No announcement yet.

Daytona USA 2001 Time Attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

777 Speedway: 2'20"093 using the standard set-up, no pit lanes either That can be way faster, I'm out of practice

Comment

2'19"625 Which I did last year (Remember Marklar?)

Comment

Is that using standard setup Kubrick (hornet, medium tyres)? If it is i`ve got some work to do

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
          (Remember Marklar?)
          Yes, yes I do... Wondered if you'd post

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge
            Is that using standard setup Kubrick (hornet, medium tyres)? If it is i`ve got some work to do

Yep, Hornet with medium tyres. Using the extra cars, or even different tyres cheapens the game for me.
            Hopefully someone can beat that time, so can I dust off the DC wheel again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge
              Hey masterchief could you tell me how you did that 42.158 on dinosaur canyon as i can get no where near it. I`m in the low 45 second bracket and thats with out a mistake, i can`t see where your making 3 seconds on me?
              I honestly dont know. I was playing for a good 30 mins using 4 lap runs, the hornet and all the specs and there's the times! Im sure you know how to play Daytonna using manual gears and drifiting using 2nd gear and stuff.

Ive been playing this game since it came out (Live only a train ride away from Portsmouth and they've always had multiplayer Daytonna USA) and then had the saturn version and now the DC version. Also im a massive fan of Scud Race and the two games are very simular in control.

It's all tatics I guess. I hardly ever brake in Daytonna as I always use the gears to drift and mybe thats why I got slightly ahead of you in Dinosaur canyon. The real test of any fans reactons is the three seven Speedway. Just one drift zone underneath the sonic mountain and thats the only real place where you can slow down and lose time. And thatswhere im coming short!

Oh and just two things. Im not using the pit lane to gain advantage as thats not really the race track and who around here is using a DC steering wheel? Im using a pad and I wonder if that'll have an advantage?

Comment

I use a wheel. I dunno if it gives a performance advantage as such, but it definitely feels better to play using one.

Comment

I used to use a wheel to play this but after using the ps2 force feedback wheel, the dc wheel feels bad to play with. But if you get used to the pad i can`t really see the wheel having an advantage.
                  I also had another run on dinosaur canyon and managed to get into the 44 second bracket but i`m struggling to make time up anywhere. like you i`m using the gears to brake and slide round the corners but it`s certainly a good time you set there masterchief.

Comment

I've missed this thread. I'll have to prise SR2 out of my DC and get back into practise. I got 2.19.250 and 17.218 on 777 speedway last year, but they were both using hard tyres. I can't remember what I was like on medium tyres.

BTW, it's dervish here.

Comment

*EDIT*

YEEEESSSSSS!!!! Finally beaten Kubrick's time. Only took me about a week of solid playing as well

Now down to 2'19"593 on 777 speedway, with a best lap of 17"359

Dinosaur Canyon : 3'00"859 and 43"546

Comment

Working...
                      X