Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking some sense Kubrick I'm the same I love playing shmups but no amount of practice would ever help me 1cc any of them!
    I thought this thread/leaderboard was supposed to be a bit of lighthearted fun?I have great appreciation for the skill/perserverance some people have on here but what brings me back to this thread is the grinding and poor games people play to boost their score. It's a good laugh and sparks some quality banter from the likes of Prinnysquad and Famidude, it would be a shame if we all started getting too serious about it. Only my opinion btw each to their own

Comment

You get out of gamerscore/achievements exactly what you put into it.
      Some people are completionists, some people seek out the hardest games for kudos, some people just want a bigger number.
      All are welcome!

Comment

It's only a number.

I've played loads of crap games for gamerscore but i also played loads of crap games on the ps2/ N64/ Gamecube etc when gamerscore wasn't even there, you will find some games you actually enjoy in the end and it's worth while.

Some of the hyped big games i find more dissapointing as they turn out to be pretty crap, Halo ODST springs to mind.

I still find the time for easy gamerscore games now but still get to play all the other games that i really want to play, i don't see it as a problem.

I spent 120 hours finishing fallout 3 on the x box, i'm not gonna do it all again on the pc so if i get chance to borrow a copy for a day i'll spend 10 mins getting the points.

Anyone want to lend it me? lol

Comment

Originally posted by stevie vip 99 View Post

I spent 120 hours finishing fallout 3 on the x box, i'm not gonna do it all again on the pc so if i get chance to borrow a copy for a day i'll spend 10 mins getting the points.

Anyone want to lend it me? lol
          Pm me your address and you can borrow my copy mate, if anyone else wants a sneaky borrow then I don't mind passing it round.

Comment

I thought the GFW client and serial key locked it to your gamertag? Does it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
              I thought the GFW client and serial key locked it to your gamertag? Does it not?
              No, lent it to Steakman on here and it worked fine mate.

Comment

Oh cool. Always handy to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                  I agree that perseverance and practice will get you plenty of "tough" Achievements like Mile High Club which can be retried almost-instantly, ad infinitum, but there are some that require genuine World-class skill and talent that no amount of practice will bring.

I could play Ikaruga, Raiden IV, DeathSmiles or Mushihimesama Futari until I was blue in the face, but I reckon I'd still have no chance of unlocking every achievement in them. I simply don't have the necessary level of skill/concentration/whatever and never will have.
                  That's kinda what I meant. I *could* get the Mile High Club achievement, but I'd have no fun doing so and would be spending precious time it instead of enjoying a different game.

There are some though that I just cannot do, as Kubrick mentions.

As for the guitar analogy, I see your point but I believe as much as you can learn, you have to have some form of natural talent as well and some have more than others.

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                  Pm me your address and you can borrow my copy mate, if anyone else wants a sneaky borrow then I don't mind passing it round.
                  Charge £3 a pop and we'd all pay I reckon! The times I've looked for Fallout 3 PC at an outrageous price just for the G's...I'd still do it now to be honest, even though I don't "whore" much nowadays.
                  Last edited by Jebus; 13-01-2010, 12:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                    I *could* get the Mile High Club achievement
                    Says you.
                    Prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                      Hmmm shame my PC doesn't have the specs to run it

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                        Charge ?3 a pop and we'd all pay I reckon! The times I've looked for Fallout 3 PC at an outrageous price just for the G's...I'd still do it now to be honest, even though I don't "whore" much nowadays.
                        I'm sending this out to Stevie this week so if you drop him a PM I'm sure he will pass it on to you next.
                        Just to clarify I am willing for this to be passed round to regulars on here for free, I don't mind when I get it back.

Originally posted by Famidude View Post
                        Hmmm shame my PC doesn't have the specs to run it
                        Shame, maybe you should consider upgrading it is 1550gs after all

Comment

Cheaper for peeveen just to add 1550 to everyone's scores, no?

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
                            Says you.
                            Prove it.
                            Lol, you missed off the bit about me wanting to get fun from my games!

Oh and Neil that'd be great, thank you!

Comment

I'm sending it out for Neil tomorrow hopefully. Cheers for the loan mate.

Let's see how many turn to the dark side now it's free lol .

Oh and i 2nd the mile high club achievement 'prove it', smashed a control pad after shooting the hostage 3 times in the face, was euphoric after finally doing it.
                              Last edited by Steakman; 13-01-2010, 16:21.

Comment

I would like a combination of Hulk Davidson and Peeveen's guitar skillage so I could finish off Gh2/3 etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X