This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
    MikeF good work on completing GoW2, how on Earth did you manage to get from Level 50 to Level 100 in one week ?
    Cheated, innit.

Comment

Wait, how come my overall percentage is still at 70% despite the fact that I've recently got a game on there with only 20 out of the 100 achievements achieved?

Comment

I believe any games with less than 5% of gamerscore earned don't count towards the completion percentage.

Comment

I missed the Famidood episode - why did he flip out? I know the man was pushing the points whoring envelope further than even I dare, did he finally crack up?

Comment

Cavalcade- FammyDodD having a girlie strop is an alternate week thing. It is a well known fact he hates all games but is a cheap whore. He's a bit like a thermostat. He games and games and when he can't take it anymore (largely due to the **** quality of games which dish out easy points) he strops and claims he's giving up gaming.
            After about 1 week of being mardy his tolerance threshold drops below the necessary level and he plans his next assault.
            Expect to see a 2000 point week within the next month especially as I've just passed his gamerscore after he whored past mine. (I will admit to taking drastic measures to surpass him again though. Not Avatar though - that's really cheap.)

Comment

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
              (I will admit to taking drastic measures to surpass him again though. Not Avatar though - that's really cheap.)
              NHL 2K6, Lost and CSI! You cheap TART!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
                I missed the Famidood episode - why did he flip out? I know the man was pushing the points whoring envelope further than even I dare, did he finally crack up?
                As Plough Boy says, this is the second or third time FAmmYdoDD has 'given up games' as a result of being stealthily overtaken on his gamerscore.

He overtook me twice only for the big guns to be wheeled out (NHL 2K6, etc) until i sneaked past him again. When he noticed this, he then went off on one about 'not enjoying gaming anymore' and shoved loads of his games on a sales thread. About a week later he'd overtook me again and declared that Plough Boy was his next target. After a while he overtook him and led by about 3000 points. Thinking he was safe, he spent time actually gaming and trying to enjoy things. The masterplan was hatched that over Easter, vanpeebles and I would lend Plough Boy our most lurid 1000g games, and he was to work offline until he had overtaken FaMMYdodD. He did just that (for the most part) and BLAM! He now leads FaMMYDODd by over 1500g.

FAMmydoDD noticed this, so Plough Boy and I laughed about it a bit. Cue FamMYDodD saying 'I'm selling all my games' and 'I don't enjoy gaming anymore' and the usual crap. That's why a 'new, tidied up thread' of FAmMy-cRaP had appeared in the sales thread.

Dummy Spat.

Pet Lip Lowered.

We're awaiting a new assault of crap games by FAMmydoDD when his mind regroups and he tries to whore big time again...

Comment

You know that song "Smelly Cat" that Phoebe from Friends sang? It scans really well if you replace "Smelly Cat" with "Fammy Dodd".

Link.

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
                    Wait, how come my overall percentage is still at 70% despite the fact that I've recently got a game on there with only 20 out of the 100 achievements achieved?
                    I don't quite understand the question. Did you expect it to go up or down? You percentage decreased a fraction of percent from last week, and about 2% from the week before.

The overall percentage is calculated by (x/y*100), where:
                    x=the number of points you have.
                    y=the maximum number of points you COULD have.

There's a small caveat: it ignores games where you have less than 5% of the maximum gamerscore AND haven't played in over a month. This way, you don't get penalised for giving up on games that you have tried out but decided that you didn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
                      Cheated, innit.
                      No not cheated, glitched it and then glitched it back to the rank I was

7 million xp needed for 100 - yeah right I am getting that

Comment

I would just like to defend myself against these strop accusations.

As explained to those Otter boys, I've decided to concentrate on playing the games I want to and finishing off titles I've started and then left.

Once that's done I *MAY* skank the odd game for the G, but at this moment in time it's a no no.

Expect lots of really low scoring weeks for the forseeable future.

P.S. I could get about 5000G over the weekend IF I wanted but just can't be arsed!!!

Comment

That's all level headed but nothing like the strop at the time.

The fact that you've looked around your games and identified the fact that you've got 5000G worth of crapfests, and keeping them reserve, is proof enough that the pointwhore crusade is STILL in your mind. It CONFIRMS that you spat your dummy the other night when you noticed that Plough Boy had a bigger number than you. If you truly wanted to play games for enjoyment, the 5000G reserve wouldn't even enter your thoughts.

Comment

Nope, it just includes games I've not got round to playing yet.

Anyway before I even consider whoring again I have 1000G to get on the following:

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 & 2
                            PES2009
                            EDF
                            Onechanbara

Which as you should know are all games I like AND take a long time to get the points off.

Comment

But you're still thinking in terms of MAX G.

A gamer playing games for the sake of enjoying games wouldn't specifically bleed out some of the achievements necessary for a 1000G. You need to plan and prepare some of the Gs to get 1K in most games.

You're still whoring, under the smokescreen of playing games naturally.

Comment

Hence this weeks total haul of 0G

Comment

Working...
                                X