Initial D - Times and Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wager,

from what's been said on here, it seems that these are just cosmetic changes, once you have completed your chosen tune course. However in one FAQ I read it indicates that for the most of the A course tunes, there is a special tune whether it be the AE101 high rev engine for the 86 or the WRC misfiring system for the Lan Evo. I suspect that these special tunes will make a huge difference if the anime is anything to go by.

Comment

In Arcade Stage ver.1 (and I presume this remains the case) you choose your upgrade path, and as you collect battle points the new parts are fitted. Once all the extra parts (spoilers, muffler etc) are done, the battle points are then used for further tuning of the car?s insides. You can?t see these modifications but they will come up at the end of the race as usual. However, after you?re parts course is complete you get the ?Parts Change? option as mentioned above. If you select this you will be given the option to change parts of the car for 15000 battle points. I think it?s just the wheel trims that can be changed and these don?t improve performance, they are purely cosmetic. However, if you choose to make these changes, obviously it redues your points tally so it will take longer for the internal tuning upgrades to occur.

This is how Arcade Stage ver.1 worked. Ver.2 and Special Stage may be different but I don?t think it is.

Comment

Anyone got any tips for starting? My starts are usually not too great and I KNOW that you can shift straight into 2nd but don't know how.

Comment

Originally posted by wager
          Camps - I hope that Myogi time 3.02.... was obtained using a heavily modded car because i'm about 5 secs behind and i've already finished the initial tune-up. If not then i've gots loads of practice.
          You should manage a sub 3 minute time with an untuned car on Myogi, well at least with a Skyline anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
            Camps - I hope that Myogi time 3.02.... was obtained using a heavily modded car because i'm about 5 secs behind and i've already finished the initial tune-up. If not then i've gots loads of practice.
            You should manage a sub 3 minute time with an untuned car on Myogi, well at least with a Skyline anyway.
            Hmm..quite right. I'll blame my pathetic efforts on the joypad. Been using the Driving Force Wheel this morning and have improved no end. Down to 2.56 and change.

Using the joypad made the steering way to twitchy for me.

Comment

Did you use the analogue sticks or d pad?

I know a few people say the steering is twitchy with the pad but I find it great.

Comment

I know a few people say the steering is twitchy with the pad but I find it great.
                I was using the analogue stick.

Comment

Re: the "Parts Change"

I've been constantly upgrading when this option appears. So far, i think i've done approx 10 upgrades. All seem to be cosmetic and vary in price. I'm not sure, but i think some of the buys are just cycling thru, over and over. Does anyone know when i can start buying performance upgrades?

Comment

Re: the "Parts Change"

I've been constantly upgrading when this option appears. So far, i think i've done approx 10 upgrades. All seem to be cosmetic and vary in price. I'm not sure, but i think some of the buys are just cycling thru, over and over. Does anyone know when i can start buying performance upgrades?
                    Like I said, you don't buy performance upgrades. They are automatically given to you when you reach a certain amount of battle points. You won't be getting any at the moment because you are constantly using your points for the cosmetic stuff. Stop buying cosmetic changes when you are given the option and eventually you will get the tuning upgrades (however, some require you to reach an exceptionally high battle points figure)

Comment

Thanks C'

Should have paid more attention to your initial post. Cheers.

Comment

Akagi-downhill-dry

2'25"444 FD

(the engine noise of the FC and FD is driving me nuts, i have a massive headache now)

Comment

Yeah but its so cool that the rotary boys have a rotary sound.

I think I might start using the FC. I just lovet the look of that car. I'll be posting some times up on Monday, don't expect anything spectacular though, I have a lot of learning to do before then.

Comment

I was using the analogue stick.
                            Change to the d pad. The sticks are far too twitchy but the d pad gives you quite a bit of control.

Comment

Thanks C'

Should have paid more attention to your initial post. Cheers.
                              This page here better explains what I was getting at earlier.

However, as I mentioned earlier this is only relevant to ver.1 of Arcade Stage (Special Stage is based on ver.2) so I don't know if things are different. I've made little progress on ver.2 as the machine was only installed a couple of weeks back and obviously with Special Stage being in Japanese I'm not fully clear on what's going on.

However, I've just been chatting with someone and the impression I got was that for ver.2, the Parts Change option does more than just the wheels. He mentioned something about changing the muffler which would suggest performance changes, but is odd as a muffler change is something that occurs anyway depending on your parts course.

It's all very confusing.

One thing I did notice on Special Stage was that during certain upgrades, the car would rotate and focus on certain points to show the part change occuring (e.g. if the spoiler is being changed the camera focuses on the rear of the car). However, at certain upgrades (before the parts course is completed) I've received upgrades and the camera hasn't focussed on any specific spot on the car. Perhaps these upgrades were the other maintenance upgrades mentioned ealier and the order of parts course/maintenance upgrades is now mixed rather than focussing on one, then the other.

Need to look into this more.

Comment

the times when the upgrades don't zoom into the car to show the particular upgrades are engine/turbo upgrades - from step 1 to step 4

camps

Comment

Working...
                                X