Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I first signed up for this a few weeks ago, I thought it'd just be an occasional interesting thing to look at. Now though, I find that I look quite carefully each week as it shows a fascinating insight into mine and everyone elses playing habits. Would still quite like to see a list of what unique achievements everyone has (I know its very big however so cant be a weekly thing).

This week, I continued playing Kameo due to wanting the achievements and I'm really glad I did. Its only when chasing the A ranks on each level does this game really come into its own. Chaining combos using multiple elemental forms (love setting Deep Blue's oil spill alight with Ash for a crispy Troll sandwich ) is the true raison d'etre of this game. Without achievements I would never have bothered this far and would definitely have missed out.

Other thing this week is I got a copy of Xbox Arcade Unplugged which features 6 full XBLA games (not bad deal when you consider I got the lot for ?6.99) and discovered Geometry Wars. I've never played the original or the demo, so this hit me hard and I can see why everyone raves on about how addictive it is - I'm almost at the point of buying it from XBLA just so that its on my hard drive and I dont have to use to the disc to play it everytime!

Not tried any of the other games except for Wik yet, but looking forward to trying them all this week.

- Oscar

Comment

Whore of the week!

I feel so ashamed i rinsed Fifa RTWC for the 1000 points. I will be playing mostly Forza now though so the points will dry up (although i'm borrowing NBA 2k6 for a couple of hours at some point).

Comment

Yeah i noticed that Gradius, still i'm happy that i got 2nd for the week, was hoping to get over 1000 from Call Of Duty 2 (cracking game by the way for anyone who's not tried it - not an easy 1000 but easily the most satisfying so far) and Ridge Racer, but didn't get the online parts of Ridge done.

Still, i'll take 2nd for the week and 2nd in the % completion (i was top with 89% until i opened Hitman last night - i didn't want to deprive peeveen of his first place ).

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
          (although i'm borrowing NBA 2k6 for a couple of hours at some point).
          That's currently sat on my shelf waiting to be rinsed!

Comment

That's currently sat on my shelf waiting to be rinsed!
            You mean to say that you're having trouble finding a spare 20 minutes?

Comment

lol. Well I had one go at it quickly and was advised to set the quarters to 12 mins to make it easier. I had a right game actually scoring anything! Only played it the once though and was sneezing my head off at the time, so will give it another look.

But finding 20 mins is hard when you have Shadowrun and Forza to play!

I suppose I could have used the time I wasted on Battlestations Midway last night instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                Would still quite like to see a list of what unique achievements everyone has (I know its very big however so cant be a weekly thing).
                I'm still pretty interested in this, sure it'll be a lengthy list but if its in a text file this doesn't really matter?

Comment

Thing is, it's not one text file ... it's one file per person.
                  Tell ye what, I'll stick 'em all in a zip file, and anyone who wants it can PM me. And if anyone wants to host it and post a URL, so much the better.

Comment

If you can email it to me please Steve and I'll host it somewhere here, cheers.

Comment

So far I've managed to resist getting any of those well known whoring games (just got hold of Enchanted Arms so thats my next game), but considering I made a little wager with a friend on reaching 20,000 points before the end of the year, we shall see how long my resolve holds up!

- Oscar

Comment

I've sent the "unique" list to DH for hosting, but in doing so, spotted a bit of an error in the data ... in some cases, a "Secret Achievement" is being treated as a separate achievement from the actual "revealed" name of the achievement ... not sure why, but will fix it soon.
                        In the meantime, the data is "mainly" right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gradius View Post
                          Whore of the week!

I feel so ashamed i rinsed Fifa RTWC for the 1000 points. I will be playing mostly Forza now though so the points will dry up (although i'm borrowing NBA 2k6 for a couple of hours at some point).
                          Do you feel dirty??

Go and scrub yourself!

Comment

I'll upload it when I get home (can't do it at work) and post a link, thanks peeveen.

Comment

EDIT: link removed, see post 379 below

Everyone has a page, if yours is blank you have no unique achievements sorry.
                              Last edited by VR46; 19-06-2007, 12:11.

Comment

Can I join in please. Believeddog is my gamertag.

Comment

Working...
                                X