• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotr Online

Just a quick one.

Anyone play this here?

What you think of it?

Wife got me it last night for early bday present and I think its quiet fun!

I'm on Snow Server, Or something Snow.

Anyone fancy playing?

Snowbound.

I'm on the Eldar server, it's very good if a little repetitive. I can't play it for hugely extended periods but I've still put in quite a few hours. I have a level 23 Champion and a 34 Minstral.

Some of the dungeons\instances are really intense so its definately worth sticking with.

Comment

I'm on the Eldar server too.

This is the first online game I've ever played and I absolutely love it (mind blown by the sheer scale and activity going on, coupled with a fair liking of Tolkien). I have a level 13 hunter, in a kinship with a couple of mates from work.

Comment

How much is this per month? and what kind of Pcs are you peeps using? tia

Comment

?8 a month.

My PC has (from the Dell website);

Base: Intel? Viiv? Core? 2 Duo E6320 Processor (2.13GHz,1066MHz,4MB cache)

Memory: 1024MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x512]

Video Card: 256MB nVidia? GeForce 8600GTS graphics card

Hard Drive: 320GB Serial ATA RAID 0 Stripe [2x160GB 7200rpm drives with DataBurst? cache]

Comment

Got this recently though only just started, im debating my choice of character still so may start a new one on one of the servers you guys use.

Comment

It took me quite awhile to really get into this, mostly it felt like a chore early on but the other day it all just started to click and im completely addicted to it, was up until 5am last night, everytime you intend to finish something off and then call it a day you spot something else and just keep going.

Just finished Book 1 and had my first meeting with Gandalf, the last Instance of Book 1 was ace and I ended up repeating it for others about 4 times.

Im now closing in on lvl 24 Champion on the Eldar server, name is Toraoh and im currently Kinless, hoping to find a good one to join and not too demanding.

Comment

Must resist.

It's a good job my PC can't run this.

Comment

Just reminded me that Codemasters are doing a free three day trial of this, no credit card details etc needed, simply download and play for 72 hours.

PM me if interested and I'll forward on the email - there may even be details on codemasters.co.uk ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewl View Post
                    It took me quite awhile to really get into this, mostly it felt like a chore early on but the other day it all just started to click and im completely addicted to it, was up until 5am last night, everytime you intend to finish something off and then call it a day you spot something else and just keep going.

Just finished Book 1 and had my first meeting with Gandalf, the last Instance of Book 1 was ace and I ended up repeating it for others about 4 times.

Im now closing in on lvl 24 Champion on the Eldar server, name is Toraoh and im currently Kinless, hoping to find a good one to join and not too demanding.
                    The game just gets better and better all the time. I'm a lvl 29 hunter on the Eldar server and you'd be more than welcome to join our kinship (faily laid back, not too serious). This is my first foray into pc/online gaming and I haven't bought or played a console game since.

Comment

Well, I just looked on the back of the box at the screenshots and then put it back without even checking the spec.

Comment

Im not too sure how high spec this game is, it looks really good but on my pc it runs so smooth and my graphics card is old, an x800 ati.

Compared to say Vanguard which on my same system was awful, terrible performance and it didnt even look as good, so I think lotro must just be very well balanced and optimized.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          The game just gets better and better all the time. I'm a lvl 29 hunter on the Eldar server and you'd be more than welcome to join our kinship (faily laid back, not too serious). This is my first foray into pc/online gaming and I haven't bought or played a console game since.
                          Whats your character name, I will add you to my friend list.

I got invited to a Kinship called Nightmare on Elf Street which is quite good, no one in there has hit level 50 yet and they have a good range of levels.

Have now managed to get level 30 Champion and finished Book III.

Comment

Nice one. I just hit lvl 31 (tons of XP in certain North Downs quests). My character name is Thirlmir (I'll add you to my list too).

Comment

cool

I'm a level 26!

I play it very casual which rocks, I hate mmorpg where you must spend 8+ hours a day to get anywhere or raid.

But this you can still play casual and enjoy and join in everything.

Join Snowbound with me!!

I wont be on weekend, damit! but I will be all next week!
                              Oh and spec, are u guys crazy? My pc is so ****e it runs it all in high nearly smooth as hell, just stutters a bit loading a new area! Thats all
                              XP3000
                              1gig ram
                              R9800XT

Well **** pc lol still runs games like a beut!

Comment

Working...
                              X