X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can make up the numbers if needed. Finally got my stick today

Hardly even touched the game yet, so need to do my homework

Comment

I wouldn't mind having a go, I'm competent but if people can't get their **** sorted and actually play the matches, I'm out

How about a champions league-esque style, with the losers dropping into a eufa cup style tourney, so the lesser plays still can get into a final with the other lesser players etc?

Does it have to be set characters as well, cos I'm not sure anymore if I'm a Ken, Balrog or E-Honda! :S
      Last edited by Jebus; 06-05-2009, 13:21.

Comment

It's probably best to keep it simple for now considering it took almost 2 months to finish the last one

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
          I suspect I got beaten last time due to someone counter picking after I easily beat them in the warm up matches with the character they had already progressed in the PS3 tournament with.
          Erm... I thought we were supposed to keep the same character all the way through the tournament? If that's true and your opponent changed from their previously used character then you got jipped, and should have won by default for such an action imo...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

No, I was in the 360 tournament and the person I lost to in that had already played some matches in the PS3 tournament with Gouken.

I then played that person in the 360 tournament and as always had a couple of warm up matches first to ensure we were both happy with the connection. Again the person in question chose Gouken (suggesting that that was their "main" character) and proceeded to get beaten in 2 straight rounds. Another warm up match which I win easily again so when it came to playing the proper match the character was changed again to a character who was a poor match up for Chun-Li. Of course I could just have been hussled

I'm not suggesting any foul play was involved or that any rules were broken, but to avoid something similar in future, I think characters should be nominated before any ties are drawn to avoid the possibility of counter picking.

Comment

Id be up for taking part in the next tournament if like-minded people are up for getting through it semi quickly

Comment

I like the idea for doing best of 3 matches using 3 different characters, but this may limit the amount of people entering?

Please give me your views on this rule, starting now!

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                  I like the idea for doing best of 3 matches using 3 different characters, but this may limit the amount of people entering?

Please give me your views on this rule, starting now!
                  Like it!

Comment

It was Psyduck's idea. Maybe it will be his reward for winning the tourney.

Comment

I like the sound of it, but we'd need to be clear if the order of the characters would change or stay the same. Does that make sense?

Comment

Yes. Characters and their order of match appearance will be chosen by all participants before the tournament starts. Maybe only declared via Private Message too! In fact, defo.

Comment

I'd rather just use 1 character, but I'll probably enter no matter what format we go for.

Comment

I'd prefer one character too, otherwise it's giving a massive advantage to anybody who's been playing with Ryu, Ken, Akuma and that lot, as there are a bunch of characters that are really similar to each other.

I'd prefer three matches, though.

Comment

Id much prefer just the one character method. Adding extra elements will only serve to slow down the whole process i reckon.

Comment

Maybe I'll do two tourneys. 1v1 and the 3v3 Team Battle Bonanza!

I'll await the feedback in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                                X