Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Live Service Maintenance 17/10/06

Originally posted by majornelson.com
    Xbox Live, Xbox.com and the Xbox forums will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on October 17th (next week.) Full details on Xbox.com, including a top 10 list of things to do while we?re working on the service. What are the top 10 things YOU?LL be doing while our operations team is hard at work on the maintenance?

BTW:When the service come back, you will not have a dashboard update. That will happen later this Fall.
    Originally posted by teamxbox
    The downtime is worth the suffering as Microsoft promises they are adding "some cool stuff".

What kind of cool stuff?, you may ask. According to the software giant it is "secret cool stuff that we'll tell you about when we're back online October 18. Other stuff we'll be talking about later in the fall."
    Let the speculation commence !

Originally posted by Xbox.com
    Xbox.com and the Xbox Live? service are currently down for maintenance. We?ll be back soon with amazing new My Xbox? features!
    OK. I'll start the speculation.

Group chat function.

4 person video chat.

Internet radio - can be used in-game.

Link friends in groups.

Comment

Hopefully said group chat function won't fall over when 3 or more people join in.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G
        OK. I'll start the speculation.

Group chat function.

4 person video chat.

Internet radio - can be used in-game.

Link friends in groups.
        I'd love it if it was the first and fourth of your suggestions ! A party system alla Halo 2 which works from the dash and allows you to move from game to game without breaking the party up would be fantastic, and should of been incorporated from the start, but I fear is not going to happen !

Comment

"Secret cool stuff"? Secret cool stuff that is not the Autumn update (which is secret, and probably cool too)?

I'd like to see gaming clans, outside of specific games. So much like the friend group linking that Paulos G mentioned, I guess. Maybe with the ability to share a calendar to plan gaming sessions, or something.

The big Autumn update is probably an overhaul of the Marketplace, amongst other things.

Comment

Originally posted by revlob
            The big Autumn update is probably an overhaul of the Marketplace, amongst other things.
            Detailed here http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=64044

Comment

Seems Live will be offline untill tomorrow morning. This "secret cool stuff" had better be worth it.

Comment

Web Browser?

Comment

Nope confirmed by Moore that that won't be happening !

Comment

Its been said before but friends list grps would be good.

Maybe they are adding the stuff to link up to Windows Vista?

Comment

Hopefully friends lists for particular games, or at least being able to organise friends into created folders for more than the measly 100 entries... basically the same as MSN.

Comment

Yeah some people deffo need more then 100 friends slots.............. Silvergun im looking at you, you god damn popular SOB.

Comment

All 100 of my friends are from here. I never accept random requests, or even requests from ppl I play out in the field as much as I'd like to sometimes.

100 friends is far too low a number.

Comment

id like to be able to delete games from my gamer profile to keep it nice and tidy

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles
                              id like to be able to delete games from my gamer profile to keep it nice and tidy
                              I thought you could in the system section of the dash?

Comment

Working...
                              X