Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATED!

Big Blue Bonanza!

I'm taking a break because v.hard story #7 has pissed me off with the game somewhat.

Comment

Sapphire Cup

Mute City (Serial Gaps) - 1'24"982 - Mighty Typhoon - PH

Beat the SG by just over 1.5 seconds.

The ONLY way (imho) to beat the SG is to take the first jump on Laps 2/3 and short cut the 2 sharp right handers.

Comment

Diamond Cup

Phantom Road (Slim-line Slits) - 2'02"777 - Twin Noritta - PH

Beat the SG by half a second.

Comment

OMG!

my port town time is like three hundreths of a second faster than ph's!

02'17'323 - Twin Noritta- Benji

if someone can host a pic? i can prove it?

Comment

Originally posted by ben_turner

No need to prove it.

How the hell did you get such a good time with the Twin Noritta though. I beat the Phantom Road SG with the Twin Noritta last night, so thought i would try and race against some of my better ghosts with it. I couldn't get anywhere near my Port Town I ghost, in fact after Lap 1 i was already 3 seconds behind. I didn't think the TN would have the power on an easy turning track like this.

Comment

Originally posted by PH
              Originally posted by ben_turner

No need to prove it.
              Nope, but he might need to provide a ghost in the future.

UPDATED

I'm so close to the end of Skies of Arcadia now. The urge for F-Zero is beginning to burn!!

Comment

Has anyone else attempted to beat the Staff Ghost for Outer Space? Notice how the ghosts 'snakes' along the track? Cheating bastards. ft:

Comment

Yeah, it's cool innit? In case you're interested, Sega themselves posted some footage of someone playing GX doing the same thing on that Mute City Oval track...

edit: that video

Comment

I beat the staff on Outer Space, never noticed the way the staff drives. I was always about 1 - 1.5 seconds ahead going into the last few corners but then he'd overtake me. After that i just took the right hand side instead of the left and I mangaed to beat him by a .7 seconds. Absolutely frantic run, one of my favourite TT courses.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                      Yeah, it's cool innit?
                      Not really - it spoils the fun of actually racing like you should rather than beat over a bad glitch, one that's impossible to perform on a steering wheel I might add.

My MC1 best with that trick BTW is now 44 seconds with the Black Bull - and that's not even trying really.

Also Marklar, are you still trying to beat Mayhems Split Oval record? I'm within "250 of his time with the Fat Shark (flying at the end of each lap too), I can't be arsed trying to beat it anymore. LOL.

Comment

AX Cup

Port Town (Cylinder Wave) - 2'05"301 - Blast Wolf-Z - PH

Beat the SG by just over 1.5 seconds.

Probably the worse SG in the game. Pathetic really. I can't help feeling they grabbed some blind bloke off the street and thrust the joypad into his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                          ...one that's impossible to perform on a steering wheel I might add.
                          Nah, it isn't mate - although I didn't really want to continue for fear of busting my wheel But I can kind of do it

I want to see the video from outside a GX machine when someone is doing that "trick"

Also Marklar, are you still trying to beat Mayhems Split Oval record? I'm within "250 of his time with the Fat Shark (flying at the end of each lap too), I can't be arsed trying to beat it anymore. LOL.
                          Nope, but I did do it faster than my time - that was my point, quickly shot down by Mayhem about actually getting faster in a stock car. Don't recall my time, it wasn't considerable faster. I kind of gave up playing TT though after coming that close to beating the staffer on Mute City with Death Anchor (IIRC I'm .05 behind ).

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                            I kind of gave up playing TT though after coming that close to beating the staffer on Mute City with Death Anchor (IIRC I'm .05 behind ).
                            LOL - Some things about this game really do f$%k you off though don't they? It's harder than I am, that's for sure. I've been the classroom bully ever since Area 88 on 'gamer' was defeated so I can't really complain at a 12 year reign.

Comment

Best so far on Mute City 1 is 59"901 so I only need to find 5 hundreds to take the lead on this board

After coming up with the behemoth that was the Jewel Bruiser-V2, I'm currently testing out a new creation. It's got the time above and also got my time on Mute City II down to under 1'29" as well with a bit of practice. Will put it through paces on some of the other Ruby tracks and maybe Big Blue 1 to see how well it handles at lower speed...

Oh as I now have the Fat Shark in my possession, I've been trying it out, though I feel it slides too much on Vegas Palace 1 for me to do the times I can get with you-know-what. Still, as I've finally figured out how to fly properly, I'm gonna go back and see if I can lower my time even more on that track.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                                Still, as I've finally figured out how to fly properly, I'm gonna go back and see if I can lower my time even more on that track.
                                Please. Don't.

How the hell are you flying with the Family Jewel Bruiser? When I try I completely fly off with no hope at all in pulling back. I can fly with the Fat Shark because it's just about light enough.

Here's a random pic...

Comment

Working...
                                X