Why is Doom and SF2 so crap online on X360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is Doom and SF2 so crap online on X360

Bought these 2 as they was my old favourite games in there day, SF2 is totally unplayable, single player is fine but online is a joke, it is way to laggy to get a half normal game, people who are proper crap seem to be able to jump and punch ok but mine doesnt feel fluent enough to have some enjoyable games with.

Doom is as bad, people warping about, ive been killed whilst people are not even on the screen. very jerky and again feels like a possible great idea has been wasted.

Would MS give me my points back if I write,ring or email as I dont feel the product is good enough to pay for..

Well Gutted

Are you sure it's not your connection? I've not had any probs with Doom, unless another person is downloading/using the internet. 2meg line btw.

Comment

Ive got a 4mb connection mate NTL, PGR3 and DOA4 and Table Tennis are fine online so I doubt its that very much..

Ive read a fair few others have had Doom issues though until now I thought SF2 would of been ok..

Comment

Originally posted by RuBiQ
        Ive got a 4mb connection mate NTL, PGR3 and DOA4 and Table Tennis are fine online so I doubt its that very much..

Ive read a fair few others have had Doom issues though until now I thought SF2 would of been ok..
        You should maybe try setting up a game with 4 people on this forum & see how it goes. I have a few games of Doom with 3 people & it's been fine. I've not really played SF2 enough, but of the few games I've had I haven't noticed bad lag.
        I can't do tonight but I can offer me services tomorrow!

If you've got DOA4, why the hell haven't you joined the ntsc-uk hardcore (only in name, not in skill!) faithful for a few bouts?!

Comment

Ive not played much of DOA4 tbh with having Dead Rising and Gun to finish atm but do wanna get into it more (wont have chance when PES6 comes out)

Can you guys add me to try Doom and SF2, my Xbox360 name is rubiq

Hope it plays better against you guys, I have some shotgun shells to unleash.

Comment

Doom runs fine for me - Nige and me had a playthrough of Ep1 the other night and it was smooth as it could be - I've also played 4 player co-op and that was fine. I HAVE seen it lag playing 4 player DM though and I've seen it in SF2 as well.

90% of the time I'd say it's peoples connections - the rest it's **** net-code.

DOA4 is a real test - If you play that with us we'll know soon enough if your connection is ass !

Comment

Not got Doom but I find SFII only lags when I'm playing people not on my friends list maybe against people from other countries.

Comment

i played doom online with no problems and i have a 1mb line

Comment

Originally posted by cpthooker
                  i played doom online with no problems and i have a 1mb line
                  Same here it seems highly playable to me

Comment

Working...
                  X