No announcement yet.

NTSC F-Zero GX Time Attack Leaderboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds very interesting. Will try this later on. If i'm successful will report back.

Comment

I've tried about 30 times to replicate it but can't, basically was on second lap of race trying to beat my own ghost, but the ghost was so far ahead i thought "screw it, i'll just go all out" so i was boosting constantly, hit about 3 bombs, ship was wobbling, boosted while powersliding right (the first turn after the tunnel) and when i went over the jump it went over the rail

saw the track in the distance, held back to get height.. almost missed it but whacked right into the barrier at the side which then bounced me back onto the track (facing the wrong way sadly)

most annoying thing was my total time was still pish! lol

i think the key point is hitting enough bombs to get the ship unstable.

now if only i could perfect it, i could get some decent TT times, reminded me of that Mario64 shortcut where you should jump over the wall.

Comment

Just been trying this with the Mighty Typhoon.

I boost continously from the start line, drive thru as many bombs as possible, take the small gap and powerslide thru the right hander. I can jump the rail and reach the road on the other side, but everytime i do it the game tells me i'm "Off Course" and re-spawns me near where i initally left the track.

Can you just confirm where you left the track and what part of the track you landed on?

Comment

Sounds like it might have been just a once off. I think Serial Gaps has potential for things like that though. I reached over 5000kmph yesterday by pretty much the same means but exploded mid-air, very weird.

I was just beating my time in Vegas Palace (Double Branches) by about 4 seconds on the final lap when I went flying off on a corner. Reminded my of F-Zero X the way you'd fly off sometimes if you were going too fast, needless to say I was very pissed and F-Zero has gone sleepies for the night.

Here's Sonic Spider -Z in case anyone wants it. I can't emphasize enough how twitchy this thing is, but it's got a good top speed and great boost. I'd say it's akin to trying to control a wild bull, absolutely all over the shop, great fun though.

Sonic Spider -Z

Body - Holy Spider 540kg C
          Cockpit - Sonic Soldier 310kg C
          Boost - Triple -Z 660kg A

Aeropolis (Multiplex) - 2'07"956 - Sonic Spider-Z - Earl
          Aeropolis (Screwdrive) - 1'04"887 - Sonic Spider-Z - Earl

Comment

Your probably right Earl.

Serial Gaps defitnely has a few invisible walls.

On Laps 2 and 3 i always boost before the jump and cross the gap, cutting out both sharp right-handers in the process. When you reach the other side you sometimes blow-up - there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it (although i'm sure there is.)

Bloody annoying when your running a second faster than your best ghost. ft:

Comment

After getting annoyed at bumping walls for an hour with the Frost Lynx yesterday I decided to screw it and start Prime on hard again, this time with the hint system turned off. Feels more like Super that way.

UPDATED

Pirotic - I deleted your PM with your time on it like a fool. Please post it again.

EDIT! Now that I remember, I think I actually beat the PH Loop Cross time on here. There is hope yet!

Talk about longevity in a game - as if this wasn't worth ?50! Say I've played 200 hours that's ?0.25p per hour. I've always had good value for money out of my Nintendo releases.

Comment

Hiya, my time is..

Fire Field (Cylinder Knot) - 2'45"725

not a great time, im sure you could knock at least 5 seconds off it. i used the Frost Lynx G4.

Comment

Big Blue (Drift Highway) - 1'05"023 - Frost Lynx-G4 - PH

Comment

Hmmm 6 seconds behind on that... I really need to see some videos to figure out how I'm slower... as I'm using that car on that course too

Must be all in the drift boosting or something...
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mayhem - I've got all my better times saved as replays and ghosts. We can sort out a memory card swap if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                        Mayhem - I've got all my better times saved as replays and ghosts. We can sort out a memory card swap if you want.
                        Eventhough I don't have much to bring to the table anymore I'd love all best ghosts on the board. It'd help me catch up without getting too agitated.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                          Originally posted by PH
                          Eventhough I don't have much to bring to the table anymore I'd love all best ghosts on the board. It'd help me catch up without getting too agitated.
                          Dave - Will PM you in a mo.

Comment

Well at least I have one to trade
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Whats all this snaking/non-snakeing all about then.

Also do you have any tips for attacking, haven't been succesful yet

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_1
                                Whats all this snaking/non-snakeing all about then.
                                Choose Time Attack - Mute City 1 - Black Bull - Settings set at 0% (max accel.) Start the race by accelerating and hitting left-right-left-right etc. on the stick whilst at the same time leaning with L+R in coordination with your stick movements. Don't press a trigger until you've fully depressed the previous one. You should be able to reach 4,000kph.

Originally posted by Tom_1
                                Also do you have any tips for attacking, haven't been succesful yet

Thanks
                                Spin attack is for newbies unless you want to take out a batch of basts. Side attacks are more potent. As you'll learn with hard and v.hard story #4, side attacking an enemy into the barrier takes off LOADS of energy if not killing them in a flash.

Comment

Working...
                                X