Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind Chunkster, you're 2nd in percentages and 4th in average achievement weight ... the two stats that count!

Comment

I'm not even bothered about the points anymore, i'm too addicted to cod 4 MP!

Comment

Ive been playing the Wii much more recently, still only 54 stars into Mario Galaxy

Been playing........the bee game too, its actually ok, not easy to rinse the points either but im enjoying playing that to make a change for the mindless killing and shooting i normally play.

Not even touched Orange Box for weeks

Comment

Top spot for Average Achievement Weight. I was only 4th under the old system (and miles behind the top places). How have things changed so dramatically? Is it tied to completion percentage now or do I have lots of "rare" achievements or something?

Anyway, I'm (still) mostly playing Ace Combat 6, so I can't see me earning many points this week.

Comment

And I've dropped from about sixth to fifteenth \o/

Comment

I've been trying to go for points whilst I'm off work, but Beowulf is actually bloody hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post
                Top spot for Average Achievement Weight. I was only 4th under the old system (and miles behind the top places). How have things changed so dramatically? Is it tied to completion percentage now or do I have lots of "rare" achievements or something?
                The AAW is basically your old weightedscore expressed as a percentage of your gamerscore, so not much has changed really. It's meant as an indication of how you compare against people who have played the same games as you. The old weightedscore didn't really represent that.

Comment

I'm just about avoiding buying unlocking all the arcade games at the moment for point whoring.. I... might.. just... give.. in...

Comment

I've been asked to explain what the AverageAchievementWeight table (which replaced the WeightedGamerscore chart) is all about ...

WeightedGamerscore took each achievement that you had and figured out what percentage of OTHER players of that game DID NOT have that achievement (only counting games for which there were two or more players). The value of the achievement was then multiplied by that percentage, and the sum of all weighted scores became your weighted gamerscore.

I originally added the WeightedGamerscore table in response to people asking to see a chart where “easy” games (Madden, Kong, etc) were removed. I decided that the concept of “easiness” was too subjective, and would require manual administration from me (I’m too lazy for that), so this dynamic “weighting” thing was done.

The WeightedGamerscore chart recently changed to the AverageAchievementWeight chart, cos it occurred to me that someone could have 60,000 points and an average weight of 25%, whereas another person could have 20,000 and an average weight of 60%, and the better “weight” would appear lower in the chart. I figured that the people who had originally asked for this chart were really more interested in the percentage value.

The new AverageAchievementWeight is just what it says. It basically shows how your weighted gamerscore compares to your normal gamerscore, and is a numeric indication of how you match up against the other people in the list, but only in the games that YOU have played.

Basically:

AverageAchievementWeight = (WeightedGamerscore / NormalGamerscore) * 100

So if you wanna know what your old WeightedGamerscore was, multiply your normal gamerscore by the percentage.

If anyone wants the old table back, or has any better suggestions for meaningful stats, let me know.

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

Any chance of any kind of weighting based on the PEGI age rating of a game?

Comment

Would it be possible to incorporate the achievement difficulty for a specific game into the leader board?

Sites like http://www.achieve360points.com and http://www.achievementaddict.com/ have difficulty ratings for each game.

Comment

No, they don't rate all games, and sometimes people on this board play games that are too new to be rated, and one mans easy game is another mans difficult game, and sometimes a game has 90% easy achievements but the other 10% are rock hard, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Too subjective.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              Never seen that site before like the idea of this page

though it is woefully lacking in updatedness (tm)
                              Last edited by VR46; 07-12-2007, 12:13. Reason: peeveen teh Mavis Beacon of the gaming forum :p

Comment

http://www.achieve360points.com/list you can sort by difficulty and see what you want to whore next.

Comment

Working...
                                X