No announcement yet.

Killzone 2 NTSC-uk Clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really struggling to understand how the higher ranking people have managed to get kill ratios of around 2.5. There's somebody near the top who has a kill ratio of 4.21 which is crazy.

I seem to be a fairly constant 0.9 and a bit which is bloody annoying, I think I'd more than happy to just reach 1 as at least I'm killing them as many times as they kill me.

Comment

I'm like that with every online shooty game, I start off with no skills and can't control myself either so always rush headlong into the fray.. and when there's a goal like plant a bomb or pick up a flag I can't resist going for it, so that usually adds even more to my deaths.

After a while I get good enough that I can get more kills than deaths, but by then I have such a huge deficit that it would take months to get back to 1. I think in Warhawk I was down at 0.40 after the first couple of weeks, which I clawed back 0.80. I was improving in KZ2 but unlocking the melee badge cost me a lot, it's not very easy to charge at people and not get shot in the face. Now I'm at 0.89 I think, but with numbers in the thousands so it will take forever to even out.

It shouldn't really matter because dying a lot can be a sign that you try hard for the objectives, but in MGO it reached a stage where you got kicked out of teams if your KDR was poor. That led to people boosting their stats just to be allowed to play, which screwed up the whole rating/ranking system completely. I would like to see an online shooter with no KDR recorded at all.. it would be very liberating!

The people with huge ratios are most likely rocket spammers who are also skilled at avoiding death. Some of the folk at the top certainly are, I met them and saw for myself.

Comment

They were probably doing that aim exploit, keep tapping the zoom button as you fire and it locks onto your enemy no matter what the distance, tried it on Friday, it certainly works but felt really strange because 1 I was cheating and 2 with the screen constantly half flicking between zoom and normal it just felt outright weird.

Thank god it's being patched.

Comment

Speaking of which, no patch yet - was supposed to be 8am wasn't it? I want to get it installed before my internet is disconnected (although it's probably only a warzone patch so shouldn't matter I guess)

Comment

The patch is up now.

I just had my first game where a couple of the enemy had rocket launchers. What a waste of time that was, I don't understand the point in them in the smaller levels.

They probably wouldn't be so bad in a more open level such as Pyrrhus Rise but it removed all the skill from the game I just had.

I'd probably be really pissed off if it wasn't for the fact that they only won one of the rounds!!!

Comment

I found lots of the perks and weapons you get when you gain exp. & badges annoying at the beginning, however once you can use them yourself it's great!
              I still hate the flying sentries though they're pretty useless, annoying and get in the way in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
                I still hate the flying sentries though they're pretty useless, annoying and get in the way in my opinion.
                That's the one secondary badge I can't see me getting, which is a shame because the Tactician would be so much more useful teamed with a different secondary, like Boost.

Comment

can you add me?
                  theSTRAWDoG

thanks

Comment

Any fun clan-only games coming up?

Comment

Nothing arranged at the moment. I've taken a bit of a break while playing F.E.A.R., but I'll start again once I'm done I think.

strawdog, I'll send one later if I remember. If you don't get one (And remember you won't get a message popup, you'll need to check for the invite manually), send me a message on PSN to remind me.

Comment

We'll (phrad) play you again next wednesday if you like.

Comment

I think next week is the Champions League again, so we might struggle with the numbers for that one.

Comment

I'll play if it's Wednesday as MU play Tuesday.

Comment

barca play wednesday so i can't play that day 'less it's a 9:45 start(!!)
                              ^__^*

.bikutaa(vic)

Comment

Just back from my winter holiday. I can do weds, and dvdf have offered an 8v8 rematch for a few weeks time.

Comment

Working...
                                X