This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class R2:

0.50.887 - Saleen S7R - Senna - MikeSlayer1 (All off/ Manual)

Don't think I can go much lower than that. ^^ TheForce - Sub 50 seconds - incredible

Comment

1.05.466 - Fairlady Z - DavidHolliss - Holliss360 (All off/Manual)

0.58.612 - Corvette Z06 - DavidHolliss - Holliss360 (All off/Manual)

0.50.799 - Maserati C12 - DavidHolliss - Holliss360 (All off/Manual)
      Last edited by VR46; 13-05-2007, 21:46. Reason: updated A Class time

Comment

1.06.278 - Fairlady Z - talizker - talizker (All off/Manual)

I've had a handful of laps where I was half a second up at the final split but I am really struggling to be consistant(ly fast) through the final two corners. Man I love this game!
        Last edited by talizker; 15-05-2007, 07:27. Reason: Updated time

Comment

Xzone seems to be the first person to get into the 1:02's in the Fairlady

Have some slightly better times to add myself and will update leaderboard in the morning.

Comment

Two more small improvements, just about hit my limit now.

1.05.203 - Fairlady Z - DavidHolliss - Holliss360 (All off/Manual)

0.50.504 - Maserati C12 - DavidHolliss - Holliss360 (All off/Manual)

Leaderboard updated.

Comment

Class A:

0.58.803 - Corvette Z06 - Senna - MikeSlayer1 (All off/ Manual)

Class C:

1.05.608 - Nissan Fairlady Z - Senna - MikeSlayer1 (All off/ Manual)

Think that's about it for me. I can see small improvements but not much. Judging by some of the times here though, there could be some pretty good races between ntsc-uk'ers on Live.
              Last edited by Senna; 15-05-2007, 17:57. Reason: settings again

Comment

Seriously. Where's that extra 2 seconds coming from?

Comment

0.50.462 - Saleen S7R - Senna - MikeSlayer1 (All off/ Manual)

Thats about as fast as I go. I cant see where I am going to improve on that. Its the quick second last corner which is the one I reckon you can make up lots of time in.

^^ A 1:02.8 in the Fairlady? How the hell did he manage that?

Comment

1.07.364 in the fairlady Z with assists on (except line).

darksavior - booyabase

Comment

1.10.617 - Fairlady Z - copperband - copperband (everything on/auto)

I am seriously wondering where I am going so wrong with this,tried it with the assists off and found myself so ragged that the times got worse, perhaps I need to give manual gears a try?

Comment

Yeah, give manual gears a try, but don't think you'll be better straight away.

Are you sliding? You should be aiming to be not quite sliding everywhere. Or locking up the brakes.

Comment

Sure I got down to the high 1:07's using all assists and Auto - would say start with everything on, turn assists off one at a time and as a final thing change to manual.

Comment

Good advice Gents, I will try and get a couple of secs off my time first then with all assists on. I think I am perhaps sliding too much from pushing too hard and being too ragged from late breaking,etc. In motorracing it's all about the right line an smooth driving, something my laps are devoid of at times

Comment

Just watched the video, he really is very smooth on his lap, barely any skids or lock ups, very neat on entry and exit of corners

Out of interest, for those using manual gears do you use the gear changes to help slow you down or just the brakes? If I was driving my road car fast towards say a roundabout I would always use the gears to assist with slowing the car, ie change from 4 to 2 (not using 3rd).This is how I was taught to drive on my advanced driving test and I use it all the time.Does the game faithfully represent the in game equivilent of this?

Also are you pulling the brake trigger full on,pumping the breaks or just partially squeezing the trigger to apply some but not all braking force?
                              Last edited by copperband; 16-05-2007, 10:13.

Comment

I'm partly squeezing to a point at which I know it's about to lock because last lap it locked when I went further. I'm not getting ultimately quick laps though.

With gear changes, I wait till the brakes are on and then bang them down over the course of the braking zone so it's in the right gear when I reach the turn in point. Any quicker and it will lock up the wheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X