No announcement yet.

Initial D - Times and Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! because it is such a low speed corner hitting the sides effectively keeps you down at that speed and screws up the lap totally.

The problem I have is resisting the urge to take a quick look at my split times. There's a similar checkpoint on Akina, where if you take your eyes off the road for a fraction of a second to take a look at the times it's all over.

Comment

Are all your fast times done using the pad or a wheel ???

I really need to get hold of a wheel and soon

Comment

I've used the wheel a few times, but it's a bast to keep setting it up and the GF isn't too plused by it's appearance, so I'm on the pad at the mo.

I've also got the Driving Force wheel, which is putting me off using it due to the dpad shifting. I'm trying to source a GT Force wheel. The wheel makes a big difference to the feel and control of the game and the force feedback is well implemented, so I can imagine that it will help to shave those 10ths off.

Comment

Akagi is the best course imo...

fastest one going, i've seen times around 2:17 in the arcade, theres probably even faster, altho 2:24.3xx is my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Madbury
            Yeah, After that tricky first sector it gets quite a lot easier. I know how to nail the hairpins at the end.

What I haven't worked out properly is that last right hand bend before one of the checkpoints, but after a whole series of right left bends which can be taken flat out if you get the line right. I've taken to dropping to fourth, but I'm sure there must be a line where I can maintain that top speed for a bit longer.

After the checkpoint there's a sharpish right, which also throws me off balance. I think I need to be braking as I go through or just after the checkpoint, which just feels alien somehow.
            Double shift down to third for that bend. The down shift increases your turning angle and releases some of the back tires' grip making the corner much more manageable. If you do it right you should be able to shift back up to fourth almost immediately and fly out to build up speed for the next hairpin which can be taken quite quickly and if you drift it well you will back up to fifth in no time.

Comment

Yeah I think I pulled that off on my quick lap went down to third and then almost immediately to fourth, full speed around the next hairpin. Sadly I've been unable to replicate that success.

Comment

Just recorded a 2.24.288 on akagi downhill RX7 (F3DS) but am loosing a **** load of time in the 2nd sector as i`m 7 tenths up in the 1st sector, when i come to the 2nd sector i`m 1 tenth down. It`s the turn before the long straight on the 2nd sector thats messing my straight line speed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge
                  Just recorded a 2.24.288 on akagi downhill RX7 (F3DS) but am loosing a **** load of time in the 2nd sector as i`m 7 tenths up in the 1st sector, when i come to the 2nd sector i`m 1 tenth down. It`s the turn before the long straight on the 2nd sector thats messing my straight line speed up.
                  Turn into it earlier than you think (it's deceptively sharp) using brake drift and try to take it at around 135km/h. The overhead map fools you into thinking it can be taken faster than it actually can but it is tighter than you expect.

With practice it can be taken a little faster but not too much and as long as you go around at 135 and don't hit the sides too much (or at all) it should stop you losing that massive advantage you have prior to the corner.

Comment

Thanks for the tip C, just recorded a 2.23.756 i`m so happy . I can`t believe how much time you can loose in that 2nd sector just by getting that bend a little wrong. I can definately go faster through the 3rd and 4th sector as well and am hoping i can get sub 2.23 soon .

Comment

My best time on Akina Downhill now stands at 2.59.340 with the Trueno AE86

Finally got under the 3 minute mark but I know I can do better, it's the 5 hairpins that keep ****ing me up all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa
                        My best time on Akina Downhill now stands at 2.59.340 with the Trueno AE86

Finally got under the 3 minute mark but I know I can do better, it's the 5 hairpins that keep ****ing me up all the time.
                        Very nice time that

I must practise on Akina some more now, been concentrating on the Championship Qualifying course recently

Comment

Just recorded a 2.22.961 on Akagi downhill in the RX7 FD3S 8). Other times are
                          Myogi 2.57.859
                          Usui 3.00.095
                          Happogahara wet 2.39.776

Comment

Ok chaps im lost !!!

I got the game last night, love it

I have not a clue which track is which !!!

Say for instance Myogi (the first track) if i select left arrow, am i doing what you would say myogi left ?? if so after 3 runs i got 3.07.xxx. not sure if thats any good !!

From there on in im totally lost

Is there a total translation anywhere (with pics) so i can get on the right track !! ??

Or could someone explain it to me please ??

(sorry to be a n0000b!!)

Comment

Had the same problem and still don`t know the names of the tracks. if you look on gamefaqs faq, that will tell you all you need to know. from left to right it is.

1. Myogi
                              2. Usui
                              3. Akagi
                              4. Akina
                              5. Happogahara
                              6. Irouhazaka

As for direction the first 2 tracks are either left or right and doesn`t really make a difference. But the rest of the tracks are uphill or downhill and what ever the default option it puts you on that is downhill (colour of arrow doesn`t really make a difference). But soon as you play the course you will know if it`s uphill or downhill. Hope that helps.

Comment

list of tracks is in the first post of this thread...as seen left to right in time attack.

as for the left/right thing, i believe people are saying which option they are choosing, as opposed to the direction arrow you see on the track diagram (which are often opposites)

it is slightly confusing, something that needs to be made totally obvious for the championship i think

Comment

Working...
                                X