NTSC F-Zero GX Time Attack Leaderboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidFallows
    Cheers for that mate - how do you take the last straight though? Do you power-up to full whilst boosting ONCE or do you 'shimmy-shimmy' the boost-pads with re-filling?
    Power-up to full whilst boosting once.

I tried the 'shimmy-shimmy' about a week ago and my times weren't as good. Probably improved my technique since then, so can't be sure if it wouldn't improve the time even more. Will give it a go this Evening.

Comment

I've been thinking about it here at work - first thing I'm going to do is try and hit the first pad adjacent to the start of the pit and then lean left without losing too much acceleration. Prob curve right after the boost pad at the bottom of the ramp and then left into the second pad at the top therefore already facing the pit-lane.

Better get home now before I start getting tired.

Comment

Just to show I can push it just a little more heh

Vegas Palace (split oval) - 53"427 - Jewel Bruiser-V2

I reckon I can go below 53" if I can implement all the little tricks I've discovered for this track...
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Aeropolis (Dragon Slope) - 2'49"863 - Blast Jaguar-Z - PH

Beating the SG on this track by 0'09"213

I think maybe a 12 second beating is possible.

Comment

So, could you guys give me tips on two tracks. The first Aeropolis and the second track on the second cup? I just seem to be losing so much time. Short cuts?

Comment

I think I need Fat Shark to explore how it handles on certain tracks. I seem to be going for the "perfection of racing very, very fast" at the moment

Mute City (sonic oval) - 48"243 - Jewel Bruiser-V2

Still a second behind the ghost... I can keep up with it on the first lap and then it just zooms off into the distance.

On the other hand, it's demolition time on one ghost 8)

Cosmo Terminal - 2'55"677 - Jewel Bruiser-V2

Was a second behind after the first lap, then just raped it over the next two, it just couldn't keep up with the sickness in speed...

Comment

UPDATED! - nice times you two. 8)

Unfortunately I couldn't seem to pull off the flying trick at all last night on Split Oval. I packed in trying after half an hour. ft: You know it's a bad call when you can't even keep up with your own 3 ghosts after the first series of boosts - god knows what I was doing when they were recorded.

I then gave Lateral Shift an hours worth of bashing - I didn't finish once! This track is pure suicide if you push it too much.

Tonight I'm returning to Thunder Road, then I'm going to try some of the other tracks that I haven't bothered with previously such as Phantom Road and Double Branches. I might try improving my Intersection time also.

Story mode missions #7, #8 and #9 are impossible on v.hard. Has anyone else attempted these yet? I'd say the easiest out of the three is #9 - After an hour of beating the ghost only half way around lap 1 I resorted to the 'snake' technique and got a little further on my first attempt - you have to be bloody careful not to fly off the sides though.

Comment

Fire Field(cylinder Knot)- 2'49"709 Duduz Bright Swallow-z

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                    Still a second behind the ghost... I can keep up with it on the first lap and then it just zooms off into the distance.
                    I can keep up with the ghost - are you taking the undulations of the track into account and controlling accordingly (e.g. up/down)?

Cosmo Terminal - 2'55"677 - Jewel Bruiser-V2
                    I beat this ghost last night using Black Bull (same craft). I love this track, one of my faves in the game!

Comment

AX Cup

Mute City (Sonic Oval) - 46"880 - Jewel Bruiser-V2 - PH

Beat the SG for this track by the smallest of margins - .013 of a second.

Comment

Oh I see, other people now using my baby eh?

The embryonic creation strikes back again... it really is the nuts for going faster than a laxative curry

Green Plant (Mebious Ring) - 1'34"682 - Jewel Bruiser-V2

And there was still plenty of room for improvement on that... cocked up a couple of corners and ran out of boost for a bit on the last lap...

Comment

Green Plant (Mebious Ring) - 1'34"682 - Jewel Bruiser-V2

And there was still plenty of room for improvement on that... cocked up a couple of corners and ran out of boost for a bit on the last lap...
                          Just been practicing that course. Your dead right, any time is possible (well almost ) with the Jewel Bruiser-V2.

A clean run combined with full boosts and i reckon a time of 1'30" is possible, maybe even quicker.

The embryonic creation strikes back again... it really is the nuts for going faster than a laxative curry
                          LOL. So true.

Comment

I only put it together to see what the heaviest AAA craft would be like (ie. a lead brick)... no idea that it would allow me to beat some of the ghosts for once

Comment

It is surprisingly nimble once it gets upto speed.

Green Plant (Mebious Ring) - 1'31"598 - Jewel Bruiser-V2 - PH

Comment

Well that's me out the running then, don't think I'll beat that anytime soon

Comment

Working...
                                X