Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Viva Pinata 1000pts now, the 50 hour achievement seems to take forever (well 50 hours to be precise).

Where is a good place to rent games online? I havn't whored King Kong yet!

Comment

I personally use swapgame.com, very good service, there's a few sites listed in this thread

Comment

My gamer-tag is Leonard Lau.
        My best achievement? 1000/1000 on Ridge Racer 6!
        Bollocks. That's me off the Roster Of Champions for that game, then ... really couldn't be bothered trying for the last 3 achievements.

E.T. owned
        "It was my cousins best friends brother in laws sisters dog who unlocked it for me"
        Tut tut!!!

if(strUserName.Equals("Leonard Lau"))
        nScore*=0.995;

PS. All this talk of score-whoring from everyone ... you might be interested to know that the next run of the stats program will also compile a "Weighted Gamerscore" table, which basically reduces the value of achievements depending on how easy they are to get. Watch this space.
        Last edited by peeveen; 01-02-2007, 16:08.

Comment

the 500 point achievement from Fifa FTWC Germany might sound like easy points but them challenges are fooking hard man, ive done about 4 of the 20 required and they took a fair old few goes and much abuse at the tv, the least enjoyed challenge to get points ive had so far. On my way to getting condemmed completed tho, stuck on final boss atm but missed some metal and birds so will have to replay it again

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
            Bollocks. That's me off the Roster Of Champions for that game, then ... really couldn't be bothered trying for the last 3 achievements.
            To be honest, when I got Ridge Racer 6 on import back in December two days after the UK launch, it was the only game I played until Oblivion came out. The only game hence the reason why I managed to rank 31st on the World Ranking at one point in late January/early February (UK number one too!) and get the no-crash achievement.

It is still my favourite Xbox 360 title and it shows.

Originally posted by peeveen
            PS. All this talk of score-whoring from everyone ... you might be interested to know that the next run of the stats program will also compile a "Weighted Gamerscore" table, which basically reduces the value of achievements depending on how easy they are to get. Watch this space.
            Considering I haven't got any of the EA Sports (FIFA, Madden, NBA) or 2K Sports (NBA, NHL) games where you can gain a very easy 1000, that is a great idea especially when some people do rent or buy those games for a boost in the gamer-score.

A good idea indeed.

p.s. Am I going to be put up on the leaderboard or not?

Comment

p.s. Am I going to be put up on the leaderboard or not?
              Of course! All are welcome!

It's getting busy in here ...

Comment

Why do achievements need to be weighted? If you get them, you get them. Madden might have been an easy 1000/1000 but everyone has the same opportunity to get them as one another? What about the people who already have them as well, ie got them when they came out?

I don't get the problem, gamerscore is gamerscore. You can't cheat your way to get more. You either unlock achievements or you don't, regardless of ease of getting them?

For the record, the 30 years of franchise was easy but mind-blowingly dull. Must have taken 4/5 hours over the two days.

Comment

Calm down, man ... it's not replacing the main scoreboard, it's an extra table that I'm calculating by request. Feel free to dismiss it.

Comment

Going to split this thread a bit later, so we can have a Leaderboards only thread and a chat one (as Marty did with the Marketplace stuff).

Comment

Thought this was probably the best place to ask this...

Is there any way we can have a leaderboard for NTSC members' 360 Arcade game scores? (I'm thinking in terms of accessing the data from Live rather than everyone just posting what they've got).

I have my friends list but am curious to see the scores of other NTSCers without having to scroll through thousands of names on Live!

Comment

You talking hi-scores by title rather than gamerscore ? if so I had thought of starting a thread couple of weeks back, but it sounded a very big job tbh.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking hi-scores by title. It does sound like a big job but I was hoping someone might have the technical know-how to make it an ickle bitty job!

Comment

If you can find the data somewhere on xbox.com (or any other site), I can half-inch it for the stats, but I don't think it's available.

Comment

I've never seen any Arcade game hi-scores live data on my travels tbh, my idea was the good old fashioned way of people posting their own scores.

Comment

Hmm. Might have to do it the old fashioned way after all.

And in gamerscore news, thought these two stories might be of interest:

New gamerscore policy

Microsoft points for gamerpoints

Comment

Working...
                                X