Gears of War: Co-op/Match Arranging Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huxley
    And dont forget the new rules for you online mate.
    ONLY ONE THUMB! you pwaning bastard!
    (cheers for the pointers)
    Cheers, but I'm not that good!

Play a few more sessions with people here and you'll be amazed at how much you improve. It was the same with Halo 2. Every new player was fodder for a game or two, but playing with decent opponents sharpens you up pretty quickly.

Comment

Did I miss everyone last night? Just me and tbm playing a little bit of co-op. I hate those wretches.

@tbm - did you loose chat functionality? I couldn't hear you at all after a while - not sure if you could hear me.

Comment

Been able to revive you mates also makes for some great games.

We played a game of "assassination" last night and with me as the leader and the match poised at 2 - 2 I managed to get myself downed, I thought the game was lost and it was all my fault until someone revived me, I got a kill and it left the lads to go off and carve up the general for the win.

It`s a nice touch and really adds something extra to the experience where not taking the oppertunity to administer the coup de grace really can turn the tide of a match back and forth.

[QUOTE=Bleeders]That is useful, you have to be within a certain window to do that and I think it's done by double-pressing A and holding the second press, isn't it?[QUOTE]

Your player will do the slide to cover anytime by tapping "A" aslong as the distance between you and the cover isn`t far enough for him to perform a commando roll.

Another little tip although it is mentioned on the GoW loading screens is if when you are in cover but standing up, clicking the left c-stick will make your player crouch.
        Last edited by Nembot; 16-11-2006, 10:16.

Comment

That was a colossal match.

I remembered in one particular round, none of us died. So everyone's game definitely improves somewhat.

Comment

At one point it was Scotland Vs England last night (Myself, Camster, RTC and Tikka) despite Tikka's n00b-factor he picked it up very quickly (he had literally just booted the game and got chucked in at the deep end).

Superb session - I can't remember who but on the first MP level that end where (I think it was Chopemon) was on his knees with 4 of us stood round him revving the chainsaws - We were laughing so hard.

That's the thing with this game - it's so much fun I find myself smiling/grinning the whole time.

Easily game of the year.

Comment

You can't buy moments like that, it's what really makes this game a joy to play online and with others you regularly game with too.

Comment

Originally posted by Byg
                @tbm - did you loose chat functionality? I couldn't hear you at all after a while - not sure if you could hear me.
                yep, was cutting out quite a bit, had the same problem with spatial later on as well. 1 of those nights. (btw, sorry john for the declined co-op invite, was in a sesh with byg at the time & soz for missing your message robbie)

some good games last night, i think spatial enjoyed my patented method for dealing with corpsers

hoping to get some deathmatch experience soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                  Superb session - I can't remember who but on the first MP level that end where (I think it was Chopemon) was on his knees with 4 of us stood round him revving the chainsaws - We were laughing so hard.
                  oh yeah, chuckles all round mate

some great moments last night

i was just thinking 'those bitches'

i have tomorrow booked off and plan to be on this and COD3 all day

Comment

This game is great,

I came on last night against some veterans and after a couple of questions was griding people into hotdogs in no time.

Minced up two opponents within a couple of seconds and my wee dude took a hairy and started beating his chest and ****, fragged nige with an uber nade from way down town!

Can see this dominating my online time.

Tbh I didn't see much skill reqirements other than some great snipes from Yosh/Nige, but then maybe who I played were all ****, maybe I'm the best,

maybe this is smack talk and you should all bring it MOFO's!!

Comment

i didn't get on till much later than i'd have liked last night. Accepted Soi's invite, and was told to insedt game disc - tis ****ing in there you stoopid machine i shouts back, annoyed at having to get up and eject then close the tray again - by the time it booted up i was too late

Have just finished a first to 12 rounds on escalation, went to 11 - 11 and i was the only locust left, with just 1 cog - me sniping, cog darting in and out of cover, blind firing with machine gun, - i takes my time.......misses and when reloading the ****er sniped me- aarrrrggghh - i didn't expect him to even have the SR - gutted but fantastic match ( all yanks too ) and it took well over an hour, perfect connection and had such a good time

definately up for some more with you fellas tonight - tho i've only played on a few of the maps, it doesn't take as long as i thought it would to get used to them - certainly a brutal game to get into tho, tis hard on us newb's

Comment

I personally think the important thing to remember with Gears, is that you should only break cover when you need to. Basically, n00bs running round like headless chickens will die, quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                          I can't seem to join any games of Yoshimax's.

After twiddling with my settings got to join but then you guys couldn't hear me, it must be one of the scots who has a moderate connection coliding with my unpredictable net.

Or it could be from the negative feedback I gave Gerry when I deleleted him.....
                          Dont worry I'll soon return the favour, any update on when your getting a proper connection ?

If Yoshi's not on I'll try hosting see if you can join, no fun winding you up when i can't get your reaction ?

I'll be on from 5:30 for some chainsaw on chainsaw action

Comment

I'd add to the above that you also need to keep moving. It is one thing to be in cover, but if you stay put you'll only get flanked and shotty'd or sawed up close.

I've got a lot of kills by rushing around/behind the other team and then picking them off up close. Pace surprises people, especially early on in the game. If you are going to move though, keep out of the open.

Comment

I'll be on later. My eyes feel bruised from my 15 hour marathon sesh yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
                                Some f**king killer games though, guys (Chopemon, Yoshi, Nembot, Roboslider, Bignige). Best fun had in ages.
                                It was great. Thank you all!

Assassination is superb!

Comment

Working...
                                X