a custom game or something. I'll be playing almost every night this week (and probably next as well), so I'm always up.
                Last edited by Nicholas; 24-07-2006, 04:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas
                  Anyway, I'm still playing it vigariously, feel free to add me if you guys are one guy short in a custom game or something. I'll be playing almost every night this week (and probably next as well), so I'm always up.
                  I (ROBOSLIDER) just sent you a Friend Request, so I'll try and get on it sometime soon too.

Comment

?3 for Halo 2? I don't believe that.

Comment

- Plasma removes shields quickly, bullets remove health - therefore you should combo as much as possible, for example using a plasma rifle in the one hand and a SMG in the other - or take it even further and team up with a partner, each one dealing with one type of projectile.
                      or go one better and have a single plasma pistol and a battle rifle... one squirt of a fully charged plasma pistol drops the shields, quick press of 'y' swaps to battle rifle and a single shot to the head = death and a very annoyed opponent

Comment

- learn how the proximity voice works! Basically, everyone (even your enemies) can hear you within fifteen feet (edge of your motion detector, in other words), and when you press the white button (and hear a walkie talkie-type sound) everyone on your team hears you loud and clear in their headsets, wherever they may be at the time. When you finish talking, the team chat closes itself automatically (signalled by another walkie talkie-esque sound) However, your enemies can still hear you when you're talking on team chat, so beware. I remember around Halo2 launch, when people assumed that when they overheard the enemy team talking, the opposing team had forgotten to activate team chats. Yet, they wondered how the enemy were able to hear them even though they were dead certain they pressed the white button to talk. Good times.

Really?

Comment

Originally posted by strawdonkey

Really?
                          yeah, it's amazing that people never realised this for a good long while... you'd be defending the base in a game of assault and you'd hear the bomb guy say something like "i'm hidden under the stairs, they won't find me!" and you'd bust around the corner and pop a cap in his ass laughing maniacally.

can also work in your favour though, as you can tell the other team you're somewhere you're not... hopefully giving you a chance to plant a bomb/steal a flag etc.

it's an amazing game, and typing this out makes me remember the good times and now i really want to play this again

Comment

Me too. I need to find it for ?3 as that's exactly how much money I have left until next monday.

Since finding out it now runs in VGA I'm deperate to see how it runs on me projector.

Comment

Looks very nice in 720p via component !!!

Comment

I don't know where my component cable is though mate.

I sort of disowned it after it gave an almost composite edge clarity on my display. VGA FTW for me I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                                X