Street Fighter Tournament II Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Fighter Tournament II Turbo

For those who've stuck with this after the first few days, fancy another shot at a tournament? Hopefully one that'll last more than half a round?
    Gimme your names/gamertags if you're interested, and I'll decide how it'll work once I know how many we got.

Semi Finals

Cortorized vs Lyrical Donut
    Psyduck bt Billy_Dimashq

Apologies for the poor format, if I try to lay it out like a table it deletes my spaces, and I can't be arsed trying anything more fancy.

Rules:

Each player must play each other player in his/her league by, 3pm Saturday, unless you let me know a good reason why you can't.

Decide yourself who is to host the game.

Each match will be the best of 5 fights, 3 rounds each.

The host will choose their character first in the first fight, after that the winner of each fight chooses first.

The winner should come and report the result on here, we do not need the score, and you do not need to complete all 5 fights, 3-0 will do.

Once all matches are done, the top two from each league will proceed to the semis.
    Winner of league 1 plays Runner up of league 2
    Winner of league 2 players Runner up of league 1

We will then have a final, and a 3/4th play-off if you want.

In case of a tie for 2nd/3rd place, the result between the two tied will decide who progresses.

I think that covers everything, but let me know if I've forgotten something.
    Last edited by Psyduck; 02-09-2006, 14:29.

I'm up for it: themarine1979

Comment

I'm in.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm up for it. Gamertag: Widegoat.

Comment

Good start, looks like we'll get at least 8 entering. I'm thinking Champions League style - 2 or 3 small leagues, top 2 or 3 go through to knockout rounds. Keeps it short-ish, but gives everyone a chance to have a few games.

For the fights themselves, I'm thinking best of 5 matches. Any suggestions let me know though.

Comment

I can play.

Comment

me me

gt: Run Infidel Run

Comment

I'm hoping to get this started tomorrow, just for info. Hoping we can get it all done quite quick, maybe by the start of next week, then if it's worked we can do another one. That sound plausible or are people going to be too busy?

Comment

Sounds cool to me, I forgot my GT is I3th Racing.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

do we have to wait that long? how many people do we need? i say we should stop at 8 and see how it goes. it'd be better starting a big tournament with the words, "following on from the success of our previous tournament(s)..."

that other ken/ryu one seemed to go quiet quickly and i don't want that happening with this one.

cmon man i'm dying to get this off the ground as are you lot i'm sure.

we could even start with what we have, and the next two people to join can just fight each other

btw can we make sure our friends lists are slimmed down a bit to cater for this? quite a few chaps on here have full-up friends lists which would make it a bit difficult to arrange the matches properly i'd think

btw will the matches be played in quarter match mode, maybe with a third person in there as a kinda ref? or will you just trust us to say 'i won' or 'i lost' or whatever?

Comment

My plan is as follows:
                      2 leagues of 4 people, you play each other person once. Top two go through to semis, and then a final. That was everyone gets at least 3 games.

Each game will be best of 5 fights, 3 rounds each.

I'll do a random "draw" of some kind to decide who is in each league, and who hosts (and plays on the left).

The host chooses his character first in the first fight, then after that the winner of each fight chooses their character first.

In the case of a draw for 2nd place in the group, we'll go on the result between those two people.

I assume people can manage to play fair, so I was just thinking traditional match, 1v1.

I'm looking for 8 (though 9 or 10 could work in my plan), and I'm sure I can get a couple of guys from my friends list in if noone else from here joins today.

Thoughts?

Comment

Edit: Change of plan!
                        Last edited by Psyduck; 30-08-2006, 07:54.

Comment

Aww, I'd be up for this, if there's still room.

I'd have to test it out with some of you first, though. Just got my 360 today, and every game I've had so far has been a complete and utter lag ****fest :/

Comment

Edit: You're in Lyrical
                            Last edited by Psyduck; 30-08-2006, 09:06.

Comment

oops i wanted in : /

Comment

Working...
                              X