more phantasy star universe help please :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more phantasy star universe help please :(

So I just got the 360 version of phantasy star universe and cannot get online. I bought a guardian license from https://billing.playsega.com/sprt.jsp but I can't actually do anything with it. Is this just for the PC version or something? There are no contact details for sega whatsoever on the psu sites which is pissing me off, because if I can't use this subscription, I want my money back, since nowhere on the site does it say that it's not for 360.

Thanks for help
    Last edited by noobish hat; 27-09-2008, 13:53.

Haven't played this version so not 100% how the setup is to get online, but if you check the official site http://phantasystaruniverse.com/
    it says that the servers are down for maintenance so thats probably why you can't connect.

Comment

You buy the 360 guardian license through the Live marketplace. I don't think you can buy them from the web - that'll probably be for the PS2/PC versions.

Comment

Thanks guys, finally got through to sega and yep, you can only buy the 360 license on Live Marketplace (even though the billing website makes no mention of any version). The important thing is, I got out of there without paying the £6.99.

Comment

More help needed please! I downloaded the demo, but I CANNOT DO ANYTHING. I have a headset connected, but I can't talk to anyone. The reason I want to talk to people is because I have no clue what is going on. I used to play PSO on the dreamcast and it was simple. I've managed to find the mission counter, but it won't let me do anything arghahgrhghg please help

Comment

To talk to someone you need to be in a party with them.

To talk to someone outside a party you need a USB keyboard.

The demo is NOT representative of Phantasy Star Universe in its current state, as since Ambition of the Illuminus was released so many tweaks, changes and updates have been made including an overhaul to how critical hits work with the attack system.

It works differently to PSO - There are several mission counters, not just one. If you want to do a specific mission, you need to go to that mission counter specifically, you don't just have a single lobby where you can go everywhere.

Take the elevator on the guardian colony you start off on, to the fourth floor. From here you can take ships to fly to the three planets and take missions there.

Comment

Thanks, I've tried that, did work, but there was no one around and without the communication stuff, can't really set anything up. May have another go at some point, just doesn't seem as fun as PSO

Comment

Did you check what universe you're on?

In the bottom right hand corner it tells you what universe (server) you're currently logged into. Around the colonies are red crystals that allow you to change your universe.

Join a populated server and go to Colony 4th floor. You'll see a ton of people there.

Comment

They are tutorials for the offline mode and online mode that explains you a lot about Clyez City and the gameplay.

Comment

Working...
                  X