This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
    Look, bottom line is this : You are either in or out.
    Like I said, OUT!

I sincerely hope Mrs Jebus is ok but, you did have time to say "That`s out of order" (or words to that effect) before leaving because you thought that Rubiq allowed a downed player to get back up before killing him, I can assure you that he didn`t mean to do it so maybe it is you that should get their facts right before calling me a c**t! The lad hadn`t played for weeks and commented several times that he was unsure about the buttons for the game.

What my motto has to do with anything I don`t know and also my private messages to you are exactly that, private, but for the record I was mearly stating how pissed off I was with not being able to have 4 players that I can 100% rely upon being available for a game but that point is moot now anyway.

I`ll no longer be playing in the league as I mentioned but anytime you want a game Bignige gimme a shout if you fancy a little friendly battle.

I entered this league with the intent of having fun, with the lads that I have banter with on this forum and who I`ve played with before on other games, but there`s nothing wrong with wanting to win is there? If playing and losing is still so much fun then why did you find it such a problem, Ad?

Infact, don`t answer that. I just wanna forget all about it and with all this bad feeling it can only have a negative affect on the players that remain.

GL & HF!

Comment

Cut out the swearing and bum gags people, this isn't the school playground.

Originally posted by Jebus
      Can they ban someone who's paid for a subscription then?
      Yes, normal forum rules apply.

Comment

Man o Man.
        When I play gears, a few people might back me up here.
        I LOVE a bit of last man downing action, I just take piss right outta them, stick a smoke on thier head, ride em like seabiscuit, spitroasting you name it.
        It's hilarious, let someone get up only for you to down them again and then shoot them in the face hell even vice versa when you get cocky you let them up and they shoot you in the face, it's funny ****.
        I love a bit of showboating action!
        Remember guys..
        Last edited by Family Fry; 02-04-2007, 08:59.

Comment

All posts from last night = LOL

You would think you were organising/playing for the premier league in this thread.

This has been the funniest competition Evar on NTSC,

Comment

Gears would not be Gears without the occasional smoke tagging a downed guy.

Comment

the host getting 20 kills a game in a ranked match isn`t rare
              we were just fortunate that he was on fire and he was the host at the same time
              Pardon my ignorance (I've played like 3 multiplayer games of GoW since I got it), but what difference does being the host make?

Comment

Originally posted by peeveen View Post
                Pardon my ignorance (I've played like 3 multiplayer games of GoW since I got it), but what difference does being the host make?
                The difference is your shotgun, ends up being a super gun!

Comment

and turns Yoshi into a good player

Comment

Originally posted by RustyS Badge View Post
                    and turns Yoshi into a good player
                    Nah, that's just crazy talk!

Comment

The difference is your shotgun, ends up being a super gun!
                      Eh?!? So basically, this Gears Of War, held high as a mighty bastion of multiplayer excellence, is totally broken?

Comment

Eh?!? So basically, this Gears Of War, held high as a mighty bastion of multiplayer excellence, is totally broken?
                        who on earth does that? I thought the general consensus was overall the MP portion is a little limited. Dont get me wrong it does what it does well enough but no party system, clans, few maps... only one gametype worth playing.. its a long way from MP excellence tbh

edit: or shoudl that be disclaimer... probably read far too much into that statement
                        Last edited by RustyS Badge; 02-04-2007, 09:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Nembot View Post
                          Like I said, OUT!

I sincerely hope Mrs Jebus is ok but, you did have time to say "That`s out of order" (or words to that effect) before leaving because you thought that Rubiq allowed a downed player to get back up before killing him, I can assure you that he didn`t mean to do it so maybe it is you that should get their facts right before calling me a c**t! The lad hadn`t played for weeks and commented several times that he was unsure about the buttons for the game.

What my motto has to do with anything I don`t know and also my private messages to you are exactly that, private, but for the record I was mearly stating how pissed off I was with not being able to have 4 players that I can 100% rely upon being available for a game but that point is moot now anyway.

I`ll no longer be playing in the league as I mentioned but anytime you want a game Bignige gimme a shout if you fancy a little friendly battle.

If playing and losing is still so much fun then why did you find it such a problem, Ad?

Infact, don`t answer that. I just wanna forget all about it and with all this bad feeling it can only have a negative affect on the players that remain.

GL & HF!
                          You're out, why post the rest of that? Let it GO man.

The problem I have with losing is the manner in which we lost, you never even told me who your team were on a permanent basis. You then wanted to be locust even though you were supposed to be Cog (after we'd spent 30+ minutes practicing as Locust) and you never even told us who the host was until afterwards, let alone who the host was going to be in your matches full stop.

If playing and losing is so much fun? You clearly have no idea of just playing for fun, I've had some ****ing hilarious matches where we've been beaten easily, it was still fun. I know you with your 1000/1000 find it extremely hard to comprehend but you don't have to win for it to be a good laugh and fun.

They weren't private messages by the way, they were messages sent over live. Perhaps I shouldn't have posted them publically but then you shouldn't have been speaking about your team like that behind their backs, especially when said team then went on to include someone who nearly got 30 kills and every other played (except one) got 10 or thereabouts.

Rubiq was clearly joking about the buttons, hence you all laughing every time he said it.

Oh and your motto to me proves that you aren't interested in the fun at all, just winning, as you said to me yourself in that live mesage you sent.

There is NO way that being host gives you an extra 20 kills, sorry but thats bull****, whatever you think...(before you post about how many hours you've played it, I don't care, I've played it a ****load too, and never encountered anyone getting +20 kills easily cos of hosting). You are better suited to ranked matches, that's the truth because you only care about winning...some of your comments are the first 3 rounds at 3-0 were unpleasant and made it no fun for the opposition, though that clearly doesn't matter.

You're out, so you're out, you won't hold the other people in here to ransom. If you can't grow a set of balls and continue because of one little disagreement then I feel sorry for you. In my honest opinion you are taking a bit of fun FAR too seriously and would have been a lot better off getting over it and looking forward to the next match. Also, you won, you don't see me quitting because I felt that it's unfair you have a member that good hosting, but then that's the difference between you and I, I guess.

I trust that now this will be the end of this conversation since you've clearly stated twice you're out (unless you grow up and decide to continue rather than attempt to destroy something because you've had a little row with someone), so you've no need to provoke matters further by posting in a thread you aren't involved in...I'd certainly appreciate that as I'm sure everyone else would (despite how obviously hilarious this must be to everyone else!!)
                          Last edited by Jebus; 02-04-2007, 10:03.

Comment

If the host has a decent connection then the advantage isn't huge. It is still there, but it doesn't break the game.

Comment

Yes yes yes, now please both of yous , shut up!

Comment

who on earth does that? I thought the general consensus was overall the MP portion is a little limited
                                Sorry, it's just the impression I got ... when it first came out, everyone on my friends list was listed as being in "Gears Of War, Execution, Canals", or somesuch, for weeks on end ... couldn't get a game of CoD3 for love nor money.

Comment

Working...
                                X